The Amazing Race - Series 9 Ch.7 Thursdays @ 9:30

Remove this Banner Ad

If only the Frat boys had all that luck the Hippies had........

Ray and Yolanda did well though. The fact they were lost so much cost them any chance in the end. I don't think many picked them as top 3

Bombers_Forever said:

Ray and Yolanda did well though. The fact they were lost so much cost them any chance in the end. I don't think many picked them as top 3

I know!! Exactly how many times did they have to pull over and ask directions?!? :eek: And tell me HOW exactly do you lose a (very important) ticket in a CAR???? :rolleyes:

As for the hippies, i knew they were in with a shot when the last task involved brains and a good memory. Great, simple task to end the show :thumbsu:

Could anyone out there recall the country order, they had been to??

Shell said:
I know!! Exactly how many times did they have to pull over and ask directions?!? :eek: And tell me HOW exactly do you lose a (very important) ticket in a CAR???? :rolleyes:

As for the hippies, i knew they were in with a shot when the last task involved brains and a good memory. Great, simple task to end the show :thumbsu:

Could anyone out there recall the country order, they had been to??

I was yelling at the TV because of what Eric did with the last 3 flags forgetting where Thailand was. The early ones were hard but geography would help. (and they even got the flags there for them- the only one I did not know was Oman).

Ray and Yolanda were lucky to escape with no fine etc for losing the ticket. They just pulled over so many times, particularly in Alaska.

Bombers_Forever said:
I was yelling at the TV because of what Eric did with the last 3 flags forgetting where Thailand was. The early ones were hard but geography would help. (and they even got the flags there for them- the only one I did not know was Oman).

Ray and Yolanda were lucky to escape with no fine etc for losing the ticket. They just pulled over so many times, particularly in Alaska.

Man i had no idea about the flags :eek:

But i still maintain i have a brain!! :D

PS.And another "oh the planes full/flights closed, we'll see what we can do" in the final ep!! ;)

i missed the last hour, ray and yolanda started the final leg with no money or possessions, did the hippies give them any money to help out??

remember when the hippies were broke and yolanda gave them some money and even pants........which was stupid cos they were racing for $1M.

agitator said:
i missed the last hour, ray and yolanda started the final leg with no money or possessions, did the hippies give them any money to help out??

remember when the hippies were broke and yolanda gave them some money and even pants........which was stupid cos they were racing for $1M.

I know. The Hippies gave them 2000 yen and then they had to stop to get more. The whole blackmail started by the Hippies really turned this series into teams who are two nice- previous series teams would not be helping them. That is why there should be more rules in place for the non-elimination legs. Yes they lose their possessions but get money from other teams. Those other teams basically helped the Hippies win it.

Shell said:
PPS. Anyone know when series 10 will be out?? :eek:

I think it will be shown towards the end of this year or early next year. They are thinking of doing an all-star show with the best teams from the previous seasons, they were starting filming in June. There is still aquestion mark about whether there will be anymore amazing race after number ten.
Apparently the fans turned away in drove's after the family series which did not reach our shores, they did not leave the USA & apparently the tasks were to easy as the teams had four family members in each grouping. Then this season they changed there air time against other shows which were out rating TAR. The only thing in the shows favor is the demographic group of 18-35 year olds was their main audience, which they cannot afford to lose.

Blinger said:
I think it will be shown towards the end of this year or early next year. They are thinking of doing an all-star show with the best teams from the previous seasons, they were starting filming in June. There is still aquestion mark about whether there will be anymore amazing race after number ten.
Apparently the fans turned away in drove's after the family series which did not reach our shores, they did not leave the USA & apparently the tasks were to easy as the teams had four family members in each grouping. Then this season they changed there air time against other shows which were out rating TAR. The only thing in the shows favor is the demographic group of 18-35 year olds was their main audience, which they cannot afford to lose.

From what I heard, because of the competition of the Simpsons on FOX, Extreme Makeover:Home Edition on ABC, Sunday Night Football on NBC, and any runover football with a delayed 60 minutes on CBS, TAR 10 will start after the Super Bowl on CBS, probably in February of 2007. And there WILL be a season 11 after season 10, probably in May or June of 2007.

Good on the Hippies I say, this show for too long has been won by the predictable 'goodie' couples, its good that a 'different' couple won for a change and let's face it although they acted like clowns they gave us something to watch.

By the way when they were in Alaska was anyone else looking out for team Guido from series one? LMAO :D

Punt_Road_Roar said:
Good on the Hippies I say, this show for too long has been won by the predictable 'goodie' couples, its good that a 'different' couple won for a change and let's face it although they acted like clowns they gave us something to watch.

