The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Feel like with Battle and Barrass that the clock is now ticking for clubs like Carlton, GWS, Brisbane and Port who've been chasing success. Hawthorn know how to win and all those clubs are starting to accumulate 30yo+ players.

Just never stops being funny.

Collingwood for the next year: You can't lose a final if you don't make it

Think About It GIF by Identity

I guess we just have two different views on loyalty I guess.

I get it's a bit different at AFL level to European football because the money is so much different and in the AFL you want to maximise the money side of things but again that just leans into money over loyalty.

I dare say we're not paying TB a pittance too.
We all want our players to stay loyal but in reality is West Coast going to fold because Barrass leaves?

I am pointing out that as a fan of a big football club that can attract whomever they want that your logic seems to be flawed. Never seen you upset LFC has attracted someone from elsewhere to join them.

Home vs not home is largely irrelevant here. TB wants a new challenge and has other factors that have made that choice easier. Surely you can just wish him well having helped win a premiership?

We all want our players to stay loyal but in reality is West Coast going to fold because Barrass leaves?

I am pointing out that as a fan of a big football club that can attract whomever they want that your logic seems to be flawed. Never seen you upset LFC has attracted someone from elsewhere to join them.

Home vs not home is largely irrelevant here. TB wants a new challenge and has other factors that have made that choice easier. Surely you can just wish him well having helped win a premiership?
Nah **** that guy haha

I hope Hawthorn win absolutely nothing while he's there and we rise from the dead and win 8 Premierships.

:D

Since the turn of the century the AA team has meant less and less, especially when they started picking midfielders to fill out the forwards.
Glad they didn't do that this year.

Cornes sneaking in one of his boyz for the last spot on the bench. Not for the first time too lol
Butters? Not sure he was the controversial pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TIL about Tom Barrass. His fiancée is Heath Ledger’s step sister.

I might have just ruined The Dark Knight for Jodly. 😳

it was never going to happen. unless someone came out with a jeremy cameron esque trade, and probably even more than that seeing for how long he was contracted, it just couldnt happen. melbourne as a club could not allow it to happen. but now all of a sudden the journo's are gonna walk back saying oh yeah a deal couldn't happen. well ****ing duh.

The haul they'd get for Petracca would be far higher than Oliver.

Not to mention Christian will be 29 before next season starts and is coming off some pretty significant injuries.

I get they're trying to save face a bit but the bolder move would be to try and reset now.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back