Star Wars The Acolyte

Remove this Banner Ad

Lesley Headland talking about the decision to include Yoda and mentioning how he "covered up" the creation of the Clone Army and so she wanted to explore more of that aspect of Yoda.... ignoring the critical context of an intergalactic war on that decision but nevertheless.

She ends her paragraph about Yoda saying "at the end of the day it's my show".

And I think that highlights how disgusting and narcissistic the Disney Star Wara creative team are. It's not "your show" Lesley. It's the ****ing fans. You are given the opportunity and, importantly, the responsibility to make a show that is good and aligns with the story of Star Wars. The Star Wars sandbox isn't your plaything, it's a delicate pyramid propped up by the creativity of one man and the support of many others over half a century.

What a disgusting creature.

Lesley Headland talking about the decision to include Yoda and mentioning how he "covered up" the creation of the Clone Army and so she wanted to explore more of that aspect of Yoda.... ignoring the critical context of an intergalactic war on that decision but nevertheless.

She ends her paragraph about Yoda saying "at the end of the day it's my show".

And I think that highlights how disgusting and narcissistic the Disney Star Wara creative team are. It's not "your show" Lesley. It's the ****ing fans. You are given the opportunity and, importantly, the responsibility to make a show that is good and aligns with the story of Star Wars. The Star Wars sandbox isn't your plaything, it's a delicate pyramid propped up by the creativity of one man and the support of many others over half a century.

What a disgusting creature.

Careful there mate. Your own self entitlement and bias is showing.

Yes, very delicate. How many times has Star Wars been declared dead now? 1980? 1983? 1999? 2005? 2008? 2012? 2015? 2017? 2019? 2021? 2022? 2023? 2024?

It’s demonstrably the most resilient media franchise EVER! For the past 25 years plus it has been among the top 5 fandoms worldwide. It currently sits at number 1.

Can I suggest the delicate snowflake is not actually the Star Wars franchise.

Careful there mate. Your own self entitlement and bias is showing.

Yes, very delicate. How many times has Star Wars been declared dead now? 1980? 1983? 1999? 2005? 2008? 2012? 2015? 2017? 2019? 2021? 2022? 2023? 2024?

It’s demonstrably the most resilient media franchise EVER! For the past 25 years plus it has been among the top 5 fandoms worldwide. It currently sits at number 1.

Can I suggest the delicate snowflake is not actually the Star Wars franchise.
I don't think it's entitlement to want good logical story telling. If that isn't the floor we're setting for Star Wars what are we doing.

And for the record Star Wars has only died twice in my estimation. The Last Jedi and The Acolyte.

Finally caught up to the final ep, surprised that even those that have ragged on the show but then thought the last episode was ok.

Didn't understand the dialogue between Osha and Sol about explaining killing the mother, and he repeatedly just said 'trying to do the right thing'. Not the why which would be the natural reaction to such a huge revelation. Osha full of rage when she sees Mae, force chokes may Sol with far less emotion, then without any problem is back with Mae again.

If you want to be risky and attempt to retcon cannon, fine, but don't shoehorn two cameos cheaply for shock value or leverage for another season.

So yeah, character motivations, plot holes took me out of it all completely in the final episode. Was also constantly asking myself what was the purpose of the show in the end?

Jedi are flawed? Lucas got that across in the prequels, and Rian did it again without explaining it.

The show had promise but most of the episodes, especially the final one just felt like a bunch of scenes slapped together with no natural flow.

I've just come around to that Disney essentially is giving free reign to creators with no oversight or form of cohesion when it comes to Marvel and Star Wars. Some stuff will be good and some bad, and won't be to everyone's liking.

But yeah, even with the people involved in this (man we only got 2 mins of David Harewood) could have been a lot better. Writing, dialogue and acting was sketchy in this show and was in full force in the last episode.

Just a very rushed job and the two shoehorned cameos left a bad taste in my mouth also.

