The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

if butters was subbed out with a bit of soreness and port had an eye to next week at half time it's one of the weakest decisions made by a club i can remember.
Toughest player in the league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not as an anti-carlton comment but I want the blues out on Saturday. Guaranteeing a non-vic opponent for an MCG PF is what I want
Me too but for different reasons.

Not as an anti-carlton comment but I want the blues out on Saturday. Guaranteeing a non-vic opponent for an MCG PF is what I want

We aren’t beating Brisbane. In fact playing us would be your easiest matchup.

Last edited:
Only saw the first half last night, Geelong were very impressive. Even though the warning signs were there, I was still surprised to see the final score this morning. Holy shit that was quite the capitulation from Port.

That's above the ears I think. There's no way they can go from looking competent to bottom 4 that easily if it's not mental.

This is exactly why everyone was saying Port fans were right not to get excited by their run of form mid year. Ken may make a fantastic home and away coach but his sides are often disappointing when it counts.

That's above the ears I think. There's no way they can go from looking competent to bottom 4 that easily if it's not mental.

This is exactly why everyone was saying Port fans were right not to get excited by their run of form mid year. Ken may make a fantastic home and away coach but his sides are often disappointing when it counts.

Agree to a large extent but as someone said, the i50 differential wasn't huge so I think personnel did come into it somewhat.

Final margin is a bit misleading too as Finals tend to blow out once there's a clear winner as one side puts an eye on next week.

Geelong are now into their 7th prelim in 9 years apparently. Only the 1 premiership from it. Shows how difficult it can be to go all the way.
Brisbane look similar to what we were. Close but not the stand out best side. A final boss in a video game.

Not winning the years you were clear best is what stings. Falling short when you were good but not best dissipates quickly

Agree to a large extent but as someone said, the i50 differential wasn't huge so I think personnel did come into it somewhat.

Final margin is a bit misleading too as Finals tend to blow out once there's a clear winner as one side puts an eye on next week.
Game plan wasn't great admittedly either. The uncontested figures are alarming to say the least.

Looked like workrate maybe? Didn't seem to want to/be able to shut the loose men down for the Cats.

Brisbane look similar to what we were. Close but not the stand out best side. A final boss in a video game.

Not winning the years you were clear best is what stings. Falling short when you were good but not best dissipates quickly
I think that's much easier to feel when you support a club that's well run.

Take us for instance, last year was our first prelim in forever. This year is a very long shot to see that again. In a way, it feels like we've missed our one big chance.

3 of our rejects who probably all wouldn't get a game atm all forward of centre, as well as a cooked Dixon and McEntee was a bit dire. Needed the midfield to fire and it didn't.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back