Star Wars The Acolyte

Remove this Banner Ad

I spoke to a guy at work and he liked it.
Thats fine. Obviously many different people are going to like or dislike stuff. Thats fair. Personal preferences/tastes/perceptions.

Just sharing that Mr Thor Skywalker (who I think is a pretty reasonable and objective SW vlogger) didnt like it. He has made many good points thruout the season.

My personal opinion isnt too far off from Mr Thor.S

Wow.... I thought it couldn't get any worse. And then they drop that finale. Holy **** that was garbage.

• they introduce a future premonition/it's not fixed story line in the space of 40 seconds, why isn't it fixed? Has Osha contemplated the ruminations of the future and how it intersects the force in much detail up to this point?
  • why dos Sol keep running at things like he has no force powers, he's supposed to be a Jedi Master isn't he?
  • disney sure do love a space chase through the rings of a planet. Twice in two series now
  • why did the beaver sabotage the ship?
  • God that whiny Jedi is awful
  • Yay we've attached Plaguis to this tripe.
  • Did Sol scale the wall up that thing again?
  • Are we just going to ignore rhe fact she effectively killed that droid and revived it as her slave?
  • the problem with Disney lightsabers is they kind of look good from afar but if you pay close attention they're just hitting the other lightsaber or missing on purpose. None of the strikes are ever actually practical and there is no real sword play. It just looks so fake. Sol and Qmir are bashing away at each other's sabers like a couple of kids playing with sticks.
  • no proof that she was created without Mae, why? Crazy high midiclorian counts and your scans of both of them not enough proof?
  • I don't think that's how kyber crystals work. They don't just turn in the saber... or else Anakins would have turned when he fought Obi Wan or earlier.
  • apparently a 5k perimeter means a search party? Why do they say things that they don't do, it's not like the script is out of thier control they know what is happening?
  • AJAB, all jedi are bustards
  • wtf... does this memory wipe plot make any sense?! Why would Mae agree to that?
  • I despise this character, they've made Mae unliveable and evil the whole season, why do they think this is an emotional crescendo? Because Sol killed a clearly evil dark site shadow monster?
  • "one flawed MAN!" (AMAB)
  • Amazing, we got zero resolution to anything slightly interesting in this story! Good job Lesly Headland. I hope you get a second season.

Last edited:
Thats fine. Obviously many different people are going to like or dislike stuff. Thats fair. Personal preferences/tastes/perceptions.

Just sharing that Mr Thor Skywalker (who I think is a pretty reasonable and objective SW vlogger) didnt like it. He has made many good points thruout the season.

My personal opinion isnt too far off from Mr Thor.S
I just don’t get the relevance of some random’s opinion from YouTube.

I’d rather hear your take on the show, which strangely you didn’t give us, in favour of telling us what someone else thought.

Wow.... I thought it couldn't get any worse. And then they drop that finale. Holy **** that was garbage.

• they introduce a future premonition/it's not fixed story line in the space of 40 seconds, why isn't it fixed? Has Osha contemplated the ruminations of the future and how it intersects the force in much detail up to this point?
  • why dos Sol keep running at things like he has no force powers, he's supposed to be a Jedi Master isn't he?
  • disney sure do love a space chase through the rings of a planet. Twice in two series now
  • why did the beaver sabotage the ship?
  • God that whiny Jedi is awful
  • Yay we've attached Plaguis to this tripe.
  • Did Sol scale the wall up that thing again?
  • Are we just going to ignore rhe fact she effectively killed that droid and revived it as her slave?
  • the problem with Disney lightsabers is they kind of look good from afar but if you pay close attention they're just hitting the other lightsaber or missing on purpose. None of the strikes are ever actually practical and there is no real sword play. It just looks so fake. Sol and Qmir are bashing away at each other's sabers like a couple of kids playing with sticks.
  • no proof that she was created without Mae, why? Crazy high midiclorian counts and your scans of both of them not enough proof?
  • I don't think that's how kyber crystals work. They don't just turn in the saber... or else Anakins would have turned when he fought Obi Wan or earlier.
  • apparently a 5k perimeter means a search party? Why do they say things that they don't do, it's not like the script is out of thier control they know what is happening?
  • AJAB, all jedi are bustards
  • wtf... does this memory wipe plot make any sense?! Why would Mae agree to that?
  • I despise this character, they've made Mae unliveable and evil the whole season, why do they think this is an emotional crescendo? Because Sol killed a clearly evil dark site shadow monster?
  • "one flawed MAN!" (AMAB)
  • Amazing, we got zero resolution to anything slightly interesting in this story! Good job Lesly Headland. I hope you get a second season.
Hey, you missed Hell being canon now.

Hit and miss for me.

Some of the character decisions do not make sense. Mae and Osha finally reunite and reconnect. Then seconds later she agrees to have her memory wiped and they part ways. Baffling.

To not even have a scene between Venestra and Qmir was odd.

Plageuis cameo was great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d rather hear your take on the show, which strangely you didn’t give us
Fair enough. I've given my thoughts on the show and each episode thruout this thread.

But in case you missed them....the show is pretty bad. Writing especially. The way they structured the story was stupid. Should've been linear, chronological, and that would've created more investment in the characters' journeys and actually made it more intriguing, there would've been a mystery to solve.

The only thing I really enjoyed was the cinematography and shot compositions thruout the show. Very nice.

Other than that...the standout moments were.....wookie jedi fighting with lightsaber....Qimirs forest slaughter of jedis ...plagueis cameo....

So Sol was apparently desperate to discover the existence of the Vergence and prove Mae and Oshas history... and we discover that 5 minutes before he dies in the last episode of the series despite the fact he's shown NO such indication of that throughout the entire series!
Osha, two blood samples and 4 Jedi witness's not enough evidence for the Jedi Council.

And we still don't know why Qimir was killing the four Jedi. Yes we know he has some vendetta with Greenhead but why does he kill Kelnaca (assuming he did) it can't just be to train Mae or else why would he kill Kelnaca when Mae refused to?
The story/writing so atrocious. Amateur hour

Remove this Banner Ad

Star Wars The Acolyte

Remove this Banner Ad

Back