The Australian 6/8 - Teflon Dons escape drug bans

Remove this Banner Ad

Well theres plenty of alternatives.

1) Move on with your life (providing you have one) and let the investigation take its course
2) Pull your head out of the sand and realise that the case isnt as clear cut as you wish it was (because if it was, it would have already been completed)
3) Form a marching band and sign songs about how Essendon are cheats

how shall we stop everyone booing poor brave jobe every week?

But admitted to being surprised at the number of injections he had so WTF were they. Neither he, the EFC or even you can say that.

Fact

What athlete signs a consent form to be injected multiple times in off site botox clinics and doesn't check everything listed in that form?

Run it by their managers, lawyers, club officials, COACH, ASADA, AFLPA, family etc???

Now everybody at the EFC have severe memory loss, suffer from naivety syndrome and coincidentally had a very well defined period of non documentation and governance breakdowns.

This is the incredible scenario that the public must swallow hook line and sinker.

Its all the rogues fault

Even bombers supporters would find this scenario incredible to accept, if they were honest with themselves

I'm not really one way or the other, but until we actually read the 400 page report, we're all nuffers to believe anything written in the press, pro-Essendon, pro-AFL, pro-destroying Essendong, pro-sport, pro-the moon or otherwise...

True...to a point.

Whately is the biggest Pollyanna out - if he sees nothing there - take it as read.

When there is a final report then it will be referred to ADVRP who will decide if infractions should be issued.

There are lots of shades of grey, but some yes/no answer along the way. Will Infraction notices be issues? Yes/No.

Then grey appears again, what type of substance, is it a specified substance, can the player defend himself? Which again at the end becomes a yes/not answer. Is the player suspended? Yes/No.

Then grey again If so for how long?
what more is the "final" report going to have, outside of potential Dank documentation that the ACC already have and ASADA would be aware of?

This "interim" report is the product of 6 months of investigation. ASADA are now stopping dealing with the AFL and dealing with the NRL.

I know it's technically possible, but as an Essendon supporter if infractions aren't issued soon then I am pretty comfortable they won't be at all.

Everything points to no players receiving infractions. Now you can stick your head in the sand and continue to look like a goose or perhaps you can start dealing with the realities of what this report will contain.

Personally if I were you I'd probably not post on here for a while given the number of posts you have gotten wrong on this topic over the past 6 months. Surely they will number in the thousands when all is said and done.

Settle down big boy, this thing ain't over. You're still on record as having the worst prediction made here:

I tell you what will happen.

Nobody will be suspended, nobody senior will resign.

The story will be forgotten as soon as footy starts next week - its even starting to shrink back into its shell now going by the make up of both the HUN and The Age today.

1. Story has been running for 7 months! According to you it was going back into its shell in February.
2. CEO, President gone and a number of other people at the club. Your club has been nearly cleaned out of its administration.

Wait and see on whether anyone gets suspended. If Hird "stands down" will we take this as a suspension in lieu of AFL action?

For someone who called time on this story in February, you seem a bit hasty in doing so now.

Have we heard from any other parents? I don't think so? This goes against everything I've heard?? But that's just what I've heard, no fact.

Yes, it is perplexing from Tim.
Essendon have confirmed that they do not know what the players have taken, how can he be so comfortable about it?
Lets say that Jobe was injected with AOD, surely the fact that it has not been cleared for theraputic human is enough for a parent to have real concerns.

What athlete signs a consent form to be injected multiple times in off site botox clinics and doesn't check everything listed in that form?

Run it by their managers, lawyers, club officials, COACH, ASADA, AFLPA, family etc???

Now everybody at the EFC have severe memory loss, suffer from naively syndrome and coincidentally had a very well defined period of non documentation and governance breakdowns.

This is the incredible scenario that the public must swallow hook line and sinker.

Its all the rogues fault

it's a side-effect of the drugs dude ;)

Ah,ok.So the same reports that are bullshit if they don't say what you want them too.

I get it now

Well, in fact, pretty much all the known commentators are pulling the same way on this one, including those originally only too keen to put the boot in.

We know there was a six month investigation - with the full cooperation of the AFL and Essendon.

We know there is a 400 page report, and it is now emerging from a variety of sources that there are no smoking guns in there.

