Certified Legendary Thread The absolute brilliance that is the C9 commentary team. CC: Brad McNamara

Remove this Banner Ad

Brayshaw, Healy and Slater are the ones who really bug me, in that order. For me they epitomise the decline of real cricket and the rise of the vacuous, blokey, stupid boy's club nickname bullshit of the T20 era.

I despise the way cricket commentary in Australia has devolved from treating the game and its fans with respect to assuming we're all vapid nationalistic morons who want to be yelled at like we're watching a rugby league brawl break out.

It's at the stage now where I much prefer listening to commentators in neutral games overseas - they still treat the game with a quiet dignity reminiscent of the dulcet tones of Benaud and co from my childhood.

Yes, it's very much "entertainment" in the 21st century isn't it? All noise, no substance.

Yes slats and heals we know that was. Phil Hughes will be right at the forefront of the guys minds all summer, and indeed for a lot longer. By telling us that you are not actually adding anything to what we are seeing. And what does Richie say about doing that?
We've had a fifty, and a 63, and so far they haven't disappointed. Just STFU guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So far I've heard Healy yell out "Free Hit" when a no ball was bowled and said that an Indian bowler got 19 wickets in the Ashes this year??

Been hearing it everywhere but have heard it a fair few times this morning. The old it's what Phillip would have wanted. Brett Lee and Slats have banged it out a couple of times already. It's fascinating but Phillip always seems to have wanted whatever that particular person is saying. What are the odds

actually, phil wouldnt have wanted the big scores from players in the XI. he wouldve wanted to be PLAYING!

when rogers went out did they trot that line out as well?

after passing, he/she/it is always everyones best mate/gentle soul/top person/never hurt a fly. its the way people are. the longer person is gone the more universally loved they become.

actually, phil wouldnt have wanted the big scores from players in the XI. he wouldve wanted to be PLAYING!

when rogers went out did they trot that line out as well?

after passing, he/she/it is always everyones best mate/gentle soul/top person/never hurt a fly. its the way people are. the longer person is gone the more universally loved they become.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread The absolute brilliance that is the C9 commentary team. CC: Brad McNamara

Remove this Banner Ad

Back