Toast Thank you Josh Kennedy

Remove this Banner Ad

Hell of a career. What a player he has been. Will leave a big hole to be filled, we’ve been spoilt the last decade plus.

Thanks for the memories, JK. Enjoy your well deserved retirement.

I'm still in shock, im too sad. Writing this weeks preview has been like writing a eulogy. You will forever have my thanks, respect and love JK. My next dog is going to be big, black and scruffy and named Kennedy. Here's hoping he gives it his all, all the time with commitment, loyalty, respect and love for others the way you do mate.

Absolute deadset legend and my favourite player. Long live JK.

Remember this gem that got us going in the '15 PF?

Lol 2 rubbish calls involving Shuey there. High tackle that was nowhere near and when he went directly into the legs of Dal Santo that wasn't called

A legend of the club, a super footballer and from what we have seen an even better person off the field, massive hole that you cannot replace, you can never replace the champions.

My lasting memory of what type of person he was, was at the last game he played in Melbourne against the Hawks, he was out doing his normal pre game work out and it started hosing down, all the other soft ***** left the ground, he stayed out on the ground, that is leadership without saying anything.

But what really summed up how awesome of human he was, once he finished up, he made the effort to come over to the goals where all the Eagles fans had gathered early for the match ( only reason i was at the game was to watch him one last time live in the flesh), and made sure he spoke to or had a selfie with every fan that was there, basically walked the fence line from the pocket past the goals and to the race where the umpires run out, the people who waited lit up as he spoke or took photo's.

To me that is JK in a nutshell, a super footballer, but an even more awesome human. Just hope like crazy the club finds a role for him at the club should he want it.

Thanks JK, Loved watching you play footy, from the jittery run up, hard but fair attack on the ball, outstanding accuracy and the obvious respect and loyalty you had for your team mates and they had for you. I loved it all.
Gonna miss you when you're gone.:'(

The reluctant eagle

It gets forgotten just how hard the eagles had to work to coax him into being traded. Showing the same sort of loyalty to Carlton that we would become accustomed to, he wanted to stay. It was another of its great traits, selflessness, that would eventually see him agree because he didn’t want to be the stumbling block that scuppered the trade

Thank **** Carlton held firm on not trading pick 1. Not that many fans, upset at losing Judd, were necessarily happy to pick up an underperforming gangly KPF as compensation for missing pick 1

Took him a while to cement himself in the side but once he did he became a generational forward, second only to Buddy, over the course of his career. The best forward we’ve ever had and one of the best 5 eagles in our 35 year history

In combination with Darling he formed half of one of the best 1-2 KPF pairings of the last decade. Maybe the best taking 2011-22 in its entirety

It’s a given that he’ll be missed onfield but I’m not sure how much fans realise the hole he leaves off field. Anyone who’s watched him at training barking instructions to the other forwards during training drills then having a quiet word of explanation afterwards, especially to the younger players will know how much knowledge he’s passed on

Helped us win many a game but two finals stand out for me

The 2015 prelim against North where he physically willed us back into the game in the second quarter when it looked like the game was slipping away

Then in 2018, he came back underdone to play Collingwood in the QF and looked rusty for three quarters. When it mattered in the last quarter though, he stood up

Talented, humble, fair and always willing to take the piss out of himself.

**** I’m going to miss him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolute champ of the game! It's still sad even though most of us knew it was imminent. Hope he stays with the club in some capacity..

Sad that I'll never see him play any more.

But when the body can only get up for 1 game in 2, maybe 1 in 3, he's made the right call.
Here's hoping we can send him out with a win.

If there's one thing I'm happy about, it's that he goes out with that tag... Premiership Player.

It's going to be tough watching West Coast games for a while knowing JK is no longer on the list. True heart and soul player for the club. The word champion gets bandied around too often, but in this case it feels like a massive understatement. What a player he has been.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Thank you Josh Kennedy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back