The 2010 Winty Awards

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a new year, and time to witness the rebirth of every Collingwood supporter's favourite award, The Winty. Yes, it's only 18 months since Winty himself decided to troll Collingwood fans over comments made by Mick Malthouse in a post-match press conference, only to find that he'd dug himself a massive hole. Undeterred, Winty proceeded to keep on digging and a new award was born. :)

The ravages of father time have seen the Winty Award fall into obscurity; the hour is nigh for it's restoration unto it's rightful place on BigFooty. Many Collingwood board regulars lament that we give trolls more latitude than is afforded us on other boards; here is an opportunity to exact some revenge whilst championing good humour and a spirit of brotherhood in all things Black and White. We will have a new format, and a judging panel is being formulated to vote on the dumbest and most ironic troll posts aimed at Collingwood each month, culminating in an annual extravaganza.

Here are the criteria for admission to the order of the Winty;

*Posts will be judged singly. A string of posts must contain a single stand-out to be worthy.
*Posts must be linked to, and quoted in their entirety, by the nominator. In quoting a post, no editing is permissible.
*Posts must be trolling attempts of Collingwood the club, Collingwood players, ex-players or administrators, or Collingwood supporters.
*Posts must be on BigFooty and posted by a supporter of an opposition, or unlisted, club.

Each month the judging panel will consider the nominees, and award votes based on a 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 system where 5 is given to the dumbest post. The 12 monthly winners will then be judged against one another to be awarded the Companion to the Winty Award (and subsequent admission to the Winty Hall of Fame), and for one truly deluded post, The Winty of the Year.

Judges will be encouraged to reward posts that display;

*Outstanding ignorance of Collingwood or football in general
*Inability to acknowledge available facts regarding the topic discussed
*Stubbornness to admit defeat in the face of logic
*Ironic delivery or framing of the post such that it enhances its dumbness
*Mindless bias against Collingwood and it's stakeholders

For now, I invite all interested parties to put forward their nominations for January, such that we may be joined in mirth at their obvious delusion. :thumbsu:

Are parrot and her gay best friend TheGeneral still banned from the Collingwood boards?

I reckon this should be reserved for people who are truly deluded.

Some people post utter crap about the club, knowing it's wrong but looking for a reaction. Others post crap, but are under the impression they're spot on. The latter lives up to the Winty name imo, not the former.

Are parrot and her gay best friend TheGeneral still banned from the Collingwood boards?
I would suggest as much, however the posts nominated for the Winty are not restricted to our boards. There will be plenty of fodder on the main board, the Polls board, Drafts and Trading etc.

I reckon this should be reserved for people who are truly deluded.

Some people post utter crap about the club, knowing it's wrong but looking for a reaction. Others post crap, but are under the impression they're spot on. The latter lives up to the Winty name imo, not the former.
I agree. However at this stage I'm happy for people to nominate the former, knowing it likely will be outmatched by the latter in voting. For instance parrot's usual garbage would only come into contention if he/she/it managed a poignant facepalm in posting... hence the weighting for irony.

I'm pretty sure it's been either confirmed, or decided upon by convention.

P.S. Smiddaz123 please KO some PMs from your inbox, it's full and I can't send to you at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meh, I like it when they troll, and then leave with their tail between their legs when we all start ripping into them.:D

It would probably discourage trolls, because now they know that if they say something stupid we aren't going to let it go.:thumbsu:

But what do you think they want when they troll? They post that crap because they want a reaction from us. Otherwise they wouldn't do it.

^ Yeah, but while we can link to those posts in here and laugh at them, they're unlikely to win. The Winty is for the creme de la creme of troll facepalms.

But what do you think they want when they troll? They post that crap because they want a reaction from us. Otherwise they wouldn't do it.
My reaction is usually this:

SAA0658.gif

I doubt they want that reaction.:p

Its not just about being stickied, the members need to all contribute their opinions on what should be nominated.. one person cannot monitor all of bigfooty.

I think if you want to start somewhere, simply type in "Luke Ball" in the search option. You are guarranteed to find a handful of Winty's lurking deep within.

Winty has mellowed of late. I have even ageed with a number of his posts, much to my disgust :D

Maybe we also need to start a "Jeff Dunne" award where all debates lead to GF losses.

Its not just about being stickied, the members need to all contribute their opinions on what should be nominated.. one person cannot monitor all of bigfooty.
Correct. We're relying on everyone to nominate embarrassing trolling efforts for our amusement. This is the very thread in which to do it. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back