For the people that enjoyed it, more power to you - don't wanna shit on those people that get enjoyment out of entertainment.
I've enjoyed some stuff in SW that people in this thread who've liked the show - haven't. Nothing wrong with us disliking or liking different things.

Last edited:
Alrighty then. I just binged it in under a week, avoided all spoilers and controversies, think that might have helped as I could see how individual episodes might have seemed a little underdone.

I had high-ish expectations going in, so my initial reaction after episode 1 was a little bit of disappointment. The characters were good without being great, the mystery was ok but didn’t grip me and the interior shots looked really cheap (exterior shots looked great though). I also had a little bit of an issue with Mae clearly being pretty weak but still killing Indarra.

Episode 2 was an improvement, the mystery got better, enjoyed the Torbin interaction; 3 could have felt like a slowdown but I really enjoyed the origin work, episode 5 was wild, lots of unexpected casualties, some genuine doubt about where each of the main characters would end up, loved episode 7 being a repeat of 3 from a different angle and thought the conclusion was satisfying. Vernestra repeating the same mistakes with good intentions was a nice finish.

Overall, really enjoyed it, best series behind Andor. And I really loved Sol’s character by the end.

And I just did a quick Google search of the some of the ‘controversies’. Christ, if people are serious about some of these quibbles, get help.

Last edited:
Why is it ridiculous to have her decked into a pipe? It’s exactly what happens to Luke at the end of The Empire Strikes Back.

That's one of the silliest scenes in all of Star Wars but The Acolyte managed to trump it. At least we see what happened to Luke and it's explained. He gets sucked into a vent, initially descends vertically, then he gets a soft landing as the vent curves to horizontal like a playground slide.

The vent in The Acolyte is at right angles to a sheer cliff face. There's no attempt to explain how Mae survived that huge drop and being sucked into a narrow pipe. But it's typical of the show. For every episode you could probably point out 10 stupid things like this. Just on episode 8

Sol wants to shoot Mae's ship - because reasons.
The beaver disables Sol's ship - because reasons.
Sol can detect Mae from a distance but not nearby.
Sol previously had to climb a giant wall to get into the fortress. Now he knows a back door. But Osha has to hot wire the elevator to get in. Greenhead just waves her fingers to open the door.
Osha attacks Mae - because reasons.
Osha, the failed Padawan, can do a mind strangle on a Jedi Master?
Mae survived a massive drop by being sucked into an air vent?
Mae agrees to have her memories wiped - because reasons.
Yoda was around all this time but not involved?

That's one of the silliest scenes in all of Star Wars but The Acolyte managed to trump it. At least we see what happened to Luke and it's explained. He gets sucked into a vent, initially descends vertically, then he gets a soft landing as the vent curves to horizontal like a playground slide.

The vent in The Acolyte is at right angles to a sheer cliff face. There's no attempt to explain how Mae survived that huge drop and being sucked into a narrow pipe. But it's typical of the show. For every episode you could probably point out 10 stupid things like this. Just on episode 8

Sol wants to shoot Mae's ship - because reasons.
The beaver disables Sol's ship - because reasons.
Sol can detect Mae from a distance but not nearby.
Sol previously had to climb a giant wall to get into the fortress. Now he knows a back door. But Osha has to hot wire the elevator to get in. Greenhead just waves her fingers to open the door.
Osha attacks Mae - because reasons.
Osha, the failed Padawan, can do a mind strangle on a Jedi Master?
Mae survived a massive drop by being sucked into an air vent?
Mae agrees to have her memories wiped - because reasons.
Yoda was around all this time but not involved?
Why would yoda be involved? Up to that point no one had spoken to the high council.

Junior Jedi Knights I think it's called.
Okay, thank you.

You didn't engage in discussion on that show because you never watched.

People are engaging in discussion on this show because they watched it and disliked it.

Directing people to not engage in discussion on something they don't like maybe seems logical in isolation (implied free speech aside) but when it occurs as a part of a large IP it is not. What happens in this affects every other Star Wars story.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or … and hear me out here … just don’t watch it if you don’t like it.