By the way when they were in Alaska was anyone else looking out for team Guido from series one? LMAO :D

:p :D Flashes of Team Guido did come back.......remember they had to stay in that hut and were like a day behind. Ah, that was great to watch

Well done hippies. Bad luck frat boys, great competitors. Great last task with the flags, very clever and appropriate.
What was with the dynamics between Ray and Yolanda? She'd say all this sweet, positive stuff. He couldn't even make eye contact or say anything that even hinted of a connection between them. Bit of a theme there through the race.
Furthermore did Eric and Jeremy just get gayer and gayer as time went on? What was with the 'Go baby go' on the last task. Baby? Used between two guys?
Bombers_Forever said:
....all the things like opening times and flights just did not give them any advantage when they worked for it
Yeah that got annoying, the multiple times the race stopped while some place was yet to open. Time and again we'd get "1:15 in the morning. Team X was the first to arrive and so are first to leave." Then one after the other teams would take off but they'd arrive at a location that didn't open for hours so everyone bunched up again. It happened a bit too much for me.

Powerstufff said:
Well done hippies. Bad luck frat boys, great competitors. Great last task with the flags, very clever and appropriate.
What was with the dynamics between Ray and Yolanda? She'd say all this sweet, positive stuff. He couldn't even make eye contact or say anything that even hinted of a connection between them. Bit of a theme there through the race.
Furthermore did Eric and Jeremy just get gayer and gayer as time went on? What was with the 'Go baby go' on the last task. Baby? Used between two guys?
Yeah that got annoying, the multiple times the race stopped while some place was yet to open. Time and again we'd get "1:15 in the morning. Team X was the first to arrive and so are first to leave." Then one after the other teams would take off but they'd arrive at a location that didn't open for hours so everyone bunched up again. It happened a bit too much for me.

They did it throughout the race with both tasks and flight- the show clearly wants a close race, not one where they reward teams who work for an advantage

Yeah, Eric and Jeremy- what is doing with them? We all know they love the women but me thinks they are not 100% straight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bombers_Forever said:
Well done Hippies but I felt so much for the Frat boys. Just all the things like opening times and flights just did not give them any advantage when they worked for it
Yeah it came down to that last challenge. The cream always rises to the top. Hippies deserved it. Were 2nd coming into the last challenge and won it with ease :)

Get over this 'luck' bullsht1t.

Bombers_Forever said:

I picked em from Episode 1 ;)

Bombers_Forever said:
I know. The Hippies gave them 2000 yen and then they had to stop to get more. The whole blackmail started by the Hippies really turned this series into teams who are two nice- previous series teams would not be helping them. That is why there should be more rules in place for the non-elimination legs. Yes they lose their possessions but get money from other teams. Those other teams basically helped the Hippies win it.
Pfft... they would have got money easily. They have in the past...

Bombers_Forever said:

Eric cracked :eek:

Seriously though, I was beginning to like the Frat boys towards the end. They stopped giving crap to the Hippies and they were alright. Good on em.

Punt_Road_Roar said:

Haha, 1 day behind, HAHAHAHA. Funniest thing ever. Cocky ****s :p

"Go baby", "Cmon baby", "Go, go Baby"

GOLD.

Powerstufff said:
Lets blame TAR for the flight schedule's in every airport where no advantage was given :rolleyes:

Cassius_Clay said:
Lets blame TAR for the flight schedule's in every airport where no advantage was given :rolleyes:
I said nothing about airports. Clearly there was an advantage to arriving there first. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Powerstufff said:

He proposed to her on some TV show the morning after the finale aired in America. So I presume his body language doesn't express his true feelings. ;)

That's not really the producers fault though. The vast majority of venues would close at a certain time and if the teams are slower on a leg than expected, I imagine they would fairly easily fall into a pattern of arriving at things during the night.

Blinger said:

From TAR 5 (when I started watching) I'd like to see Chip and Kim, Colin and Christie, Brian and Greg, Rob and Amber, Eric and Jeremy and BJ and Tyler again.

If they extended it to sixteen teams they could have two from each race (stuff the family edition). Just cut out the non-elimination legs and it would work fine.

CharlieG said:
He proposed to her on some TV show the morning after the finale aired in America. So I presume his body language doesn't express his true feelings. ;)
She accept?

He isnt really the loving type or he doesnt seem to be anyway. She's pretty nice and seems she's been raised in alot richer/well off family compared to Ray...

I bet ya any money 7 will create a celebrity Aus version of Amazing race, guarantee it.....

The next family series was supposedly reaaaaaaaallly bad, there were teams of 4 and people were leading by a day at the end, no one watched it. The tasks were stuff like catching eggs and hitting baseballs, hardly good TV

Remove this Banner Ad

The Amazing Race - Series 9 Ch.7 Thursdays @ 9:30

Remove this Banner Ad

Back