The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Laura Kane:

nothing GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Tribunal system made to look foolish this week with two players getting off on legal technicalities.

VFL Tribunal: Hold my beer.

Suspended for a bump to the body.

Find it pretty impossible to tell exactly where the contact was from that clip. I assume medical reports/concussion came into play?

Sydney's lawyers must be feeling pretty inept right about now...

Not sure it has anything to do with us really. It was an entirely different piece of law. Unless you're referring to the fact they went from 3 to 0, which again feels more to do with the nature of the law employed.

Not sure it has anything to do with us really. It was an entirely different piece of law. Unless you're referring to the fact they went from 3 to 0, which again feels more to do with the nature of the law employed.
Not the direct comparison, more I just think a better set of lawyers would've been able to get Heeney off. Hypothetical of course, just the impression I've had over the last week and a half.

It was shown last week your lawyers didn't even really understand the point of the second appeal. I'd be very curious to see if they continue to use them.

Find it pretty impossible to tell exactly where the contact was from that clip. I assume medical reports/concussion came into play?
That's hardly the point. The tribunal concluded contact was to the body and still suspended the player.

Think it through. Suspended for a body bump.

That's hardly the point. The tribunal concluded contact was to the body and still suspended the player.

They've always been an outcome based system. The concussion is what's thrown it over.

I agree with you though, absolutely absurd.

Not the direct comparison, more I just think a better set of lawyers would've been able to get Heeney off. Hypothetical of course, just the impression I've had over the last week and a half.

It was shown last week your lawyers didn't even really understand the point of the second appeal. I'd be very curious to see if they continue to use them.

I don't think a better set of lawyers gets Heeney off at the appeal, the issue was with the original argument.

Parker got 6 weeks for a body bump. The suspension was for the whip lash/head on head contact, and I suspect it was the same here?

I don't think a better set of lawyers gets Heeney off at the appeal, the issue was with the original argument.
That I absolutely agree with, was only making my point that I'm not convinced they were all that good.

You're right in that the initial appeal was the major problem.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back