Star Wars The Acolyte

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m just spitballing really. After listening to some other dumb theories online I decided to come up with my own dumb theory.

So I’ve been thinking about the Knights of Ren angle. Also, knowing that Lucasfilm have acknowledged they’re keen to tell more stories, particularly around Kylo Ren.

I’m wondering whether Qimir is somehow linked to Kylo, perhaps somehow through the World Between Worlds introduced in Rebels.

I’m basing this on absolutely nothing except that Kylo Ren’s theme has been used several times now in the series, most noticeably in the final moments of the last episode. Also, Qimir’s fighting style seems very similar to Kylo. Lastly, Kylo disappears in TRoS but we never see his force ghost.

So, to put it all together - is it conceivable that the “Essence” of Kylo Ren has somehow used a portal, such as the World Between Worlds, or similar, to go back 200 odd years and become Qimir? (Or vice versa).

Is it conceivable?

I’m just spitballing really. After listening to some other dumb theories online I decided to come up with my own dumb theory.

So I’ve been thinking about the Knights of Ren angle. Also, knowing that Lucasfilm have acknowledged they’re keen to tell more stories, particularly around Kylo Ren.

I’m wondering whether Qimir is somehow linked to Kylo, perhaps somehow through the World Between Worlds introduced in Rebels.

I’m basing this on absolutely nothing except that Kylo Ren’s theme has been used several times now in the series, most noticeably in the final moments of the last episode. Also, Qimir’s fighting style seems very similar to Kylo. Lastly, Kylo disappears in TRoS but we never see his force ghost.

So, to put it all together - is it conceivable that the “Essence” of Kylo Ren has somehow used a portal, such as the World Between Worlds, or similar, to go back 200 odd years and become Qimir? (Or vice versa).

Is it conceivable?
That's quite a theory. It would be a hell of a twist that's for sure. I do think they're gearing up to use the World Between Worlds to bring back some "dead" characters, but I'm not sure it'll be here. However I don't think it's all that out there to suggest we might be seeing more of the Knights of Ren here.

If you'll endure my own fan fiction rambling:

I was reading last night about what the main differences established between the Knights of Ren and the Sith are in the various comics and whatever. Some things that jumped out at me are while the Sith have the rule of two, there seem to be plenty of Knights around at a time. The Knights recruit members that embrace the dark side, but they aren't necessarily the strongest dark side users around. Some are force / lightsaber users, but others just seem to be various things and criminals. They serve the dark side which they call the shadow, and they have to sacrifice someone to the shadow to join the Knights. They also all seem to conceal their identity and wear helmets.

What's interesting about that is that Darth Chomp fits the bill with all of that.

I wonder if the idea is to establish that the Knights of Ren are a big gang of mysterious people drawn to the dark side who have always existed in the Star Wars universe. There are then Sith, who are exceptionally strong dark side force users, but there's only ever the Master and the Apprentice. A Sith apprentice might even start as a Knight of Ren before the Sith Master recruits them. The Sith are in hiding for millennia, but the Knights are always there.

You could have it that Qimir has been recruited from the Knights by a secret Sith Master, and is about to become the first Sith to come out of hiding. But the Jedi Council (and notably Ki-Adi Mundi) just believe they are "lowly" Knights of Ren, not a real threat, hence letting them be and allowing the line of succession that eventually leads to Palpatine. In this way you could have the events of this series not contradict anything in Phantom Menace and add more to the idea of the Jedi being so arrogant that they didn't see the threat right before their eyes.

Could be an interesting way to take it if they're going to learn heavily into Star Wars lore anyway.

Yes agreed. With as many liberties Disney has taken with the force and its powers etc, I for one prefer to leave concepts like time travel out of live action Star Wars.

World between worlds was fine in Rebels and it was largely self contained in Ahsoka. Once we start having people go back or forward in time and using it as that kind of trope, I’m not a fan of that idea.

Speaking of Asoka, I watched it for the first time over the weekend. For whatever reason I didn't get around to watching it on release (it was getting bad reviews and I hadn't watched Rebels) but thought **** it i'll give it a go. Wow... it makes the Acolyte look like a Youtube fan series. Way better, man the Acolyte...

Speaking of Asoka, I watched it for the first time over the weekend. For whatever reason I didn't get around to watching it on release (it was getting bad reviews and I hadn't watched Rebels) but thought **** it i'll give it a go. Wow... it makes the Acolyte look like a Youtube fan series. Way better, man the Acolyte...

Lol not sure if srs.

Yes agreed. With as many liberties Disney has taken with the force and its powers etc, I for one prefer to leave concepts like time travel out of live action Star Wars.

World between worlds was fine in Rebels and it was largely self contained in Ahsoka. Once we start having people go back or forward in time and using it as that kind of trope, I’m not a fan of that idea.
Why has everyone decided that the multiverse (type thing) is the way to go? I absolutely hate it. The stakes don't ever seem to really matter anymore.

I actually preferred Asoka to this so far. Will see how the season finishes.

The only way that can be the case is because Ahsoka was so bland and so little happened that it was inoffensive compared to a show that was fresh and tried things you didn't like. Which is fair enough if that's the case, each to their own, but I don't see how anyone can think Ahsoka is good in its own right, only compared to other shows. Kinda like how people would say Solo is better than TLJ rather than Solo is a great movie.

The only way that can be the case is because Ahsoka was so bland and so little happened that it was inoffensive compared to a show that was fresh and tried things you didn't like. Which is fair enough if that's the case, each to their own, but I don't see how anyone can think Ahsoka is good in its own right, only compared to other shows. Kinda like how people would say Solo is better than TLJ rather than Solo is a great movie.
Maybe it hits different watching it in the course of two-three days rather than weekly episodes.

