The 2014 Rumours, Transfers, Recruitments Pre-Season Thread - All Divisions

Remove this Banner Ad

I have heard Currie has gone to the GV with one of the Shepp sides and Hocking & Perry have followed the Heidleberg crew up to Leitchville-Gunbower in the Heathcote League.

Yep, on the grape vine I have heard these rumours as well.

You can never bag someone or people that have done a heap for a Club and move on for brighter things. I reckon we will see a few people from many Clubs take the bait of a fairly decent earn and new challenges. All good blokes. Shattered they are going but on we move.

Any news from Eltham Denny? In particular Paul Currie, Ryan Hocking, Brad Perry, Jackson Weatherald and Gav
Connelly? Or a you saving them for
the new gig?;)Have heard that the
new pres at Mont is tightening up
the spend. They have signed Joel
Maclellan (x borough) and Ben
Fennel (x bridge) with some
quality losses as well. My team
from what I can understand is
tracking ok but a few loose ends
to tie up before announcements
are made.
Have you been tuning in and following the page Mr.Brutal...??? Any suggestions as you know i value your opinion mate... 1116SEN 1.00-1.30pm Sundays... The LOCAL LOCKER ROOM - 30minutes dedicated to suburban footy, running through the Feb. Rumours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard tonight that Jay Neagle was definitely at Eltham training last night and they expect him to sign. And will definitely need him as not a lot of experience on the track at the moment.

Must have found a money tree - Lonergan from Yarra one of the premier backmen in the O&M - wouldn't come cheap.
1876, this ones just for you mate - North's coach Steve Saddington worked alongside one of the players they have recruited... From all reports, a group of VERY GOOD country footballers (most of them rep players from respected country leagues, Jeff Ryan captained Blackburn in the EFL at 21 but was originally from Morwell) played together in England in a "Ex-Pat Comp" while travelling and decided they would play together in Melbourne when they returned... They are not greedy boys and have fitted in extremely well from the outset. Country lads, wanting to play together, haven't expected the world and signed for 2 years... Refreshing to hear a story like this on a forum that breeds cynics... Tune in Sunday 1876, we'll go over some other stuff from around metro footy...!!! We have Cam Cloke on this week for a quick interview... And, for anyone from North, if you can verify the comments above ON AIR we'll throw a $100 Medical voucher your clubs way.

Last edited:
1876, this ones just for you mate - North's coach Steve Saddington worked alongside one of the players they have recruited... From all reports, a group of VERY GOOD country footballers (most of them rep players from respected country leagues, Jeff Ryan captained Blackburn in the EFL at 21 but was originally from Morwell) played together in England in a "Ex-Pat Comp" while travelling and decided they would play together in Melbourne when they returned... They are not greedy boys and have fitted in extremely well from the outset. Country lads, wanting to play together, haven't expected the world and signed for 2 years... Refreshing to hear a story like this on a forum that breeds cynics... Tune in Sunday 1876, we'll go over some other stuff from around metro footy...!!! We have Cam Cloke on this week for a quick interview... And, for anyone from North, if you can verify the comments above ON AIR we'll throw a $100 Medical voucher your clubs way.

Pretty good summary there SS, I am pretty sure it was Lonergan who was working with Saddo which got the doggies on the front foot. Also heard the big man Jas Dean might be out of retirement as well, not 100% sure on that one though.

Pretty good summary there SS, I am pretty sure it was Lonergan who was working with Saddo which got the doggies on the front foot. Also heard the big man Jas Dean might be out of retirement as well, not 100% sure on that one though.
ON AIR slowlegs... Get a Doggie ON AIR and i'll sling ya $100 towards medical supplies from SS.

This is a ****in disgrace. Do not underestimate the amount people that attempt to run this competition get paid and how many kick backs they get at Cramer St come finals time.

They will laugh it off as an admin error but IMO this makes us look like the amateur competition we maybe are.

NFL, you are a joke.
Come on Denny, what you never made a mistake or got stuff wrong? Cough up on this kick back stuff what do you know?

Remove this Banner Ad

The 2014 Rumours, Transfers, Recruitments Pre-Season Thread - All Divisions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back