The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane look similar to what we were. Close but not the stand out best side. A final boss in a video game.

Not winning the years you were clear best is what stings. Falling short when you were good but not best dissipates quickly

Way to ramp up the nerves for me.

Watching the replay, thought Jack Henry was excellent but then realized he had Dixon and Esava as his opponents, you're not winning finals with those 2 up forward.

I think that's much easier to feel when you support a club that's well run.

Take us for instance, last year was our first prelim in forever. This year is a very long shot to see that again. In a way, it feels like we've missed our one big chance.
Shows how hard it is. You've recruited well for KPD, KPF, Ruck, mids, wing and still look like a side that needs everything go its way to win it when it matters.

Too many HBF and no good small forwards is the Achilles heal. And I get how it can be frustrating. Lots of our near misses have been because we're deficient in one area or other.

2013 still stings. Best side in it but Hawkins couldn't move, lost the ruck before finals and Chapman and Enright in September.

I think that's much easier to feel when you support a club that's well run.

Take us for instance, last year was our first prelim in forever. This year is a very long shot to see that again. In a way, it feels like we've missed our one big chance.
I know it’s an excuse, but this is one year I can truly say that injuries is the reason why we didn’t finish top 4. We’ve had some big names out, 4 or 5 of them at the same time, including 6 or 7 in game injuries against Hawthorn. An injury list that has contained 8+ players most weeks is just shocking. We haven’t been able to get our best team on the park at any stage.

I know it’s an excuse, but this is one year I can truly say that injuries is the reason why we didn’t finish top 4. We’ve had some big names out, 4 or 5 of them at the same time, including 6 or 7 in game injuries against Hawthorn. An injury list that has contained 8+ players most weeks is just shocking. We haven’t been able to get our best team on the park at any stage.
Na, not copping that. Our run of bad form started before the injuries, they just exacerbated it.

Don't forget we had a terrible run last year without the injuries.

Na, not copping that. Our run of bad form started before the injuries, they just exacerbated it.

Don't forget we had a terrible run last year without the injuries.

We have a soft underbelly as a playing group. You’re right that our bad form started before the injuries, games we were favourites to win were games we lost. Pretty much fell into the finals this year.

TIL that Nick Daicos is still to register a contested mark.
Even this shit scared lil pussy has 27 of them

Holy shit, I have been trying to find that video for ages but never remembered the players involved and typing in random key words into YouTube wasn’t helping.

I like the Hawks.
bitch slap slapping GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs gone.

How the same 4-5 clubs in this comp repeatedly regenerate and there's always 1-2 in contention is astounding.

Hawks are coming. Credit to them. None of this woe is me decade of abyss rebuilds like NM, Ess, Ade etc.
Went down, got lots of young talent, nailed a lot of picks and back up with a vengeance.

embarrassing from the dogs. belted in every aspect and after the first quarter didnt match the intensity. i know bont has struggled but surely you back a guy of his talent in to burst out for 10 mins instead of sticking him at half forward

embarrassing from the dogs. belted in every aspect and after the first quarter didnt match the intensity. i know bont has struggled but surely you back a guy of his talent in to burst out for 10 mins instead of sticking him at half forward
Weird thing is bont has been like this all year. Very patchy. Great in some games but struggled through others. Not really sure where the brownlow hype came from. He might get it on rep but not for having the best season.

Seriously underforming side given talent on paper.
plus a lack of strategy. why has libba or another mid not been putting blocks on nash or at least making it hard to get to bont? why have they done absolutely nothing about the switch from the hawks all night? why has no one told richards that his team is wearing blue?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back