The Association Football AFL Thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Just on the GWS issue, it’s not totally private as there was bar staff present. Club was supposedly alerted by anonymous source and club’s investigation found nothing illegal but they didn’t take it any further. So AFL came in over the top. NSW gaming authority now also investigating

Even though it was not illegal it was very poor from the players. They undergo training for what’s right and acceptable yet feel it’s ok to make fun of rape, sexual assault and mass murder?

Cats have a dress up every year and they don’t seem to resort to same level of stupidity. No wonder GWS women’s team weren’t too impressed.
Oh yeah?

1729215703690.png

Nothing wrong with dressing up as an underage girl? Under the circumstances they found themselves in...

Yeah, ok.
She was of legal age wasn’t she? Was Nixon ever charged of anything?

Nothing wrong with dressing up as an underage girl? Under the circumstances they found themselves in...

Yeah, ok.
She was 17 and if there was that big a problem with it we'd have been stopped doing mad Monday since. Instead we still do it well each year.

In fact only two days ago ranting about GWS Kane Cornes acknowledged were the only club that know how to do it properly.

Just on the GWS issue, it’s not totally private as there was bar staff present. Club was supposedly alerted by anonymous source and club’s investigation found nothing illegal but they didn’t take it any further. So AFL came in over the top. NSW gaming authority now also investigating

Even though it was not illegal it was very poor from the players. They undergo training for what’s right and acceptable yet feel it’s ok to make fun of rape, sexual assault and mass murder?

Cats have a dress up every year and they don’t seem to resort to same level of stupidity. No wonder GWS women’s team weren’t too impressed.

It wasn't even bar staff at the event though, it was someone watching on CCTV or something.

I think you're quietly doing a mini reset and that's fine but you've have lost 42 goals also off the list, and imo won't be better in 2025 than 2024. Rosa's language is even conditioning bombers fan for this eventuality and softening them fanbase up for a middling 2025.

It's a loss on the basis that Essendon have been building a list for a while now, haven't played much finals lately and clubs around them have all improved their lists. Most finalists have improved their lists as well. So can't see 2025 being better than 2024.
Entirely not the part I was addressing lmao

She was 17 and if there was that big a problem with it we'd have been stopped doing mad Monday since. Instead we still do it well each year.

In fact only two days ago ranting about GWS Kane Cornes acknowledged were the only club that know how to do it properly.
She was 16.

Sure, tell yourself whatever you'd like to to justify it. Dressing up as a 16 year old that clearly had issues is ****ing gross.

Your never ending defence of anything Geelong is almost admirable.

You know it's ok you to admit that the club doesn't get everything right...

It's wild it even has to be explained that it's inappropriate.

It's still illegal if in a position of power.
Wasn’t charged though. I’m certainly not justifying it, Nixon is a creepy f***wit. But yeah second thoughts probably poor taste from Cats players.

Not really doing anything to change the perception that Geelong is like a cult where everyone is treated like “family” and outsiders have to run for their lives if they ever have the misfortunate of their car breaking down in Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would too if someone who follows the game on a superficial level was revelling in the contrasting successes of both Perth clubs.

Success is a fine margins thing. St.Kilda were a poster in '09 and the bounce of the ball in '10 from being B2B premiers and one of the more successful teams in the AFL era.

Collingwood probably win a couple more flags without the 10 year rule, and if Harmes/Sheldon is correctly called OOB. But have less if there was no GF challenge during their 4-peat.

Your first two flags were gifted by the generous concessions on entry. Only won in '06 narrowly. Sheed could have shanked that shot and you're sitting here flagless.

In essence you have little idea about this game, so to lecture others on success is a little hard to take
I love how condescending you are. You dont know me at all so you have no idea how much I study the game or its history or if I am in fact a superficial fan. You know **** all but you choose to decide who I am to suit your narrative.

The rest of your post is just if your aunty had balls she'd be your uncle.

If's and but's and excuses.

Successful teams are successful.

Freo arent a successful club. West Coast are. That's just the facts of it mate.

Have a lovely day.

I love how condescending you are. You dont know me at all so you have no idea how much I study the game or its history or if I am in fact a superficial fan. You know **** all but you choose to decide who I am to suit your narrative.

The rest of your post is just if your aunty had balls she'd be your uncle.

If's and but's and excuses.

Successful teams are successful.

Freo arent a successful club. West Coast are. That's just the facts of it mate.

Have a lovely day.
According to the made up "jod" scale. Collingwood are such a successful club... that's why they have won 3 flags in 65 years. They were successful, then they weren't. Who would have thought there were such things as Ebbs and flows. Like how Liverpool were successful, then for 30 years they were mainly irrelevant. Use your brain for once.

I am now on team Chad Warner to West Coast.

Should be a hilarious next 12 months on here.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Association Football AFL Thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back