The 2010 Winty Awards

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to those who've gotten their votes in so promptly, we currently have votes from 6/10 panellists, and we're waiting on;
Snag Breac
Mattys123
conodie05
bushpie

However I'm aware it's only the first of the month, so no panic. :)

Mine are in now................

Many thanks to all those who posted such "winty" nominations

Post #211 in this thread is the first nominee, Snag.

Snag and Mattys123 are the only two yet to vote, great job people! :thumbsu:

Just for ease of access, I have here a recap of those admitted to the Order of the Winty for 2010.

January - TheGeneral
February - kreuze_missile
March - SASQUATCH09

I must admit, I'm not at all averse to the idea of Winty himself presenting the award to the annual winner, the Winty Of The Year. :D

I noticed Rohan25 posting an amusing Winty "seal" in the Collingwood/Carlton forwards comparison thread, which I thought was an outstanding idea. If Rohan25 is agreeable, maybe we could get some of the gurus around here to put forward their designs for a Seal of Winty-ness that could be posted in particularly diabolical threads. Something that captures the essence of self-pwnership we're looking to recognise with the Winty. :p

Yep, I have everyone's but Mattys123's... in actual fact only one post can win, mathematically speaking, but we can afford to wait a while for Mattys123's votes. :)

Yep, I have everyone's but Mattys123's... in actual fact only one post can win, mathematically speaking, but we can afford to wait a while for Mattys123's votes. :)

Don't come to me with your mathematics!

No, I did read most of them as they came up and knew which post was in the gun, but the bureaucrat in me wanted a neat list of entrants, bolded, highlighted, indented, but not underlined, and yes, stamped Certified Winty.

Expecting some creative photoshopping.:thumbsu:

Just for ease of access, I have here a recap of those admitted to the Order of the Winty for 2010.

January - TheGeneral
February - kreuze_missile
March - SASQUATCH09

I must admit, I'm not at all averse to the idea of Winty himself presenting the award to the annual winner, the Winty Of The Year. :D

I noticed Rohan25 posting an amusing Winty "seal" in the Collingwood/Carlton forwards comparison thread, which I thought was an outstanding idea. If Rohan25 is agreeable, maybe we could get some of the gurus around here to put forward their designs for a Seal of Winty-ness that could be posted in particularly diabolical threads. Something that captures the essence of self-pwnership we're looking to recognise with the Winty. :p

i thought i did that :confused:

and i was about to ask if someone with some skill can make an official one that we use to stamp the winners or nominees of each month. we just need to make sure mods on the main board dont mind

so we're on the same page with that idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alrighty, results are in (in amazingly prompt fashion, give yourselves a big pat on the back! :thumbsu:) and the outstanding nominee for the month of April is...

absfab! For this wonderful assessment of our forwards, albeit with some statistical manipulation... okay, so outright lying. :eek: Even neutral supporters jumped on board to point out that absfab's thread tasted of fail, simply a joy to behold.

Looking forward to a similar standard of self-pwnage in May! :)

Alrighty, results are in (in amazingly prompt fashion, give yourselves a big pat on the back! :thumbsu:) and the outstanding nominee for the month of April is...

absfab! For this wonderful assessment of our forwards, albeit with some statistical manipulation... okay, so outright lying. :eek: Even neutral supporters jumped on board to point out that absfab's thread tasted of fail, simply a joy to behold.

Timely - absfab has been a guest on our board tonight. He's here to accept this month's award.:thumbsu:

I voted for him second, but as that thread drew on and absfabs kept digging a bigger hole for himself, I started to really doubt my vote. Glad the correct choice was made in the end :thumbsu:

What's more, absfab doesn't seem content with winning the award for the month, and is already making a strong case to be chosen as the best Winty for 2010

Here he is in the same thread, after the match:

Then again, Setanta kicked more than Dawes and Cloke combined....

Great game by the Pies. I'm impressed.

and props go to dillo for pulling him up on that one..

ANOTHER epic fail from you!! Havent mastered basic mathematics yet??

Goals
Cloke - 2
Dawes - 3
Total - 5

O'Hailpin - 5
Total - 5

5 is not MORE than 5. It is the same/identical/equal to etc etc etc.

However, I can help you with your maths.....

24 IS more than 16
155 IS more than 102
4 IS more than 0

And today, that's all that matters

I voted for him second, but as that thread drew on and absfabs kept digging a bigger hole for himself, I started to really doubt my vote. Glad the correct choice was made in the end :thumbsu:

What's more, absfab doesn't seem content with winning the award for the month, and is already making a strong case to be chosen as the best Winty for 2010

Here he is in the same thread, after the match:

and props go to dillo for pulling him up on that one..

I think he captures the spirit of the Winty in that thread. Failed trolling, inaccurate information, persistent trolling when corrected.

He will be hard to top.

Would this one qualify, or is it too early?

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=702032
I smell colliwobbles...
Lets face it if your team cant win the flag, the next best thing is colliwobbles in the grand final.

Its got that danger element too becasue, lets face it, if they do make the granny, they might just win it and its misery for everyone: morons waving at every intersection across melbourne and solid people you didnt know barracked for the pies go strangely psycho

But deep down, we know the likely result of a coliwobble GF, and 2010 may be another chance to experience it again, as they look a form team at the moment

Would this one qualify, or is it too early?

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=702032
I smell colliwobbles...
Lets face it if your team cant win the flag, the next best thing is colliwobbles in the grand final.

Its got that danger element too becasue, lets face it, if they do make the granny, they might just win it and its misery for everyone: morons waving at every intersection across melbourne and solid people you didnt know barracked for the pies go strangely psycho

But deep down, we know the likely result of a coliwobble GF, and 2010 may be another chance to experience it again, as they look a form team at the moment

I don't pay attention to the Idiots on Bay 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back