Star Wars The Acolyte

Remove this Banner Ad

Because i'm talking about how dull the Acolyte is. This thread doesn't have to only be positive!
No one said it had to be. But you're talking about other shows. Just move on.

Just watched episode 5 and while the few 3 were rather meh number 5 was very good. Its not a slow burn show and is getting to the point with some good action points.

I still hope there is more to story for the sith as it seems a bit of just because I can from that reveal. But overall I liked it. I am not getting to caught up on the Star Wars lore stuff so not sure if that is ruined etc.

The reveal I think most people knew before the mask comes off so glad they didn't try to draw it out.

For me personally it's probably trending downward a bit. As I said in a post earlier, I thought the two twins, one loves the Jedi, one hates them angle was interesting and I didn't like they went with a sith pulling the strings which felt like a bit of a cop out. This episode feels like it's leaning more into it which disappoints me. That being said we've still got the meat and potatoes of the "are the Jedi good or did their pursuit of being good lead them to do something bad" story to tell which I also think will be interesting if handled well. So we've got 3 episodes for it to stick the landing.

Yeh much better episode overall.

The usually slow show ramped it up really well. The action for the most part was really well directed and choreographed.

Like the fact they didn't play it safe with who makes it out of the jungle.

The writing was better also, with exception of the Osha/Mae discussion. That was painfully shit.

3 more episodes left. I just hope they don't try and set something up for another season and actually give us a conclusion. Strange to think I've gone from pure apathy to somewhat interested in what happens next.

Solid 8/10 episode.

Much better episode. Noticeably shorter run times this week and last, wonder what the remaining episodes will be like.

Can only chuckle that there was (seemingly serious) discussion in this thread that the main baddie is the twins’ mother, gold. The long awaited reunion between Mae and Osha I felt was undercooked, that should’ve much better.

Sol stopping short of killing Qmir after he’d just butchered a number of Jedi was an odd, however leans into the cultish/rigid side of the Jedi protocols. He had him on toast. I liked the padawan character, Jecki. She put up a much better fight than some of her colleagues.

Interesting that he actually uttered the word Sith. Sol likely won’t survive much longer to tell anyone about that though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The usual shite. If Qimir wants some kind of vengeance on the Jedi why didn't he take them by surprise in episode 2 at the drugstore. Qimir can fly and force push so why is he engaging in hand combat? But let's spend 5 minutes with the villain telling you what he's going to do rather than doing it. A bunch of characters die that you never got to know or cared about.

Just watched it....

The Sith killed pretty much everyone, hellz yeah.

The switcharoo at the end between Mae and Osha should be interesting next episode. Sol obviously not powerful enough to tell the difference, but the Sith was.

As Glenferry said above, for the Sith to be unknown again Sol must die, and probably Mae and Osha too.

Yeh much better episode overall.

The usually slow show ramped it up really well. The action for the most part was really well directed and choreographed.

Like the fact they didn't play it safe with who makes it out of the jungle.

The writing was better also, with exception of the Osha/Mae discussion. That was painfully shit.

3 more episodes left. I just hope they don't try and set something up for another season and actually give us a conclusion. Strange to think I've gone from pure apathy to somewhat interested in what happens next.

Solid 8/10 episode.
It will be set up for a second season.

The usual shite. If Qimir wants some kind of vengeance on the Jedi why didn't he take them by surprise in episode 2 at the drugstore. Qimir can fly and force push so why is he engaging in hand combat? But let's spend 5 minutes with the villain telling you what he's going to do rather than doing it. A bunch of characters die that you never got to know or cared about.
****ing hell.

Much better episode. Noticeably shorter run times this week and last, wonder what the remaining episodes will be like.

Can only chuckle that there was (seemingly serious) discussion in this thread that the main baddie is the twins’ mother, gold. The long awaited reunion between Mae and Osha I felt was undercooked, that should’ve much better.

Sol stopping short of killing Qmir after he’d just butchered a number of Jedi was an odd, however leans into the cultish/rigid side of the Jedi protocols. He had him on toast. I liked the padawan character, Jecki. She put up a much better fight than some of her colleagues.

Interesting that he actually uttered the word Sith. Sol likely won’t survive much longer to tell anyone about that though.
Yeah interesting with so many dead how the Jedi don't investigate further.

Personally didn't like the ep, but considering the amount of off topic negative content lately, don't really want to add to it.

Fight scenes were well choreographed though. Good to see hand to hand combat in Star Wars IMO.

Yeah interesting with so many dead how the Jedi don't investigate further.

Whilst I don’t have high expectations that they’ll explain this sufficiently, I am intrigued to know how this is received by the Jedi order. It’s not exactly an event that can get swept under the rug, a notable amount of Jedi killed by mystery forces. Surely this is high council worthy (Yoda presumably is on the council at this point in the timeline). Keen to find out more on this.

Whilst I don’t have high expectations that they’ll explain this sufficiently, I am intrigued to know how this is received by the Jedi order. It’s not exactly an event that can get swept under the rug, a notable amount of Jedi killed by mystery forces. Surely this is high council worthy (Yoda presumably is on the council at this point in the timeline). Keen to find out more on this.

I suppose when you consider the broader story plenty of Jedi were killed during the conflict with the Nihil so at a stretch they could handwave it as something linked to that.

On your second para. To be fair - when the dreadlocks guy said Smilo Ren got in your head Osha said her Mum could do that

Maybe her Mum is the big bad and Smilo is her Acolyte?

This show cannot get the basics right. At a surface level the episode was good. Loved to see some lightsaber conflict etc etc. But it's just so shit.

Maeve goes from wanting to hand herself in last episode to immediately trying to kill the Padawan trying to take her in. I'm reminded of the scene from The Office. " Snip snap snip snap - do you know the physical pain that many vasectomies inflicts on a person. " she then proceeded to be fully evil for the entire rest of the episode. No hesitation to help in the fight. No efforts to save her sister until she was stunned. Awful Flip flopping motivations.

The transition between set pieces is atrocious. We have Osha getting a eureka moment and leading the bugs to the fight.. only for the parties to talk / fight for about 3 minutes then Osha with a weird look of revelation on her face be like "oh yeah I brought these bugs here". What the **** was that. It makes no sense.

The discussion with Maeve and Osha was awful. Dialogue completely flat. Osha is so dull and Maeve is so deluded.

That was a truly awful episode. One of the worst of the season propped up by some exciting pew pew.

Remove this Banner Ad

Star Wars The Acolyte

Remove this Banner Ad

Back