Roast Beef

Debutant
Nov 13, 2005
Japan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Socceroos
Cast your mind back a year. That's all I've got right now. Absolutely gutted.

What a ride though. That's football, that's life.

Roast Beef said:
Cast your mind back a year. That's all I've got right now. Absolutely gutted.

What a ride though. That's football, that's life.

If thats Football life you can stick the biased refs up ya clacker IMO.

Ruined a good Competition since the Socceroos arrived in Germany.

:thumbsdown:

Punt_Road_Roar said:
If thats Football life you can stick the biased refs up ya clacker IMO.

Ruined a good Competition since the Socceroos arrived in Germany.

:thumbsdown:

I don't blame the ref today. Last games yes, but it looked like a penalty. Blame the Italian player.

At least now we don't have to wit another 3 years for the Socceroos to play another meaningful game. With the Asian Cup Qualifiers, then Asian Cup, then WC Qualifiers coming around again, this team will stay in the national focus instead of drifting away until the next playoff comes around.

With respect, somehow I don't think Australia v Kuwait is going to fire the public imagination much more than Australia v Solomon Islands used to do.

Next time we play Japan on the other hand...

Matt_TY said:
With respect, somehow I don't think Australia v Kuwait is going to fire the public imagination much more than Australia v Solomon Islands used to do.

Very true but it will still be a meanigful match, whereas in the past we've only had a series of pointless friendlies... I can't wait till when Australia play Japan again... hopefully it will be in the Asian Cup Final :D

We may all feel absolutely gutted today, but the ride was always going to end eventually, and it was never going to be easy.

To those with long memories, cast your mind back 12 months - the Confederations Cup in Germany. A sacked coach. The new national league still in its formative stages, with many doubts from outsiders. No entry into Asia yet.

The steps the sport and the team have made in the 12 months have been nothing short of remarkable. To think today we are disappointed not to have made the quarter finals of the World Cup ... a year ago I would have slapped you in the face and told you to wake up. It may hurt today, but when I look back in another 12 months there will be nothing but positives. Guus Hiddink. The A-League. Kickoff shenanigans in Montevideo. The Johnny Warren tribute. The shootout. Our first steps in Asia. 40,000 at an A-League grand final. 95,000 at a friendly. Tim Cahill's comeback. Harry's heroics. The overwhelming positive aura of the game. This is a period we will never have again.

Don't pout and moan today but reflect and cherish. Thank you FFA. Thank you Guus. And most of all, thank you Socceroos, for the sporting ride of a lifetime. We will not be back in four years, because we will never leave.

Agree. And at least we did not cheat to get through to the next round. We went out with class and dignity.

I jumped on this bandwagon a year ago...after jumping aboard every 4 years previously, but something tells me I will be staying on it a bit longer.

I am interested in the Asian Cup Federation and will keep an eye on this board a bit longer.

Thank you to all the Futbal heads who took us nuff nuffs with the grain of salt experts take idiots and help them understand

Oh wait I see a Lleyton bandwagon going by.......... see ya

I'm just eager for some club football to start again..definetly hav not been turned off by the result for australia, but i finally think that i am off the "soccer" bandwagon and actually a true fan of the sport and with the way aussie rules is at the moment it might stay that way...just hoping barca gets their hands on lucas neill and pursues the services of gigi buffon but yeah i can still remember aloisi's goal against uruguay i woke everyone in my house up haha. i've always had a soft spot for soccer but AFL was always my thing but i've enjoyed real "football" alot more and i don't see it changing and i just hope everyone else doesnt turn its back on the beautiful game and go back to watching the current kick to kick rubbish called AFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Thankyou for the memories

Remove this Banner Ad

Back