The 2nd "What are you reading now" thread

Remove this Banner Ad

"Eleanor Rigby" and "All Families are Psychotic" by Douglas Coupland. Standard Copeland affairs, but very entertaining as usual.

Next up, "Transition" by Iain Banks. Looking forward to this as he is my favourite author.

Just finished Robert Masons 'Chickenhawk', an incredible read about the Vietnam war through the eyes of a helicopter pilot. Well written and doesn't dance around the reality of war. If you can, grab a copy :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I recently finished 1984 by Orwell and The Quiet American by Graham Greene. 1984 was spectacular, The Quiet American merely decent.

I'm not sure what to read next. I've been meaning to re-read Great Expectations, so perhaps I'll do that before I start something new.

"Eleanor Rigby" and "All Families are Psychotic" by Douglas Coupland. Standard Copeland affairs, but very entertaining as usual.

Have you read Generation A? I got that travelling across the States a few months ago, enjoyed it, but he's taken the storytelling with the story theme a bit too far there.

Re-read Gen X as soon as I'd finished that, and loved it as much as when I first read it nearly 20 (!) years ago

Have you read Generation A? I got that travelling across the States a few months ago, enjoyed it, but he's taken the storytelling with the story theme a bit too far there.

Re-read Gen X as soon as I'd finished that, and loved it as much as when I first read it nearly 20 (!) years ago

Nah, haven't read it yet. I only found out the other day about it. I've read seven of his books, and they are always a pretty good read, albeit very strange!

I read two books at a time... one at home and one at work, during breaks/downtime during heat/rain.

Just started a new book today at work - Banco, the sequel to Papillon, by Henri Charriere. Papillon was a fantastic read, and it seems this one is going to be mostly about organised crime in South America.

Is anyone a fan of these books?

"Australian Tragic" by Jack Marx, what a brilliant collection of terrifically written short stories.

is it what! i bloody loved that book. hopefully there's another soon.

I just finished My Life by roberta williams which IMO made her sound like an illiterate 12 year old wanting to "smash people's heads in" and am soon to finish "australian outlaw" about the postcard bandit which has been more entertaining and has had lots more adult phrases than the Roberta Williams book as well:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shopgirl by Steve Martin. Have to say I'm very impressed by it. The writing style is simple but the subject matter extremely interesting - some great characters.

The Wolf by Richard Guilliatt and Peter Hohnen.

Its about a WW1 german raider that snaked its way around the world without stopping into port or sending any form of wireless message and that was also able to disguise itself to evade detection. It's quite fascinating.

Kingdom of Fear - Hunter S Thompson

one crazy guy

How are you finding it? I finished it last week. I quite like Hunter and this is pretty typical of his work. It's not really structured like most other autobiographies, but the way he links all his stories tells a pretty interesting overall story.

Throughout the whole book, I kept thinking about how it all ended for him.

The Pacific by Hugh Ambrose. Based on the upcoming mini series on 7. Has a different feel to it from Band of Brothers as there are less first hand accounts (appears all the main charachters are no longer with us). Doesn't just focus on one company either.

Remove this Banner Ad

The 2nd "What are you reading now" thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back