Player Watch Tew Jiath

Remove this Banner Ad

His debut was ok. Certainly lacking in some strength, a tank and understanding of positioning. All of which can be achieved in a couple of pre-seasons. I think he's a very exciting prospect!

Richmond's premiership back up ruck Shaun Greig.

Cox's issue is he gets outmarked and is a liability if it hits the ground. He needs to kick 2 a game to offset that and he wasn't doing it.

Happy to let Kreuger get an extended run at it and see if his forward work can offset any disadvantage in the ruck.
2 a game? That's almost 50 goals a year. No second ruck forward does that. He is there to bring it to ground, take a few contested marks and destroy the oppo second ruck in most contests. He can also share the load evenly with Cameron or even play 1st ruck. Kreuger is good but he brings a much different skill set than Cox.

2 a game? That's almost 50 goals a year. No second ruck forward does that. He is there to bring it to ground, take a few contested marks and destroy the oppo second ruck in most contests. He can also share the load evenly with Cameron or even play 1st ruck. Kreuger is good but he brings a much different skill set than Cox.

yeh maybe 2 a game is optimistic but 3 goals from 11 games this season means he isn't doing his job.

Tew was cringeworthy on the weekend - hopefully just a very bad game and not an indicator of future performance - he seemed lost and unsure of himself, couldn't see any development in his game compared to the way he was playing earlier in the year

Tew was cringeworthy on the weekend - hopefully just a very bad game and not an indicator of future performance - he seemed lost and unsure of himself, couldn't see any development in his game compared to the way he was playing earlier in the year

A lot of our young players play like that.

De Mattia spent his first 6 games running around in a circle in the back pocket

Ryan looks totally lost.

Allan is low on confidence ect ect.

It's a product of a terrible VFL team that loses 11 games in a row and can't even do the basics like moving the ball properly. Low confidence is like a virus and spreads throughout everyone and hinders development

A lot of our young players play like that.

De Mattia spent his first 6 games running around in a circle in the back pocket

Ryan looks totally lost.

Allan is low on confidence ect ect.

It's a product of a terrible VFL team that loses 11 games in a row and can't even do the basics like moving the ball properly. Low confidence is like a virus and spreads throughout everyone and hinders development
Agree, there's a justification for being low on confidence, and that first quarter showcased the reasons why so many of our young players aren't playing senior footy - Allan showed a lack of core strength, Fin missed a basic short pass, De Mattia showed some poor decision making. By the last quarter, Fin was running on top of the ground and kicked a nice goal, Allan showed some real dash and carry, De Mattia showed that he's got very good hands - especially marking. Poor Tew seemed to hit rock bottom and then continued digging- hope he can climb out of the great big hole he's dug.

Agree, there's a justification for being low on confidence, and that first quarter showcased the reasons why so many of our young players aren't playing senior footy - Allan showed a lack of core strength, Fin missed a basic short pass, De Mattia showed some poor decision making. By the last quarter, Fin was running on top of the ground and kicked a nice goal, Allan showed some real dash and carry, De Mattia showed that he's got very good hands - especially marking. Poor Tew seemed to hit rock bottom and then continued digging- hope he can climb out of the great big hole he's dug.

Well over the whole Season he probably shown the Most of the Youth at VFL Level

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was very impressed with him early, but a little disappointed he didn’t improve much throughout the year. Did others notice improvement? While DM I thought was quite underwhelming, but showed steady improvement.

I was very impressed with him early, but a little disappointed he didn’t improve much throughout the year. Did others notice improvement? While DM I thought was quite underwhelming, but showed steady improvement.
I wasn't impressed at all yet, although I know he has a lot of development work physically to do. We will need to be super patient with this one.

For me, he really needs most work on his kicking - far too high trajectory

I wasn't impressed at all yet, although I know he has a lot of development work physically to do. We will need to be super patient with this one.

For me, he really needs most work on his kicking - far too high trajectory

I thought his Kicking was Very Good and Did not Panic when he had the Ball

TJ was always a speculative pick and was going to take some time to develop. I think patience is the order for the day, especially with this young lad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Tew Jiath

Remove this Banner Ad

Back