The Ask a No Passengers Member a Question Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Would Kennelly + 25-30k -> Jake King be on the cards in 3/4/5 weeks time? If it is, is it worth the trade? King is versing Sydney this week.
If I do my planned trades my team would be this with 5 trades left.

Cornes, Shaw, King, Goddard, Milburn, Bradshaw, Waters
Swan, Corey, Priddis, Stevens, Goodes, Palmer
Cox, Simmonds
Pavlich, Riewoldt, J. Brown, Chapman, BJ, SJ, Burton

Would 5 trades cover injuries and maybe even let me upgrade Palmer to a gun?

Would Kennelly + 25-30k -> Jake King be on the cards in 3/4/5 weeks time? If it is, is it worth the trade? King is versing Sydney this week.
If I do my planned trades my team would be this with 5 trades left.

Cornes, Shaw, King, Goddard, Milburn, Bradshaw, Waters
Swan, Corey, Priddis, Stevens, Goodes, Palmer
Cox, Simmonds
Pavlich, Riewoldt, J. Brown, Chapman, BJ, SJ, Burton

Would 5 trades cover injuries and maybe even let me upgrade Palmer to a gun?

I wouldn't trade out Kennelly (back this week anyway) to a player on the borderline of premium DTer. Waters is a bigger concern IMO than Kennelly. I think the difference in the averages of Kennelly and King will be slim come the end of the year.

If you're set on trading out Kennelly, trade for Peter Burgoyne or for uniqueness, Jordy McMahon.

1. Peter Burgoyne
2. Milburn
3. Fletcher
4. Rutten
5. C.Brown
6. Wonaemirri
7. Ryder

8. Cooney
9. Deladio
10. Palmer
11. Griffen (rubgy sidestep = champ)
12. Mark McVeigh
13. Wellingham

14. Cox
15. Kreuzer

16. Richardson (Batman)
17. Pavlich
18. Porplyzia
19. N Brown (Robin)
20. Neon Leon Davis
21. Roughead
22. Tippett

Rutten is a bad choice. Never, ever picks Full Backs because there main purpose in a footy match is to stop their opponent. Your backline needs work, but this isn't a great year for backs in DT.

Deledio is a better pick to have in your forward line where there are less options to pick from. The midfield is full of gun DT scorers.

I wouldn't trade out Kennelly (back this week anyway) to a player on the borderline of premium DTer. Waters is a bigger concern IMO than Kennelly. I think the difference in the averages of Kennelly and King will be slim come the end of the year.

If you're set on trading out Kennelly, trade for Peter Burgoyne or for uniqueness, Jordy McMahon.
I think Waters will score ok for the rest of the year.
I will keep Kennelly for up to 5 weeks and if he is scoring well there will be no need to upgrade.
He is injury prone and has burned me this year and last.
I'll see how it pans out, Waters might end up having OP or Palmer might begin to tire.

Worth trading Palmer next week? It would cost me 2 trades but would complete my team.

If it completes your team then why do you need to ask? He won't have peaked in price though but if you have the ultimate uber duber team and it will be finished if you get rid of Palmer then do it and enjoy your new Toyota.

IMO Palmer could be your 6th midfielder all year.

I'm not sure whether to keep Palmer or trade him and get a points increase but only have 7 trades left for injury

I know this question has been asked many times, but the players are different this time.

Under 308K? Goddard or McPhee?

I personally, wouldn't upgrade to either of them. McPhee has been pretty poor this year considering last years form and Goddard is still finding his feet again. Maybe a trade to Goddard later in the season is a good idea.

I personally, wouldn't upgrade to either of them. McPhee has been pretty poor this year considering last years form and Goddard is still finding his feet again. Maybe a trade to Goddard later in the season is a good idea.
Agree with regards to Goddard. But if McPhee scores over 80 next week then he will be quite tempting. Lucas back in the side may mean he goes back to HB.

Does anyone know if he played the whole game in the forward line last night?

Ok i have a question that has been racking my brain this week.

My team is as follows.

