The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Gees pick 3 is going to be a gun player. Crazy from Eagles considering their current situation
Draft is apparently quite deep, but very even in the first round.

Blues have given up quite a bit to get to pick 3, they would want to nail that pick.

12 & 14, plus F1 F2 to get 14 in the first place.

Draft is apparently quite deep, but very even in the first round.

Blues have given up quite a bit to get to pick 3, they would want to nail that pick.

12 & 14, plus F1 F2 to get 14 in the first place.
Apparently the plan is draft this year, FA's/trades next year (assuming not big name FA's due to cap constraints).

Which kind of makes sense knowing the draft will be compromised again soon.

I hope we haven’t done all of this just to go the boring route and draft Finn O’Sullivan just because he is Sam Walsh’s cousin. Sid Draper or Sam Lalor sound like they are exactly what we need and the former sounds like he can be a Round 1 starter. Hopefully every option is taken into consideration.

I was told yesterday Blues have a very tight salary, going to have to shed some players fairly cheap.

Looks like it could be Kemp and Kennedy

i was wrong. looks like pick 50 AND rory atkins is what is needed for the big trade.

I was told yesterday Blues have a very tight salary, going to have to shed some players fairly cheap.

We’ve already done so with Marchbank, Cuningham and Martin all being delisted. Owies is off the books and so is Kennedy now. I’d say close to $2M saved right there. All we are bringing in now are draftees and possibly a DFA. Hit free agency in 12 months is the plan.

I’ve seen the Kemp to Saints rumour (another SOS special lol), but can’t personally see it happening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’ve already done so with Marchbank, Cuningham and Martin all being delisted. Owies is off the books and so is Kennedy now. I’d say close to $2M saved right there. All we are bringing in now are draftees and possibly a DFA. Hit free agency in 12 months is the plan.

I’ve seen the Kemp to Saints rumour (another SOS special lol), but can’t personally see it happening.
There is no way that's close to 2m saved. Marchbank/Cuningham would've been on nothing. Martin's deal was front ended from memory so not much there. Owies wouldn't have been on a lot. Kennedy probably a bit more.

Would think it would be closer to 1.2ish at a guess.

Should I be happy or sad?

I reckon happy. He’s a decent player, not very quick but he will put in a decent shift and always gives 100%. He wants to be inside midfielder which I guess your club could provide. He was in our top 10 in the BNF this year, and he was awarded our best clubman award this year. So he’s a good character and much loved around Carlton.

There is no way that's close to 2m saved. Marchbank/Cuningham would've been on nothing. Martin's deal was front ended from memory so not much there. Owies wouldn't have been on a lot. Kennedy probably a bit more.

Would think it would be closer to 1.2ish at a guess.

You’ll be surprised how much it accumulates. The average salary in the league is $440,000 and these are all senior players who received extensions and increased salaries during their time at the club. But I am happy to give you this and say, $2m might be too high a guesstimate. But $1.2M @ $240,000 on average seems too low.

You’ll be surprised how much it accumulates. The average salary in the league is $440,000 and these are all senior players who received extensions and increased salaries during their time at the club. But I am happy to give you this and say, $2m might be too high a guesstimate. But $1.2M @ $240,000 on average seems too low.
Marchbank/Cuningham would've been on minimum deals. Unsure on Jack, you might be right there. With what Owies was chasing, I tend to believe he'd have been on a small deal.

I do think Kennedy was probably north of 600k.

You may well be right.

Marchbank/Cuningham would've been on minimum deals. Unsure on Jack, you might be right there. With what Owies was chasing, I tend to believe he'd have been on a small deal.

I do think Kennedy was probably north of 600k.

You may well be right.

I reckon we should meet in the middle and say $1.6M. Just to be safe. :p

Today I finally understand what it's like to be a United fan over the past decade. Watching sheer incompetence ruin the club you support.

You don't remember the Hicks and Gillett days?

Would happily take Kemp.
Won't happen though.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back