The AFL's anti-doping tribunal

Remove this Banner Ad

Because its an AFL tribunal and the AFL is as corrupt as they come

What interest do the AFL have in essentially wiping out a cash cow like Essendon?

What interest does the AFL have in having the result of this completely dominate and distract from the opening week of the season?

Given Peter Gordon's comments - i daresay the players will be let off

Looks like the players may be cleared due to insufficient evidence, heard that from a few places today.

I'm guessing Danks will get done for administering banned drugs to the players, that i'm sure of, and more than just TB4, but pinning which player got what injection, or who didn't get an injection, is going to get the players cleared as that is just too hard. Too me, which I read somewhere, it's why ASADA went for just TB4 as they felt it was the only drug they felt they could possibly pin on individual players (seems not) where as the others they couldn't. We know Danks has admitted to administering the players TB4.

If Danks get done then it's meant players got administered banned drugs so there's a tainting. For Essendon to be completely innocent, for want of a better word, they need Danks to get off too.

Maybe there is a reward for not keeping records.
Dank will get done because he didn't defend himself. It has nothing to do with the guilt or otherwise of players

Dank will get done because he didn't defend himself. It has nothing to do with the guilt or otherwise of players

Work it out, you know he's guilty, he admitted to administering TB4. You know that, don't say you don't. A good reason he's not defending himself. Lance Armstrong didn't defend himself either when USADA handed down it's penalty. You know why, don't pretend otherwise. If players got administered a banned drug, they got a banned drug even if cleared due to insufficient individual evidence to what actual players got needles. If Danks will be done, as he will be, you may be "cleared" but the stain is there.

They will be an appeal either way whoever wins.

Work it out, you know he's guilty, he admitted to administering TB4. You know that, don't say you don't. A good reason he's not defending himself. Lance Armstrong didn't defend himself either when USADA handed down it's penalty. You know why, don't pretend otherwise. If players got administered a banned drug, they got a banned drug even if cleared due to insufficient individual evidence to what actual players got needles. If Danks will be done, as he will be, you may be "cleared" but the stain is there.

They will be an appeal either way whoever wins.
I don't think the players had tb4. There, I said it.

So the post you made before, was to convince yourself that even if Dank does get done the players didn't take TB4?
No, throughout this saga I have been very strong on waiting for the process to complete and the need for anonymity and no leaks during the process.

I won't be crowing on Tuesday if (as I expect) the players are cleared, but I will be if ASADA elects not to appeal, or if they fail in their appeal.

I will judge Dank once he's had an opportunity to defend himself in an arena in which he feels comfortable, I can see his point about the Kangaroo Court.

So the post you made before, was to convince yourself that even if Dank does get done the players didn't take TB4?

Honest question: do we know what charges Dank is under? Is it more than just administering tb4?

You are incorrect.

Presumption of guilt occurs in presence cases (where there is a positive test and I believe also where there is a blood passport related anomoly). This is a non-presence case, where there is no positive test, so presumption of innocence 100% applies.

Unfortunately due to malfeasance on the part of the AFL and certain media bodies the players have already been declared guilty.

Just remember, for every text message that you've read that seems to convey guilt there are probably 50 that convey innocence that weren't ever published.
So why didn't the efc mouth pieces publish them like they published every other thing positive for efc?

Pretty sure it is, i think he got 34 charges. maybe 1 for each player though?

Cool, but are there any more charges than just administering? It would surprise me if there wasn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is all being set up for the players to get off. All the interviews from AFL heavies saying they were ignorant etc, all designed to condition the audience.

Classic PR excercise at the moment. The pictures of poor Jobe, soon we will get an Albert sob piece.

Honest question: do we know what charges Dank is under? Is it more than just administering tb4?

Also attempting to cover up the administration of banned substances to players eg attempted backdating of TB4 to Thymomodulin with Alavi, interesting vial photo etc.

This is all being set up for the players to get off. All the interviews from AFL heavies saying they were ignorant etc, all designed to condition the audience.

Classic PR excercise at the moment. The pictures of poor Jobe, soon we will get an Albert sob piece.

Methinks they underestimate their audience especially if Dank is done for doping.

Methinks they underestimate their audience especially if Dank is done for doping.

I agree but the AFL is an arrogant organisation that has been treating the punters like fools for years but they are playing with fire re this one.

So many people hate Hird and Essendon's attitude/approach to all of this. They can give food away and crowds will fall if they try and pull a shifty on this one. McDevitt will not stay quiet if he feels they have been done over.

I agree but the AFL is an arrogant organisation that has been treating the punters like fools for years but they are playing with fire re this one.

So many people hate Hird and Essendon's attitude/approach to all of this. They can give food away and crowds will fall if they try and pull a shifty on this one. McDevitt will not stay quiet if he feels they have been done over.

I'm in the opinion, that if they get off, I just may never go to a game again, perhaps for a long while.

The statements by the AFL leadership today, to strike a chord, to condition us to feel sorry for the players. It's that obvious. Gill is not a great actor.

It's sickening, that the whispers are all leading to the team getting off, because there was no paperwork, most likely due to being tipped off by the very organisation that is supposed to keep the sport free of inappropriate activity on performance enhancing substances.

AFLHQ stinks. It is rotten.

What makes this worse, is that even if the players get off, the innuendo won't stop. Lack of evidence, is not comparable to not guilty.

I'm in the opinion, that if they get off, I just may never go to a game again, perhaps for a long while.

The statements by the AFL leadership today, to strike a chord, to condition us to feel sorry for the players. It's that obvious. Gill is not a great actor.

It's sickening, that the whispers are all leading to the team getting off, because there was no paperwork, most likely due to being tipped off by the very organisation that is supposed to keep the sport free of inappropriate activity on performance enhancing substances.

AFLHQ stinks. It is rotten.

What makes this worse, is that even if the players get off, the innuendo won't stop. Lack of evidence, is not comparable to not guilty.

Oh pullleeeease

No, it's about doing the right thing. Applying rules with transparency, fairness and integrity.
You shouldn't use the dollar as the determiner of your actions.
I fail to see where a dollar gets a mention from me...or has ever in relation to the saga?
I'm concerned about the mental health of some posters...if they don't get the outcome they want.

In a team environment if the judges are "comfortably satisfied " tb4 was injected but they dont know who surely that would mean all would be punished if enough were given it? You can just randomly inject people keep no records and say well you dont know who got it so we should get off?
Isnt that why this 'new' record keeping rule has come in.

Alos whats stopping people/cubs from writing on the records something slightly different to actually what they are being administered?

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL's anti-doping tribunal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back