The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Strange that Sportsbet have Cripps as Brownlow favourite now and just removed Heeney altogether. They are assuming he’s going to be suspended.
Would be weird, nothing in it. Webster hurts himself falling to the ground. Heeney barely touches him.

Would be weird, nothing in it. Webster hurts himself falling to the ground. Heeney barely touches him.

I totally agree. It was an accidental tap on the face that drew blood. Can’t see a suspension out of it.

Heeney gone then…

For the Age..

Twelve months ago, Heeney could have escaped with a fine with a grading of careless, but he is facing a ban of at least one match after the league amended rules in the off-season so that in instances where a player intends to forcefully push or fend an opponent off the ball, the incident shall be graded as intentional rather than careless.

Heeney gone then…

For the Age..
It's low impact though. No different to butters a few weeks back, and should be even milder as butters was looking at green when he struck him. Heeney had no idea his head would be that low.

The only way I see a Heeney suspension happening is to give the Brownlow to a player from a Melbourne club and would anyone be surprised if the MRO would go there? Cripps, Daicos, Bont and Merrett are the next four in line after Heeney.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

I agree that Heeney getting suspended wouldn't be as part of a conspiracy to get Cripps a Brownlow (putting aside the incredibly controversial way he escaped his own suspension two years ago), I do think it would be quite outrageous if he was suspended for that action when just weeks ago Zak Butters escaped suspension for something far more deliberate and forceful.

I agree that Heeney getting suspended wouldn't be as part of a conspiracy to get Cripps a Brownlow (putting aside the incredibly controversial way he escaped his own suspension two years ago), I do think it would be quite outrageous if he was suspended for that action when just weeks ago Zak Butters escaped suspension for something far more deliberate and forceful.
Oh not even just Cripps, that it's any Victorian player.

I'd actually it's far more beneficial for the AFL if Heeney wins it. More exposure in NSW is not going to hurt at all.

He'll be fine, even if he's cited, he'll get off. My guess is a fine.

Either Michael Christian is a prize peanut for referring Heeney to the tribunal, or Michael Christian is a prize peanut for not resigning when the box ticking exercise makes that a trip to the tribunal.

Either way Michael Christian is a prize peanut.

Listening to the footy media they don't think he will. The AFL changed the guidelines so that what he did is graded as intentional and it will be hard to get it changed to careless.
No they're saying he had to be charged but he'll get off. Hogan, Butters, and others have gotten off with worse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back