The Amazing Race - Series 9 Ch.7 Thursdays @ 9:30

Remove this Banner Ad

Cassius_Clay said:
Pfft... they would have got money easily. They have in the past...

So why did they need to threaten other teams? If they were so confident, they could have got the money themselves without blackmailing the other teams

Bombers_Forever said:
So why did they need to threaten other teams? If they were so confident, they could have got the money themselves without blackmailing the other teams
Threaten other teams with what? C'mon playing little mind games never hurts, especially when everyone is against you.

Was it just me or were the Frat boys a BIG BUNCH OF SOOKS IF IVE EVER SEEN A SOOK????

Whinging and moaning that the Hippie dude had "misled" him, saying he had seen the sign on that 2nd rollercoaster.

Yeah.. at least he didnt go round cancelling other peoples taxis!!!!!

GOD, i wanted to bitch slap that guy!! What a tosser!! :rolleyes:

Bombers_Forever said:
Threaten to yield them.......
Scarey stuff. How dare they do that :eek:

Seriously :rolleyes:

Embers said:
I bet ya any money 7 will create a celebrity Aus version of Amazing race, guarantee it.....

The next family series was supposedly reaaaaaaaallly bad, there were teams of 4 and people were leading by a day at the end, no one watched it. The tasks were stuff like catching eggs and hitting baseballs, hardly good TV

I've said it once, and i'll say it again. Forget a celebrity concept. They should get couples from around the world!!! See which nationality would win the amazing race. Have it so, every couples country, is visited at least once in the race.

O/T I will interested in the ratings for it- it went far too late in my view. 7 would have been smarter to put it on a 8:30 and rest Lost for a week (not that anything is happening)

Bombers_Forever said:
O/T I will interested in the ratings for it- it went far too late in my view. 7 would have been smarter to put it on a 8:30 and rest Lost for a week (not that anything is happening)
Maybe just skip that Lost episode. Bloody that show is doing nothing...

I'll tell ya the bad thing about TAR. Unlike Survivor where anyone can win, you can always pick out 5/6 groups who you know will make top 2/3. The 2 male combinations will always be up there. Oldies will never get close, Mums ditto, Mother/daughter etc. It was obvious that the Frat boys would make final 3 as it was for the Hippies. I predicted R&Y to make top 3 but I rekon others would have gone someone like Monica and Joseph who finished top 4 anyway.

Just a little too predictable IMO.

Shell said:
Was it just me or were the Frat boys a BIG BUNCH OF SOOKS IF IVE EVER SEEN A SOOK????

Whinging and moaning that the Hippie dude had "misled" him, saying he had seen the sign on that 2nd rollercoaster.

Yeah.. at least he didnt go round cancelling other peoples taxis!!!!!

GOD, i wanted to bitch slap that guy!! What a tosser!! :rolleyes:

The Hippies versus Frat Boys thing was apparently played up for the cameras - they've stayed mates according to Wiki.

Monica, on the other hand... :D

Cassius_Clay said:
I'll tell ya the bad thing about TAR. Unlike Survivor where anyone can win, you can always pick out 5/6 groups who you know will make top 2/3. The 2 male combinations will always be up there. Oldies will never get close, Mums ditto, Mother/daughter etc. It was obvious that the Frat boys would make final 3 as it was for the Hippies. I predicted R&Y to make top 3 but I rekon others would have gone someone like Monica and Joseph who finished top 4 anyway.

Just a little too predictable IMO.

I'd rather have a cross-section to be honest. Meredith and Gretchen and the Bowling Mums both proved that any team can make the top four.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CharlieG said:
The Hippies versus Frat Boys thing was apparently played up for the cameras - they've stayed mates according to Wiki.

Monica, on the other hand... :D
Elaborate? Wiki? Mates?

Cassius_Clay said:
....Unlike Survivor where anyone can win, you can always pick out 5/6 groups who you know will make top 2/3......
The bookies beforehand (about 1/3 of the way down the page) agreed:
1. Jeremy and Eric: 11-5
2. Ray and Yolanda: 7-2
3. BJ and Tyler: 4-1
4. Fran and Barry: 5-1
5. John and Scott: 6-1
6. Wanda and Desiree: 6-1
7. Lake and Michelle: 7-1
8. Danielle and Dani: 7-1
9. Joseph and Monica: 8-1
10. David and Lori: 8-1
11. Lisa and Joni: 10-1

Two interesting bits of info:

* Ray proposed to Yolanda on the CBS Early Show on the morning after the season finale. While it was a total shock to her, Yolanda enthusiastically accepted.

* On the Finish Line post show on the official Amazing Race website, Eric announced that he was dating Danielle. He is moving to New York to be closer to her.

Who were the real Frat Boys?
Interestingly enough BJ and Tyler aka 'the Hippies'. Both have impressive Uni qualifications and seemed to have lived the Amazing Race travel lifestyle in real life.
Eric and Jeremy (aka Team Brokeback, as I read in one article) were Uni dropouts by their own admission and as found when reading between the lines of their biographies

Bombers_Forever said:
That is a great link, I've bookmarked it for the future.
It also largely answers my criticism of kicking contestants out of bed in the wee hours to drive 30 min to a place, and then wait 7 hours for it to open. It happens because:
".......Teams depart for the next leg of the race at the time they arrived plus twelve hours. While a team arriving at 12:00 p.m. will depart at 12:00 a.m., the total amount of rest time may be more than twelve hours, in which case the pit stop will be extended by 24 hour increments--such as one day and twelve hours (36 hours).........."
I still think some common sense could be used there but rules is rules.

Addit
Aha! From the same Wikipedia article as above"
".....Criticisms
Despite The Amazing Race's popularity, the show is not without its share of criticism and controversy. Main problems include:
Bunching, where teams are constantly grouped together due to bottlenecks such as chartered flights and pre-planned hours of operation of businesses that the teams must use to complete tasks. While all versions of the Race have suffered such problems, many fans feel that recent seasons (and Season 6 particularly) had more than usual or, perhaps, necessary. Nevertheless, bunching teams also adds to the unending suspense that many feel some of the earlier seasons lacked.......
"

The frat boys were robbed

Those damn hippies finished last on two non-elimination legs, which were obviously set up's by the show, i mean why would they have two non elimination legs in legs 7 and 9

bringbackschwarter5 said:
The frat boys were robbed

Those damn hippies finished last on two non-elimination legs, which were obviously set up's by the show :mad:
Obviously set-ups :rolleyes:

Powerstufff said:
Yeah that got annoying, the multiple times the race stopped while some place was yet to open. Time and again we'd get "1:15 in the morning. Team X was the first to arrive and so are first to leave." Then one after the other teams would take off but they'd arrive at a location that didn't open for hours so everyone bunched up again. It happened a bit too much for me.

that happened every leg, one team would be an hour ahead and then have to camp outside some locked gates waiting for opening time which let the rest of the pack catch up and race was all square again.

i guess they had to do this else one team would get so far ahead that it would be a foregone conclusion and viewers would switch off.

a bit like american nascar racing on those oval tracks, they always bring out the yellow flags to bunch up the field and keep it close.

Fantastic finish. So glad the Hippies one, even moreso because the Frat boys were in with a decent chance of winning too. :p

I can't believe Yolanda accepted Ray's proposal. He seems to be cold and distant if body language throughout the series is anything to go by.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Amazing Race - Series 9 Ch.7 Thursdays @ 9:30

Remove this Banner Ad

Back