Backs: Cornes, Shaw, King, Bradshaw, Milburn, Mattner, Myers (Pfiffer, Pears)

Mids: Corey, Swan, Goodes, Stevens, Judd, palmer (Browne, Cotchin)

Rucks: Simmons, Gardiner (Kruezer, wood)

Forwards: Pavlich, Murphy, Burton, Brown, Johnson, Porps, Reiwoldt ( Fevola, Thomson)

I ahve 5 trades left and $1,900 in the bank. I am sitting 3rd on my league table with
3.South WhyallaRyan 7 6-0-1 12711 11933 106.52 24

Obviously my team is not that great so my overall ranking is poor but my goal is to win my league. I am pretty much assured to play finals cos we have some big duds.

The questions i need help with is whether to trade this week. I know my forward line is very stacked and i have lots of money sitting on the bench.

Should i trade this week down to rookies to get them while they are cheap ( im thinking valenti, houlihan,morton). Then i could just let the money sit there with 3 trades left so when finals time comes i will have enough money and trades to make a couple of slight upgrades.

Or

Do i just sit on that team, knowing i will make the finals and then use my trades.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have 9 trades left
One bench player in back, 2 bench players in mid, and 1 in ruck and forwards.
I want to upgrade 4 of my players before finals.

Do I trade all my bench players out to upgrade others or what do I do?

I have 9 trades left

It all depend who your bench players are and the player who you want to upgrade are, and how much money you have left in the bank, With some of your downgrade trades you may have money left over once you have upgraded your other players, meaning you may not have to downgrade all of your bench players. You also will want some trades left for injurys going into the run home. not a " No Passenger" member but i thought i would have a go at it...

Ok i have a question that has been racking my brain this week.

My team is as follows.

Backs: Cornes, Shaw, King, Bradshaw, Milburn, Mattner, Myers (Pfiffer, Pears)

Mids: Corey, Swan, Goodes, Stevens, Judd, palmer (Browne, Cotchin)

Rucks: Simmons, Gardiner (Kruezer, wood)

Forwards: Pavlich, Murphy, Burton, Brown, Johnson, Porps, Reiwoldt ( Fevola, Thomson)

I ahve 5 trades left and $1,900 in the bank. I am sitting 3rd on my league table with
3.South WhyallaRyan 7 6-0-1 12711 11933 106.52 24

Obviously my team is not that great so my overall ranking is poor but my goal is to win my league. I am pretty much assured to play finals cos we have some big duds.

The questions i need help with is whether to trade this week. I know my forward line is very stacked and i have lots of money sitting on the bench.

Should i trade this week down to rookies to get them while they are cheap ( im thinking valenti, houlihan,morton). Then i could just let the money sit there with 3 trades left so when finals time comes i will have enough money and trades to make a couple of slight upgrades.

Or

Do i just sit on that team, knowing i will make the finals and then use my trades.

If your goal is to win your league, and you can do it without trading, do it without trading. When you do trade, I think you have too much money in your ruck and forward reserves - maybe start by trading one of them, eg Gardiner and Wood>Rookie and Cox/White, or Fev>Rookie for cash.

I have 9 trades left

Just work the minimum number of trade outs to get your targeted trade ins. If you can dump 2 to net you cash for a gun + Rookie rather than dumping 3, then that's clearly the way to go. But like Hirdy_5 said, it depends a lot on who your bench players are, and who you want in. But in principle, no there is no need to trade all of them out.

Here's my current team - I'm sitting 2nd on my league ladder and want to get to number 1 (worth it for bragging rights over all the boys). I haev 9 trades and $200K in the bank. Is it worth upgrading a player like Houli or Rioli now, or better to hold off till the finals? Bit worried that my midfield is weak and my bench players are rookies

Def: Shaw, Birchall, Milburn, Cornes, Gram, Goddard, Wona (Proud, Selwood)

Mid: Corey, Cornes, Stevens, Mitchell, Palmer, Houli (Bird, Cotchin)

Rucks: Cox, simmonds (Meeson, White)

Fwd: Pavlich, Didak, J Brown, Johnson, Deledio, Props, Rioli (Valenti, Daniher)

Advice?

Cheers!

