The 2nd "What are you reading now" thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If you like your horror with a little intelligence/homour/pathos try Handling The Undead by John Ajvide Lindqvist who wrote Let the Right One In. Started it yesterday morning, will finish it by tomorrow, its that good.

I have been meaning to do it for a while, but i have started getting into Lee Child and I have grown to have a bit of a man-crush on Jack Reacher. Can see myself getting through alot of Lee Child's 'Jack Reacher' books.

Read the book after these recomendations, and was pleasantly surprised.

Certainly draws you in.

Just started the follow up.

Also good to note, that HBO has piloted a high budget mini series on the first book, with a bloody good cast.

My recomendation for any Australian.

A Fortunate Life - A.B Facey

Brilliant

Worth quoting because it is 100% true. Havent read it in years, forget most of what happened in it, but just remember the feeling I had while and after I read it.

A must read!

Towers of Midnight by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson.

I'll avoid spoilers, and only about a quarter through so far, but it's strange to 'hear' two characters talk about a year together and realise it's 15 odd years in the 'real world'. I feel old thinking how many on BF weren't even Born when I started reading The Wheel of Time :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice. Auster's a gem.
Got through City of Glass already. I liked it, thought not entirely sure on my ACTUAL thoughts as of yet. I love the way the mystery and existentialism is hidden within a detective story, though writing himself into the story was a bit wanky I thought on initial reaction. Might enjoy Ghosts and The Locked Room a bit more, but I'm definitely on the look out for any of his other books.

The Winner Stands Alone by Coelho

I bought that a few months ago, along with 3-4 of his other most recent books, and haven't yet got around to reading them yet. TWSA looks like a good one though.

Am in between reads at the moment, uni texts aside. Have got a sh1tload of novels on standby though for once uni finishes on Friday. Over the past few months I've bought, and have promised myself I would read, a stack of classical books/texts in the area I am studying (psych), but the problem is I also have a mountain of other classics that I have yet to read and are looking pretty tempting. Too many books, not enough time. Might take a break from the psych texts first up and have a crack at Crime & Punishment, which I've been putting off for years.

I bought that a few months ago, along with 3-4 of his other most recent books, and haven't yet got around to reading them yet. TWSA looks like a good one though.

Am in between reads at the moment, uni texts aside. Have got a sh1tload of novels on standby though for once uni finishes on Friday. Over the past few months I've bought, and have promised myself I would read, a stack of classical books/texts in the area I am studying (psych), but the problem is I also have a mountain of other classics that I have yet to read and are looking pretty tempting. Too many books, not enough time. Might take a break from the psych texts first up and have a crack at Crime & Punishment, which I've been putting off for years.

Not going to give it away...but I thought it was a bit different compared to the other books of his I've read.

Surface Reality - Ian M Banks
The new culture novels only about 150 pages in but good so far, seems to be a bit more linear than the last one.

Remove this Banner Ad

The 2nd "What are you reading now" thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back