Streaming The Bear

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

I love this show, genuinely. Ritchie's character arc has actually inspired me irl, every second counts as he finds purpose, beautiful.

Forks is one of the greatest ever episodes of television, period.

Fight me.

Beerfish is angling for one lol.

But seriously, not many TV episodes captured me like that. Yeah, no Forks standard episodes this season but still a lot of character development. Think some forget that the kitchen is the background and setting, not the main driver of the show.

I think we will need to see S3 in the context of the whole series when it is complete.

It was the consolidation season of the business where all the jigsaw pieces came together.

The food and kitchen scenes were filmed like a Cookbook; just quality but I did find whole episodes or parts thereof where we had full screen face’s disconcerting

Finished. It got better as it went on and overall it was fine but I don't get people exploding in their pants over it.

Thank you for your unscripted hot take.

S1 and S2 had multiple jism worthy episodes imo. If you're referring to S3 then okay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well he has H.Reid so he can do as he pleases
Confused Betty White GIF by MOODMAN

Well Season 3 was a step back in every way imagineable.

Nothing happens. There's an abundance of flashbacks and it's hard to know what's present and isn't. There are constant montages of Carmy being miserable and depressed. We get it. The episode his sister has a baby and bonds with the mum is a total bore and it took me 3 attempts to get through it. Episode 1 and 2 were fantastic and the show got off to a great start but I can honestly say nothing memorable happens. None of the episodes live up to the family dinner one in Season 2 or the chaotic The Beef episode from Season 1. Cousin, the best character in the show, has nothing to do and is lost. Final episode is kinda good though. At least they finished on somewhat of a high.

I sincerely hope they have big plans for Season 4 because this was honestly pathetic from a pretty good show.

Last edited:
Wow that’s a hot take!

Also, I thought the episode with the mum helping Sugar with the baby was one of the best episodes of all seasons.
Yeah good ep and I didn’t mind the season but very few memorable moments and dare I say a little too much pad filling

I can’t stand pregnancy scenes in movies and TV. Maybe that’s on me.

It also wasn't for me but I appreciate the art behind it. Would not rewatch, though.

It was middling for a The Bear season, which in itself based on S1 and S2 is already at an exceedingly high standard. This one I felt was all about character development of Sugar, the mum, Tina, Marcus and of course Syd and Carmy. And they did need that (the first four in particular). I can empathise with those that found S3 a slog, though.

This season was very much setting up several things but had no pay off on any of them so I think that has frustrated a view viewers.

Carmy is virtually “stuck” and has closed himself off to everything except the performance of the restaurant. That’s left unresolved issues with Syd, Ritchie, his family, his finances and Claire.

I think the showmakers are deliberately making the viewer feel that sense of frustration of being stuck. There’s obviously a lot of pay off to come - good and bad.

It feels like part 1 of a season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back