NFL The Best QB of All Time: Poll

Who is the Best NFL QB of all time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

ridiculous
Manning had every convenience given to him yet repeatedly choked time and time again, so much so that his two Super Bowl wins, arguably, were because he was carried by his defenses. I'll happily argue Elway over Manning.

Manning had every convenience given to him yet repeatedly choked time and time again, so much so that his two Super Bowl wins, arguably, were because he was carried by his defenses. I'll happily argue Elway over Manning.
Saying they have no business in the top 5 is ridiculous

If Elway had Davis his whole career he'd be indisputably the GOAT. Just like if Brady only had Belichick for 5 or so years he be seen as a perennial choker who miraculously won 2 SB's at the beginning/end of his career on the kl back of Belichick

If Elway had Davis his whole career he'd be indisputably the GOAT. Just like if Brady only had Belichick for 5 or so years he be seen as a perennial choker who miraculously won 2 SB's at the beginning/end of his career on the kl back of Belichick
No, it's really not. Neither have have any business being in the discussion for top 5 and your Broncos bias is clouding your judgement. Elway, on second thought, perhaps I'd be willing to reconsider.

God Level - Tom Brady
Arguable GOATS - Joe Montana, Dan Marino
Understands Football History Top 5 - take your pick of Bart Starr, Johnny Unitas, Fran Tarkenton, Roger Staubach, Otto Graham, Sammy Baugh.

Randall Cunningham and Warren Moon are two of my personal favourites, if only for what they could do on a football field, but that's not enough to get them into my top 5.

FTR, I agree with most posters who argue Marino is the goat, if only for his skill but the reality is at the highest level, rings count. It's why LeBron, for all his physical gifts, will never match or surpass MJ.

I've definitely come around to this way of thinking...

Name me a QB that has won the Superbowl with a piss-poor defense?? It just doesn't happen. So yeah, it's probably not the most accurate way to judge QBs. All QBs need a competent defense to win a Superbowl, no matter who they are, or how good they are.

Guys like Brady, Manning, Marino, Montana, probably have the best QB brains we're ever likely to see. But they had/have physical limitations to their games that they overcome because their mental game is out of this world.

My choice doesn't change though... he's got the best of everything!

Steve Young won TWO MVP's in three years when the game was UNDER the watch of the best NFL commish: Paul Tagliabue.. something worth noting fuey. ;) And the bad ass Defenders that Steve Young needed to counter: Lawrence Taylor, Kevin Greene, Reggie White, Cortez Kennedy, John Randle, Deion Sanders, Leroy Butler, Darrell Greene, Chris Doleman… most of those elected to 1990's ALL-DECADE team were from the NFC!!

The opposing QB's were damn good too.. and there wasn't just three or four of them.

Brady was up against SKUNK QB's this season… as great as BB/ TB are and will forever be remembered for 'subjective SB MVP awards' …it's the real season MVP's up against NFL LEGENDS who are either already in CANTON or are set to be inducted in the next 2-10 years.

Steve Young has 10 NFL records plus another 11 with the 49ers…. that's pretty damn good considering SY isn't noted as the 49ers greatest QB.

btw: The Patriots D and Adam Vinatieri are suddenly the 'forgotten guys' who put Brady in the position to be establish his greatness. Shame on the NFL media who have shallow memories…. game manager QB couldn't even outplay Eli Manning. Just sayin'

Last edited:
Consider everyone feels almost obligated to put Marino in the top 5 despite him not winning anything and the others they have in the top 5 are all there mainly due to how many rings they won, that's what most of you keep talking abouabout which further emphasizes how much greater Marino is to those given that he's right there with them without winning anything.

Take away their rings and suddenly they aren't in the Marino standard conversation. Or give Marino 2 or three rings and there'd be no competition whatsoever to Marino's status.

This is a false equivalence. Otto Graham had Paul Brown as coach. Does this diminish Grahams output?

Does Marino get judged differently because Don Shula was his coach?

No. Its a rubbish argument

It doesn't diminish anything. You don't get it, sorry
Oh I get it allright, you are a Brady hater. Anything to twist Elway and Peyton Manning into some sort of relevance. I'm calling you out.

You cannot use BB to deflect Bradys achievements. Unless you are willing to do so for others

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why does ausbacker talk like he thinks he knows everything?

Two SB wins carried by indy/Denver defence?

I mean, in the 06 championship game. They overcame a 21-3 deficit. In the SB, it was the offence being able to hold the ball with long drives that were the biggest factor.

Then last year, the Denver defence gets all the credit. But the first drive fg was also a big factor to settle into the game.

It's one thing that like one QB or another. But he's making Manning out to be John Kitna level or something...

If there were a Mount Rushmore of the NFL, which four people would grace it?
Otto graham
Jerry rice
Barry sanders
Tom Brady

Kurt Warner
Steve Young
Warren Moon
Norm Van Brocklin
Sammy Baugh
Ben Roethlisberger
Kenny Stabler
Kenny Anderson
Joe Namath
Bert Jones
Roger Staubach
Fran Tarkenton
Bernie Kosar
Brian Sipe

(no order there, just further names to try to sort after Brees>Kelly>Elway)
Take joe Namath out of that list.
I'd take Vincent young over him.

I should have said
Tom Brady (goat player)
Bill belichick (arguably goat coach)
Robert kraft (goat owner)
Adam viniateri (gotta keep it in the family and keep it great)

Its such a hard question.

For so long I thought Joe Montana was the best QB I had ever seen, he was once in a generation player.

But how can you compare him to todays QB's - its just to hard to do.

Maybe it should never be GOAT but Greatest of a Generation - GOG.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL The Best QB of All Time: Poll

Back