The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sad to see him go TBH.

Fake Surprised Season 8 GIF by Friends

We all know he will end up at Geelong. There is no point beating around the bush. Like Shai Bolton, we all know he is going to be at Freo. Just come out and say it.

I think they'll have a crack, but Geelong will be where he ends up.
With what though? They've not got their first rounder and seem unlikely they'll trade out 2 years in a row.

Just don't see them coming up with a package that'll get remotely close to satisfying you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ginnivan v Schultz is a decision needing to be studied.

Not really. Ginnivan has kicked 2 more goals than Schultz this season (1 if you don't include finals). Shooter had a poor and slow start in a new team that has been shit this season. That happens all the time. Not to mention he is playing in a forward line with better smalls and medium sized players than he was at Freo so he isn't getting the opportunities that he would have been used to. He is a good player and over time he will be a very good pickup for Collingwood.

I don't think he's worth 2 first rounders, have we said that?
Actually I may have just read that on the Carlton board as what someone suggested you should be asking for.

That'll teach me for reading this rather than working haha

Us or hawthorn
Bailey Smith looked at Luke Beveridge today and told him he doesn’t want to play at the Bulldogs anymore and instead, he wants to be traded away from Whitten Oval, this being the sixth year since he was taken with pick seven in the 2018 draft.

“I’m told he went into some detail about why he wanted to be traded, and the reasons and the motivations for wanting out, there’s lots of scuttlebutt about those, perhaps those reasons will become more concrete in time.

“He didn’t however request a club, Bailey Smith. That club will be Geelong.

“He’s 23, played 103 games, recovering from a knee reconstruction of course, the Dogs revealed the news in a statement, saying “given his immense talent, his age and his proven ability to influence games, the club will work diligently to ensure it is fairly compensated throughout the process.

“So, this is where Geelong’s first round pick comes into it. As it stands, they have got pick 16 but, there’s father-sons, there’s academy bids to come, maybe Josh Battle compensation for St Kilda in the top end as well, so that Cats first rounder could be pushed further back, certainly into the 20’s if they win the premiership.

“Will that be enough for the Western Bulldogs? Will that have to be enough for the Western Bulldogs given Bailey Smith is out of contract and has all the leverage?”

Although it was apparent that several clubs were interested in Smith’s services, Geelong will be the landing place for the young midfielder for reasons beyond the finances.

“It’s been Geelong in the box seat for the better part of 18 months,” Edmund continued.

“I see no reason that that has shifted. We know that Hawthorn have got other priorities in terms of (Tom) Barrass, (Josh) Battle and the like.

“I am told though that it’s not huge money, that basically any other club could fit him in so it’s not a money decision from Bailey Smith at all.

“There’s a bit of lifestyle in there, there’s a bit of football programming in there as well I understand.

“He was out of contract at the Western Bulldogs who would have surely offered him a long-term deal as well.

“Don’t pretend to know the length of the contract at the Cats or anything else at the Cats but it will be a long-term one for sure.”

Sam says what we all know. He's coming here.

You haven't said anything, I don't recall a club ever publicly saying that? It's just what's being bandied about.
Yeah I dunno, he's been crap(dropped a few times) since 2021 and is coming of an ACL.

I think we'll want a first and some change. Sucks Geelongs first will end up in the twenties.

Unsurprisingly Jackson Macrae has asked for a trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back