The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Might have been 1 season too many. but he's still been a decent contributor this year.

Was a fantastic acquisition considering what we gave up for him (sure I don't have to remind you Jatz and RPCB ).

Genuinely one of two players that left Carlton (Eddie Betts as well) who was a massive loss and I wished we had him for years after he left. As tough as they come.

Last edited:

Might have been 1 season too many. but he's still been a decent contributor this year.

Was a fantastic acquisition considering what we gave up for him (sure I don't have to remind you Jatz and RPCB ).
Smedts and pick downgrade of about 7 spots makes him one of our best trades.
Better not make him sub on Saturday.

They've gone the vegemite defence.
Who's their lawyer? the child of Lionel Hutz and Dennis Denuto.

Season 4 Episode 21 GIF by The Simpsons

I have never been surer that the Saints will thump us. Will be 5-6 goals at least.

The feel good factor against WCE won't last.

Probably carrying an injured Saad and Charlie into the clash. What could go wrong?

This is RTB’ Grand Final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does Saad take just one week to recover from a hammy …a recurring hammy at that?
They reckon he could've played last week.

Seems like we were jus being overly cautious, rather than it actually being a hammy.

They reckon he could've played last week.

Seems like we were jus being overly cautious, rather than it actually being a hammy.
We also have pitiful injury management and an even more pitiful injury list, so it’s not surprising that it looks like we are rushing a player back.

Anyone else feeling fatigued by a 25 round regular season? AFL have gone nuts and all they care about is the money.

Yes and no. It is more the fact that now the Premier League is starting up again and American Football (NFL and College) are about to start I always get a bit sports'd out around this time of year.

With how chaotic the ending to the season is and going into the last round with 4 teams fighting for 3 spots in the 8 it does help mitigate some of the fatigue.

Yes and no. It is more the fact that now the Premier League is starting up again and American Football (NFL and College) are about to start I always get a bit sports'd out around this time of year.

With how chaotic the ending to the season is and going into the last round with 4 teams fighting for 3 spots in the 8 it does help mitigate some of the fatigue.
I think living on the other side of the world doesn't help obviously, but it's kind of like "it's still going?".

I think living on the other side of the world doesn't help obviously, but it's kind of like "it's still going?".
It’s nothing compared to a European football season where some players play 60-70 games. Or US sports where there’s a daily game from four major sports 364 days a year

Yeah! How dare they fight for better conditions when it is going to cause a massive inconvenience like checks notes cause the start time of a football game to moved by two hours? Oh the humanity.
I'm just in a very grumpy mood and not interested today in the standard pay parity action that plagues this nation. Every sector plays their state off the rest. Currently sitting in ER waiting to see if knee nerve pain and calf inflammation is a pinched nerve or possibly a blood clot, and had my bike stolen from work today so cranky atm.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back