Simple!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Okay, I'm going back to the football comparison.

If you don't like the results/coach/umpiring direction/commentators/etc just don't watch this season.

Come back and start again next year.

You can like/love Star Wars and hate the Acolyte. It being produced unfortunately impacts the larger Star Wars IP.

Okay, thank you.

You didn't engage in discussion on that show because you never watched.

People are engaging in discussion on this show because they watched it and disliked it.

Directing people to not engage in discussion on something they don't like maybe seems logical in isolation (implied free speech aside) but when it occurs as a part of a large IP it is not. What happens in this affects every other Star Wars story.
What are you on about?

Okay, I'm going back to the football comparison.

If you don't like the results/coach/umpiring direction/commentators/etc just don't watch this season.

Come back and start again next year.

You can like/love Star Wars and hate the Acolyte. It being produced unfortunately impacts the larger Star Wars IP.
Star wars isn't a football team. ****ing hell.

What are you on about?

That they should stop engaging on this specific show ffs not Star wars as a concept. I made that explicitly clear with my example of the kids show I've never watched.
I'm not dredging through your excessive posting to find whatever the original post was that you reference here.

You are telling people to stop engaging on discussion regarding this specific show.

You say you referenced the Star Wars kids show as an example. The direct inference of this is that you did not watch this show and therefore do not engage in discussion on the Star Wars kids show.

The differences here are:
  • People have watched the Acolyte (therefore, from what you have said, deem them eligible to discuss it)
  • The Acolyte is a major Star Wars story with many lore inconsistencies and changes
Nevermind that what happens in the Acolyte is not isolated from the wider Star Wars universe. It is fair game for discussion and criticism.

Star wars isn't a football team. ****ing hell.
No one has said that Star Wars is a football team, though you have proved your analytical skills are top notch in declaring this.

If you just don't like the discussion in this thread, from your logic you would just stop reading.

There are other threads on Bigfooty after all.

I'm not dredging through your excessive posting to find whatever the original post was that you reference here.

You are telling people to stop engaging on discussion regarding this specific show.

You say you referenced the Star Wars kids show as an example. The direct inference of this is that you did not watch this show and therefore do not engage in discussion on the Star Wars kids show.

The differences here are:
  • People have watched the Acolyte (therefore, from what you have said, deem them eligible to discuss it)
  • The Acolyte is a major Star Wars story with many lore inconsistencies and changes
Nevermind that what happens in the Acolyte is not isolated from the wider Star Wars universe. It is fair game for discussion and criticism.
I watched the first episode of the show. Next.

So now you've watched the first episode? You said yesterday you've never watched it.
I meant I haven't watched the season. I watched five minutes of the first episode and knew it wasn't for me.

Other threads where I can discuss a show I enjoyed? My God you're a boring flog. If you agree it's not a football team stop treating it like one.
I've not said the Acolyte is a football team.

The analogy is for relevance on a football forum.

Here you seem to be able to understand that the Acolyte is not being called a restaurant. It is the same as drawing similarities between a football team/club/league and a show.

1000005237.png

I meant I haven't watched the season. I watched five minutes of the first episode and knew it wasn't for me.
So you never watched it. Then one episode. Then only 5 minutes. Which is it?

Do you understand the difference of any of these being true in comparison to someone watching the entirety of a series?

I've not said the Acolyte is a football team.

The analogy is for relevance on a football forum.

Here you seem to be able to understand that the Acolyte is not being called a restaurant. It is the same as drawing similarities between a football team/club/league and a show.

View attachment 2054969
Yes, a restaurant is also not a football team. Astute of you.

So you never watched it. Then one episode. Then only 5 minutes. Which is it?

Do you understand the difference of any of these being true in comparison to someone watching the entirety of a series?
You understand I'm questioning why people watched the entirety of a series they weren't enjoying?

Remove this Banner Ad

Star Wars The Acolyte

Remove this Banner Ad

Back