The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Dogs gone.

How the same 4-5 clubs in this comp repeatedly regenerate and there's always 1-2 in contention is astounding.

Hawks are coming. Credit to them. None of this woe is me decade of abyss rebuilds like NM, Ess, Ade etc.
Went down, got lots of young talent, nailed a lot of picks and back up with a vengeance.
There are winner clubs such as the Hawks, Swans and Cats. Regardless of advantages, these clubs know what it takes to either rebuild swiftly or manage their lists well enough and recruit strategically to bounce back.

We are amongst the loser clubs with North, St Kilda, Freo, Carlton and Essendon because of ongoing incompetency that festers in an ooze of mediocrity or shitness.

fitting that ed richards once again misses the target again at the end there.

Usually the loser of a QF rebounds the following week after all the hype from the elimination final winner, in this case the hawks, but I can’t see how Port beat them next week.
Straight sets has become a lot more common in the last decade.

2014 x2
2023 x2

All saw it happen.

There are winner clubs such as the Hawks, Swans and Cats. Regardless of advantages, these clubs know what it takes to either rebuild swiftly or manage their lists well enough and recruit strategically to bounce back.

We are amongst the loser clubs with North, St Kilda, Freo, Carlton and Essendon because of ongoing incompetency that festers in an ooze of mediocrity or shitness.

It's true, you're all lame.

Man, watching the exuberance and arrogance (in a good way) of Watson and Ginnivan and how the Hawks embrace it yet we Rachele got hung out to dry by us.

Really paints a picture of where the two clubs sit out and what they value.

They are ahead of schedule Hawthorn and the improvement from the start of the season is insane, but overall their rebuild should be something other teams can achieve. They had missed finals for 5 years and hadn’t actually won a final since 2015. No doubt they are well run but it says a bit about how poorly some other clubs have managed.

Always think it’s interesting with say a Sydney. They’ve won 2 flags this century (lost 4 more grand finals I believe?) but have been there or thereabouts for the other seasons. Richmond won 3 but then have obviously not been as competitive outside of their dynasty.

My view will always be that 3 > 2 but I do appreciate that it’s enjoyable going and watching your team win most weeks. It’s not a bad consolation prize, even if it’s not the same number of premierships.

My view will always be that 3 > 2 but I do appreciate that it’s enjoyable going and watching your team win most weeks. It’s not a bad consolation prize, even if it’s not the same number of premierships.

I disagree, tbh. It takes all the emotion and excitement out of it knowing you are going to win every week. Taking the emotion and excitement out of football massively ruins the excitement for me. When you are a middle of the road team and rock up knowing a game is a genuine 50/50 or if you are in it late against a team you shouldn't be beating it is so much more enjoyable. At least in my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Giants have been very impressive.

The new clubs really couldn’t be any different.

GWS in their 13th year has made 7 finals, 3 top 4 finishes, 3 PF appearances (could be 4 soon) and a GF appearance

GCS in their 14th year haven’t made the finals. Highest finish of 12th.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back