People might like to believe that ASADA will continue the investigation in perpetuity - but I doubt it.

it's a side-effect of the drugs dude ;)

...but I heard that dementia medication was also used to improve quick decision making and alertness by the players. Perhaps they got the vitamin C and dementia injections mixed up. MAy be spike was right?

I want to hear more from spike, he will sort this whole mess out in no time

According to Whately, the only thing missing is the Executive Summary, otherwise - it's all done and dusted.

The report will not be completed until they get Danks statement. This may be why sanctions will be delayed, Dank was the only person responsible for purchasing and administering the substances. Anyone else's statements will not give a conclusive answer as to what was injected and to who. It would be too easy for EFC to defend if ASADA cannot conclusively say who got what.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally if I were you I'd probably not post on here for a while given the number of posts you have gotten wrong on this topic over the past 6 months. Surely they will number in the thousands when all is said and done.
Looked in the mirror Trippy?

would you believe it's a fair and level playing field if Saad gets 2 years for a protein shake and Essendon players get nothing even though the captain and spiked mcveigh have admitted to various injections?(including 1 known prohibited substance)

Spiked was smart enough not to mention any names of drugs he was injected with but after maintaining all year they were vitamins has now said he knows what they were but won't say until the findings are over.

Reeks of lies,half-truths and innuendo from Bombers top to bottom

what more is the "final" report going to have, outside of potential Dank documentation that the ACC already have and ASADA would be aware of?

This "interim" report is the product of 6 months of investigation. ASADA are now stopping dealing with the AFL and dealing with the NRL.

I know it's technically possible, but as an Essendon supporter if infractions aren't issued soon then I am pretty comfortable they won't be at all.

None of us know what is in the "interim" report, so how are we to know what is going to be the "final" report. The Hun seems to be suggesting that "interim" report does not given cover the drug issues, just governance issues. Which makes one wonder why ASADA would be investigating governance issues.

It is very disapointing that all of us were hopeing for some sort of conculsion, only to have it fade away like a mirage. Typical for federal public servants, they are still writting the report on the great depression.

Well if article is correct there can’t be enough evidence in 13000 documents for asada to make a strong enough case against the players’

Another fine investment of our tax dollars

No it just means there is another key party to be interviewed before they can finalise the investigation.

In regards to coaches and other at the club it is different as they are covered by AFL rules such as bringing the game into disrepute, and nothing Dank could say would affect the outcome of that.

In all seriousness, ASADA need to be left alone to conduct the investigation without all parties leaking shit or working out deals that requires interim reports to be produced by certain time-frames. Just leave them be to finish it in as much time as they need.

And if that means that Essendon and the players get off because they either did nothing wrong or there wasn't enough incriminating evidence. I've always said the players should get off but WADA does not want that to happen. However, if they have no evidence (or even on the balance of probability) they committed an offense then leave them be and let's get on with it.

But FFF, just leave them be. And that includes the farking media who have played this out beautifully to suit their needs. I'm not saying this wasn't a major story as it was one of the biggest ever. But it's done and dusted with regards to any new news now so stop the leaks AFL and EFC and let ASADA do their job.

The report will not be completed until they get Danks statement. This may be why sanctions will be delayed, Dank was the only person responsible for purchasing and administering the substances. Anyone else's statements will not give a conclusive answer as to what was injected and to who. It would be too easy for EFC to defend if ASADA cannot conclusively say who got what.

Well in that case...

AS I said - done and dusted.

well think about it, what do they have to go on?

WADA don't do the investigation do they? So how can they know if there's anything to act upon? They can't, they are reliant on their local body who are actually doing the investigation

which is why WADA will have been looking over ASADA's shoulder along the way and making clear what they expect them to be doing as part of the investigation as well as looking over the report etc before being released.

Don't? Give a shit if he gets booed. Doesn't seem to affect his performance on the field. The only people that really seem to care about the booing his Luke Darcy and Bigfooty posters.

Last night your assistant coach said the poor brave players are mentality fatigued given the cheating, and Jobe was crying. So there must be some negativeeffect. How can we move on from this without forming a band?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Australian 6/8 - Teflon Dons escape drug bans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back