Here's my current team - I'm sitting 2nd on my league ladder and want to get to number 1 (worth it for bragging rights over all the boys). I haev 9 trades and $200K in the bank. Is it worth upgrading a player like Houli or Rioli now, or better to hold off till the finals? Bit worried that my midfield is weak and my bench players are rookies

Def: Shaw, Birchall, Milburn, Cornes, Gram, Goddard, Wona (Proud, Selwood)

Mid: Corey, Cornes, Stevens, Mitchell, Palmer, Houli (Bird, Cotchin)

Rucks: Cox, simmonds (Meeson, White)

Fwd: Pavlich, Didak, J Brown, Johnson, Deledio, Props, Rioli (Valenti, Daniher)

Advice?

Cheers!

I reckon you should have one decent scoring bencher in each position. Your backs look weak here, as do your forwards. Maybe consider Bird and Houli out this week for Bartel/Thompson/Swan, etc + Rookie in the mids. Bird isn't getting enough TOG to appreciate much further, and Houli seems patchy (both in games and scores). If Armfield does well this week, maybe Proud/Selwood>Armfield. Rioli isn't a real trade target just yet, he should stay thereabouts, you need to hope Valenti gets a game with Robertson out. If he doesn't in the next couple of weeks, use your cash and do Daniher>Gun, leaving Rioli as bench.

Having said all that, it's a solid team though. Don't blow it by thinking you have to trade - there will always be guns you can trade in at a good price, and you will need trades right up until the death knock for league position. Mine is just one of many opinions - look at them all, and follow your own instincts.

I have 187 100 in bank
I want Riewoldt, Bartel or Corey and either Drummond or J.King
Im getting rid of Palmer, Wonaemiri and T.Cloke

Questions
whos the better pick Corey or Bartel??
Have they bottomed out BE 112 and 109??
Do i sit with palmer BE 67 for one more week then upgrade??
Bartel and corey will chop up Kangaroos??
J.King or Drummond??
Drummond injury prone and i only have Hartlett and S.D.T on bench??
J.King struggled last few weeks even though he is getting plenty of the football??
Is it worth trading Cloke to Riewodlt??
Should i do it this week Cloke BE 33 and Volt 65??
The price differential is most likely to decrease after this week??
T.Cloke is playing in the rain and may struggle as he is a CHF??
Riewoldt should get Morris?? he may struggle

Is it possible to trade Palmer > Bartel, T.Cloke > Volt and Wonaman to J.King, price differential atm is 218 200, but my players will all make money in the next 2 weeks and the players i want should all drop in money

I have 187 100 in bank
I want Riewoldt, Bartel or Corey and either Drummond or J.King
Im getting rid of Palmer, Wonaemiri and T.Cloke

Questions
whos the better pick Corey or Bartel?? Search for this thread. Bartel
Have they bottomed out BE 112 and 109?? Bartel has, Corey loves to get tagged by Rawlings.
Do i sit with palmer BE 67 for one more week then upgrade?? Very situational. Is the saving in cash worth the loss in points? You decide, overall or league ranking.
Bartel and corey will chop up Kangaroos?? Bartel yes, Corey no, but who really knows?
J.King or Drummond?? Neither? Bowden
Drummond injury prone and i only have Hartlett and S.D.T on bench?? Bowden
J.King struggled last few weeks even though he is getting plenty of the football?? Wrist might still be worrying him. Don't consider him an option anyway.
Is it worth trading Cloke to Riewodlt?? Definetely. Cloke has proved nothing (DT). We all know what Riewoldt has done and capable of.
Should i do it this week Cloke BE 33 and Volt 65?? Riewoldt playing at the dome. Yes please.
The price differential is most likely to decrease after this week?? Most likely, but is a saving of 5-10k worth the loss of points? No.
T.Cloke is playing in the rain and may struggle as he is a CHF?? Melbourne...Garland hasn't been too bad at stopping the power forwards.
Riewoldt should get Morris?? he may struggle Possibly. But better chance he will dominate. Think long term, not always about 1 game.

Is it possible to trade Palmer > Bartel, T.Cloke > Volt and Wonaman to J.King, price differential atm is 218 200, but my players will all make money in the next 2 weeks and the players i want should all drop in money if you're thinking you are going to make up that difference you are crazy :)

Not a NP member but better than nothing.

Question for those in the know:

What effect will the Scarlett injury have on the Geelong defense (DT wise)? I was hoping to bring in either Mackie or Milburn this week, but I don't want a change in role for one of them to effect their scores for the next 2-3 rounds.

Thoughts appreciated.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Ask a No Passengers Member a Question Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back