Certified Legendary Thread The absolute brilliance that is the C9 commentary team. CC: Brad McNamara

Remove this Banner Ad

Too funny... Sherb sent me this link from an article written last year in the test match thread, as Johnny Watkin came up in conversation. I was just about to close a tab in my browser then noticed this paragraph.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/pssst-20130112-2cmy3.html

WHAT THEY SHOULD DO ...

... is limit the word count of Channel Nine's commentary team. Television is a visual medium. Test cricket is gripping on its own. It does not need to be called like a horse race. The viewing experience is certainly enhanced by the spare elegance of [Richie] Benaud and the excellent Mark Nicholas. But why the tolerance for pubescent s******ing over the size and weight of retired players, debate over stats from yesteryear, and stating what we can all see, over after over? Less is often more, gentlemen. - CHRISTOPHER VOGT, via email

I ****ing hate James Brayshaw. I mean, I ****ing hate all of them, but all of them have been around for years, you get used to the hate…adding James Brayshaw to the team over the last couple years has been like taking a piece of shit, and then doing another shit on top of that shit, like a double scoop shit ice cream. Adding James Brayshaw is like taking a sloppy shit, going to wipe your arse and accidentally putting your finger through the toilet paper and ending up with shit on your finger. James Brayshaw is like leaving a dump on someone's porch, going to set it alight, but somehow accidentally blowing the shit up and getting a faceful of ****ing shit.

I ******* hate James Brayshaw. I mean, I ******* hate all of them, but all of them have been around for years, you get used to the hate…adding James Brayshaw to the team over the last couple years has been like taking a piece of shit, and then doing another shit on top of that shit, like a double scoop shit ice cream. Adding James Brayshaw is like taking a sloppy shit, going to wipe your arse and accidentally putting your finger through the toilet paper and ending up with shit on your finger. James Brayshaw is like leaving a dump on someone's porch, going to set it alight, but somehow accidentally blowing the shit up and getting a faceful of ******* shit.

Too funny... Sherb sent me this link from an article written last year in the test match thread, as Johnny Watkin came up in conversation. I was just about to close a tab in my browser then noticed this paragraph.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/pssst-20130112-2cmy3.html

WHAT THEY SHOULD DO ...

... is limit the word count of Channel Nine's commentary team. Television is a visual medium. Test cricket is gripping on its own. It does not need to be called like a horse race. The viewing experience is certainly enhanced by the spare elegance of [Richie] Benaud and the excellent Mark Nicholas. But why the tolerance for pubescent s******ing over the size and weight of retired players, debate over stats from yesteryear, and stating what we can all see, over after over? Less is often more, gentlemen. - CHRISTOPHER VOGT, via email
That could be me - well, except for the love for Nicholas - but it isn't. :)

I ******* hate James Brayshaw. I mean, I ******* hate all of them, but all of them have been around for years, you get used to the hate…adding James Brayshaw to the team over the last couple years has been like taking a piece of shit, and then doing another shit on top of that shit, like a double scoop shit ice cream. Adding James Brayshaw is like taking a sloppy shit, going to wipe your arse and accidentally putting your finger through the toilet paper and ending up with shit on your finger. James Brayshaw is like leaving a dump on someone's porch, going to set it alight, but somehow accidentally blowing the shit up and getting a faceful of ******* shit.
Other than that, no problems with James?

if not appropriate please let me know and if there's enough support, a thread on the summer of cricket on the radio (ABC, 3AW fairfax) shall be created.

as mentioned here and on another thread trent copeland has got himself a gig on the abc. curious to hear more of him, particularly given that cricketers arent heard as much on radio as footy players. been quite good really. something new to the table is brought that is refreshing as a cool change in january.

this comment about pat cummins debut did bring me lols today: "made smith and kallis look like they weren't even there"

:confused:

Ha, ha, I heard that too in the small amount of cricket I was able to tune into today. I don't mind Copeland. What I do like about the ABC radio commentary is they go to the effort to get commentators from the opposition country and they use local commentators as well depending on what state they are are in. My only problem with the latter is that in SA this means Peter Walsh who is an absolute idiot! Not sure about the special comments from Catherine McGregor either, don't think they add anything really.

Have pretty much boycotted the channel 9 commentary, tend to have the radio on with the TV on mute.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are they going to say if India give Australia the same when they go in to bat ?

I also see that they have swept the poor performance against Pakistan under the carpet too.

when you consider as well their struggles with the laws of the game, it's not hard to imagine that they simply didn't follow that particular tour. they don't exactly strike me as rigorous students of the game.

Dammit, I was just in the middle of posting "Faf's was ok by me because technically it's classic catches, not classic dismissals" only for Nicholas to beat me to the punch.

At least Healy or Brayshaw didn't say what I was thinking, that would have scared me.

it's classic catches, not classic fielding.

He caught it didn't he?

Doubt it will win anyway because enough people won't want to vote for it out of principle. That's assuming people actually vote for these? Probably the same three people who sit on Fango during the footy season.

He caught it didn't he?

Doubt it will win anyway because enough people won't want to vote for it out of principle. That's assuming people actually vote for these? Probably the same three people who sit on Fango during the footy season.

Show me on the scorecard where he caught it. If it doesn't appear there, it's just a piece of fielding. You can take a smart catch off someone's shoulder and no one cares. Unless the umpire is a s00z and gives it out, I guess.

To me it's a bit like still appreciating a beautiful cover drive even if a fielder dives and cuts it off.

As long as they don't try and include it in a list of greatest fours ever hit, there's no problem there either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread The absolute brilliance that is the C9 commentary team. CC: Brad McNamara

Remove this Banner Ad

Back