The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Rayner is this years piss take selection.

I'll say Ryan feels like a charity pick because the panel had him in their SC/Fantasy team and Pearce missed too many games.
He's had some good games (like yesterday) but it's sprinkled with ones where he has the 20+ sideways kicks for the stats sheet and gets beaten too easily. Pearce's injury exposed him the same way Murphy's retirement exposed Darcy Moore.

Watch Gov not make it despite being quite clearly the best key back all year.
Among key defenders Weitering rates #1 for 1v1 defensive loss rate (11%). Balta, Wilkie, May and Andrews round out the top 5.

Also before Jeremy McGovern is Moore, Rampe, Collins, Howard, Lobb, Ballard, Battle, Taylor, Frost, Cox, McCartin, H.Edwards, Melican, Henry, Aleer, Weddle, Pearce and Butts.

He's had a good year but when that many KPD/3RD Tall types are better and defending their man 1v1 it is hard to argue 'clearly the best'

No Ben McKay? (I had to).

Among key defenders Weitering rates #1 for 1v1 defensive loss rate (11%). Balta, Wilkie, May and Andrews round out the top 5.

Also before Jeremy McGovern is Moore, Rampe, Collins, Howard, Lobb, Ballard, Battle, Taylor, Frost, Cox, McCartin, H.Edwards, Melican, Henry, Aleer, Weddle, Pearce and Butts.

He's had a good year but when that many KPD/3RD Tall types are better and defending their man 1v1 it is hard to argue 'clearly the best'
My bad forgot we were in 1995.

But in 2024 football isnt played man on man. Gov zones off, does his thing, marks everything, uses the ball incredibly well. I cant be bothered finding the clip but I saw a segment I think it was On The Couch maybe a week or so ago where they were talking about McGovern and how he led all backman in like 5-6 categories or some shit. They all said he might be better now than when he was an AA four years straight.

Nobody has seen it outside of WC fans cos nobody watches us this year cos we're shite.

But he's been the best key defender all year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My bad forgot we were in 1995.

But in 2024 football isnt played man on man. Gov zones off, does his thing, marks everything, uses the ball incredibly well. I cant be bothered finding the clip but I saw a segment I think it was On The Couch maybe a week or so ago where they were talking about McGovern and how he led all backman in like 5-6 categories or some shit. They all said he might be better now than when he was an AA four years straight.

Nobody has seen it outside of WC fans cos nobody watches us this year cos we're shite.

But he's been the best key defender all year.
Wasn't losses was it?

;)

best key defender for mine has probably been harris andrews. the guy is just a monster.

I am shocked to be reading that. Shocked.
shocked philip j fry GIF

Wonder if this means GC won't be getting Rioli.

Pick 6 for 28yo Rioli. Pick 2 for Weller.
Give up Bowes and 7 for peanuts.

Why do GCS exist.

Also funny that they'll have Ellis, Rioli and Noble and we got a better HBF from the 2nd last pick in the draft last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back