The animal lovers thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I have to question people who call themselves animal lovers. The heart is the most intelligent and emphatic part of the human body. Right now all the facebook and twitter warriors are getting stuck into japan over whaling. but the dingo is still tret cruelly.

Can't watch that, cruelty upsets me but I know what you mean. They're still being baited ffs, it's barbaric. Dingo's origins are Grey Wolf and like the wolf, when they're gone the environmental academics will kick up a stink and we'll have to reintroduce them.

Can't watch that, cruelty upsets me but I know what you mean. They're still being baited ffs, it's barbaric. Dingo's origins are Grey Wolf and like the wolf, when they're gone the environmental academics will kick up a stink and we'll have to reintroduce them.

Its really worth watching because it speaks to cattle ranchers who have reintroduced a dingo pack to their station and have seen a vast improvement in both thier stock and the environment. turns out the dingo goes after the fox cat and rabbit first. Turns out that with dingos around cattle dont loiter around watering holes eating everything they can. both of these changes mean more natural flora and fauna around waterholes, which increases the heath of the waterhole and its reliability as a water source.

Its really worth watching because it speaks to cattle ranchers who have reintroduced a dingo pack to their station and have seen a vast improvement in both thier stock and the environment. turns out the dingo goes after the fox cat and rabbit first. Turns out that with dingos around cattle dont loiter around watering holes eating everything they can. both of these changes mean more natural flora and fauna around waterholes, which increases the heath of the waterhole and its reliability as a water source.

I didn't see that coming! I assumed it was going to be stories that would haunt me for the rest of the day I will watch it for sure, thanks.

This bear is classic. Walking around the camp/village like he's human trying to remain incognito as he looks for a feed.

Yesterday i thought i found a puppy the guy had one left.I messaged him to let him know i was interested.
No messages for hours ummmm ok he must be busy.
I looked for the ad he had taken it down and still didnt message fuuuu champagner.

But i may have found another one ,i spoke to the lady on the phone going to check out the little plonker on friday.
Don't forget to check out all of the animal shelters in your area, rocker. Some awesome dogs to be had, and they're all looking for a nice, kind home...just like yours :)

Don't forget to check out all of the animal shelters in your area, rocker. Some awesome dogs to be had, and they're all looking for a nice, kind home...just like yours :)

Great idea. Nobody would take this one so I did, top pic is how he looked I couldn't get near him for a while and about three months after that before I'd let him get near my face. Helping me mow the lawns, he'll even bring the washing in ... He's great now though, one of the most obedient dogs I've had only have to ask him to do something once, he is stable and devoted. So glad I said I'd take him.

thedawg.png

Great idea. Nobody would take this one so I did, top pic is how he looked I couldn't get near him for a while and about three months after that before I'd let him get near my face. Helping me mow the lawns, he'll even bring the washing in ... He's great now though, one of the most obedient dogs I've had only have to ask him to do something once, he is stable and devoted. So glad I said I'd take him.

View attachment 332273

Great to see Shelly

There are a lot of wonderful natured dogs at animal shelters

My shelter/pound sucks balls poorly run IMHO.
Pretty much only greyhounds on their website for re-homing im not a fan of them.

Adopting has it's challenges, this one had been taught some hand commands and I still haven't worked out what all of them are Bull headed and not that he didn't understand at first he wouldn't even respond to regular sit, stay thought I had to teach him that all over and it was going to be hopeless without the over the top aggro act he had going Takes a lot of patience and out of action with injury I had the time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 332273
Ahahaha. The pic on the bottom right... :tearsofjoy: Gold!

Hi folks,

Animal/nature lover myself. Have 6 x shitzu's, 2 rabbits and over 60 chickens & ducks all of which bring my family and I much joy and happiness!

Hope to get involved in conversations with likeminded people and exchange views and share similar experiences here on the forum, cheers Vic.

(Ps. write a little poetry too about my lifestyle & interests )

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/vics-poetry-cont.1153648/page-2

Last edited:
Ive been looking for puppies/dogs for about a month,lucky enough to find a choccy and black lab both puppies.
In my search i can't believe how many dogs need a new home, sad people just cant look after them.
One dog needed a new home 13 yo lab who was blind,come on people you need to stay with them.

One dog i was interested in went to a ladys house for a trail run,she took him back after one day.

I love animals. Can't watch those cruelty videos, they make me sick.
People that are cruel to animals are seriously stuffed in the head.
Yeah, animal cruelty really pisses me off. I've actually bad-mouthed a few people on this forum for that before. Primarily the guy who caught a mouse with his brother and burned it alive with a lighter and aerosol can, and a couple of people who went in to bat for the greyhound trainers when they live-baited.

These kind of people make the most flimsy justifications too. "It's only a <insert animal here>", "it's just vermin", "they're overpopulated", etc. I'd like harsher penalties for deliberate animal cruelty.

Remove this Banner Ad

The animal lovers thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back