That's incredibly presumptuous.

It could just be that I found it more entertaining than you? I enjoyed watching Thrawn, Ahsoka is a bit of a fave of mine from the Clone Wars.

The Acolyte currently doesn't have a character I find particularly enjoyable or interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe it hits different watching it in the course of two-three days rather than weekly episodes.

Quite possibly. Watching week to week accentuated how little happened until the last 2 eps where they decided to cram everything in.

It could just be that I found it more entertaining than you? I enjoyed watching Thrawn, Ahsoka is a bit of a fave of mine from the Clone Wars.

The Acolyte currently doesn't have a character I find particularly enjoyable or interesting.

I love that you bolded what you did and not the very next sentence where I said exactly that. :tearsofjoy:

How did you enjoy watching Thrawn when he didn't do anything? Ahsoka also didn't do anything other than stand and chat to Anakin for 3 eps with some fan service flashbacks.

You don't find Qimir an interesting character? Again, each to their own but I find that staggering.

The Acolytes protagonist is a young women with the attitude and goals of a teenager who basically just wants everyone to leave her alone so she can go back to her room. Bizarre. Sabine Wren is annoying but at least in a way that drives the narrative forward, making errors and being selfish that ultimate leads to exciting and interesting story points.

Osha: "i've told you where my sister is, i'm going back to being a mech-nic and wallowing in self pity".

The Acolytes protagonist is a young women with the attitude and goals of a teenager who basically just wants everyone to leave her alone so she can go back to her room. Bizarre. Sabine Wren is annoying but at least in a way that drives the narrative forward, making errors and being selfish that ultimate leads to exciting and interesting story points.

Osha: "i've told you where my sister is, i'm going back to being a mech-nic and wallowing in self pity".

But you say this as if we've seen the entire season of The Acolyte..

And in the same way, Osha and Mae are driving the plot forward in this show. Mae's quest to kill Jedi is literally the crux of the plot and is dictating the actions of the other characters.

I love that you bolded what you did and not the very next sentence where I said exactly that. :tearsofjoy:

How did you enjoy watching Thrawn when he didn't do anything? Ahsoka also didn't do anything other than stand and chat to Anakin for 3 eps with some fan service flashbacks.

You don't find Qimir an interesting character? Again, each to their own but I find that staggering.
That's not what you said at all. You said the only way anyone could enjoy it was it being so bland and inoffensive and then your next sentence said "which is fair enough". That's obviously not why I enjoyed it.

Obviously just my opinion but I think Thrawn absolutely owned every scene he was in. He was menacing without needing to do anything. Obviously I'd love for that to be built on but for the first season, I thought it was fantastically done.

No, not overly. Just another sith with a mysterious background. I'm holding judgement on that until the end of the season though. He's clearly the biggest selling point in this show so far.

That's not what you said at all. You said the only way anyone could enjoy it was it being so bland and inoffensive and then your next sentence said "which is fair enough". That's obviously not why I enjoyed it.

Obviously just my opinion but I think Thrawn absolutely owned every scene he was in. He was menacing without needing to do anything. Obviously I'd love for that to be built on but for the first season, I thought it was fantastically done.

No, not overly. Just another sith with a mysterious background. I'm holding judgement on that until the end of the season though. He's clearly the biggest selling point in this show so far.

Well just going by the fact you didn't like Andor either, perhaps I did presume you like by the numbers Star Wars not something that tries something fresh. ;) Ahsoka, like all of Filoni's series, rely on nostalgia pr0n to make people forget that he doesn't really make particularly deep or interesting TV.

"Just another Sith" lol ok, until the last episode we didn't even know he was a Sith. His interactions with Mae when creating the poison and then with Osha "You look just like her" were brilliant scenes, and a lot more menacing and interesting than Thrawn standing at a table talking about not doing anything to stop Ezra. But again, each to their own.

Well just going by the fact you didn't like Andor either, perhaps I did presume you like by the numbers Star Wars not something that tries something fresh. ;) Ahsoka, like all of Filoni's series, rely on nostalgia pr0n to make people forget that he doesn't really make particularly deep or interesting TV.

"Just another Sith" lol ok, until the last episode we didn't even know he was a Sith. His interactions with Mae when creating the poison and then with Osha "You look just like her" were brilliant scenes, and a lot more menacing and interesting than Thrawn standing at a table talking about not doing anything to stop Ezra. But again, each to their own.
I've said I'll give Andor another go, I suspect I'll find it better when being able to binge rather than watching one a week.

I mean, everyone saw that twist coming. Sure it was only confirmed by the show last week but anyone with half a brain had figured that out the week prior.

I've said I'll give Andor another go, I suspect I'll find it better when being able to binge rather than watching one a week.

I mean, everyone saw that twist coming. Sure it was only confirmed by the show last week but anyone with half a brain had figured that out the week prior.

Half the people in this thread were saying that Osha and Mae's mother was the Sith, but my point was more the fact he's presented as a rich character before even adding in the layer of Sith. So I'm not sure how he's 'just another Sith' (which by the way is an odd comment in itself since there's maybe 4? Sith in all of Star Wars material)

But you say this as if we've seen the entire season of The Acolyte..

And in the same way, Osha and Mae are driving the plot forward in this show. Mae's quest to kill Jedi is literally the crux of the plot and is dictating the actions of the other characters.
But she's not the protagonist of the show?

Is it conceivable?
Maybe he's Jensaarai?

Mae, at most she is a secondary protagonist/antagonist.

The person who the show is based around, who we confuse to be the assassin in the early episode, who we see working her day job on the freighter, who is the outside brought into the world of the jedi, who we see her perspective in the flashback episode, the protagonist of the show, is a dull, angsty teen with no goal, no characterization, no skills and nothing interesting about her.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back