Star Wars The Acolyte

Remove this Banner Ad

Acolyte is a nightsister rank

Except the show's creator has said they aren't Nightsisters.

The bones of a good show are there, it's just the execution has been left wanting, and like every Disney+ show (MCU and Star Wars) just too much padding.

Was kinda hoping they were angling for the 'double turn' with the girls.

Missed last week so watched the last episodes back to back today. Maybe because it's having a week off and lower expectations but enjoyed them a bit more than the earlier episodes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He literally moans about them ****ing around doing nothing important and they tell him about the vergence.

Torbin: "What's a Vergence?"Indara: "A concentration of Force energy, centered around a location."Sol: "A Vergence could create life, like what we see on this planet. It's a power that should be studied, protected. Nothing could be more important to the Jedi."―The Jedi team studying the planet Brendok discuss their mission.

That's a reasonable piece of dialog. But it would have happened before they set off on the mission not after 7 weeks of fossicking around on the planet. It's typical of the sloppy writing on this show.

Sounds like this particular witch ends up on Dathomir

View attachment 2045513

If Nightsisters weren't directly referenced in this episode I'd say you're onto something about her perhaps being the first Nightsister, but if she ends up joining them later, it doesn't really mean much or counter any of our earlier discussion. It's just a "Dark Side user joins other Dark Side tribe".

This just seems a really weird hill you're dying on lol.

If Nightsisters weren't directly referenced in this episode I'd say you're onto something about her perhaps being the first Nightsister, but if she ends up joining them later, it doesn't really mean much or counter any of our earlier discussion. It's just a "Dark Side user joins other Dark Side tribe".

This just seems a really weird hill you're dying on lol.
She can't found an order that already exists.

This reads pretty well but just don't think it's translated brilliantly on screen.

Man, what the hell is with these sites. Pop ups, floating images, scrolling ads. Does no one go through and give it a once over to check for spelling, grammar, etc. Just the standard MS Word spell checker would pick up half the issues and make it infinitely more readable. I hate that this is where we’re going with entertainment journalism (and journalism in general).

Despite Nerdist’s best efforts though, Headland gives some great insights into the this past episode and the season as a whole. As you say though, there is some issues translating her pretty interesting ideas and exploration onto screen. Especially with a seemingly mandated runtime of less than 40 mins per episode.

I think part of the disconnect for me has been around the coven and their “magic”. Headland talks about Talzin and the Nightsisters in TCW being something she was inspired by, however, for me it was a part of the series I had a very limited interest in. I think that’s translated here into this series where all the plot points about the Jedi and the Sith are, IMO, really compelling, but when it starts delving into magic, and covens, and all that Star Wars woo I begin to get a bit cynical. It’s just a matter of my tastes really. Headland on the other hand loves all that stuff and, understandably, sees it as an opportunity to explore.

The heavier exploration of the witches is also likely a major reason I found the second half of the Ahsoka season pretty meh.

It's funny that people complain that these creators aren't Star Wars fans. This actually confirms to me that issues with the show stem from them being TOO steeped in fandom. There's a lack of exposition at points that you can only infer the consequences if you are a big fan.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Star Wars The Acolyte

Remove this Banner Ad

Back