The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Teague has left Richmond with immediate effect.

Strange to see an assistant coach go this late into the season, even with their current position and him being out of contract.
The ol Mutual Consent.

Going to be an interesting off-season at Punt Road. I would say they would go after a more senior assistant coach to help Yze, but well Teague was a senior coach.

The ol Mutual Consent.

Going to be an interesting off-season at Punt Road. I would say they would go after a more senior assistant coach to help Yze, but well Teague was a senior coach.
Teague is pretty poorly regarded around our parts. Only got the job after a hot run as an interim - really should never have been given the role.

Will be very interesting to see what he does from here.

Teague is pretty poorly regarded around our parts. Only got the job after a hot run as an interim - really should never have been given the role.

Will be very interesting to see what he does from here.
Off the back of a 6-5 run after going something like 4-44 before then. That was a desperate decision by the club to hire the interim coach thinking he would turn it all around because of an 11 game run. So weird.

Out and out champion of the game, much loved and largely inoffensive to everyone.
Of the 3 I'll have seen go past the 400 mark he's clearly better as a player than both Burgoyne and Harvey.

Out and out champion of the game, much loved and largely inoffensive to everyone.
Of the 3 I'll have seen go past the 400 mark he's clearly better as a player than both Burgoyne and Harvey.

Fletcher too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing To See Here GIF by Giphy QA

A month out from finals...

Bloody hell. I thought Collingwood were trying to move past their history and instead they've kept someone in charge that's as bad as Maguire (possibly worse).

By all accounts, they are both flaming shit bags.

Harsh on Burgoyne. I'd personally have him on top in the 400 club but you're only splitting hairs.

As far as a Collingwood player goes, it's hard not to like Scotty. Incredible achievement.
Really don't think it is tbh. Burgoyne was a wonderful player and incredibly versatile having played in defence, midfield, wing and up forward. Probably would be in the discussion for the top 5 indigenous players of all time with Farmer, Goodes, Maurice Rioli and McLeod.

But Pendlebury is another rung up on him. 11 of his 19 seasons averaging 25 or more disposals, a few of those above 28. And 16 of 19 at 23 touches or more. In an era of midfielder stat padding he doesn't really fit that bill given he uses the ball so well, makes good decisions and seems to slow down time with his vision and decision making.

It is no slight on Burgoyne not to have him at the same level as SP. IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back