The best ruck-rover duo.

Remove this Banner Ad

To anyone who questions Watson's disposal. Against collingwood he had 2 clangers, I remember one center break where he got the tap from Hille, ran straight out of the pack and kicked it lace out to Lloyd 30 meters away.
Yeah, certainly has improved his disposal this year.

Might want to check the definitions of the stats providers.

I'm guessing your stats are from Prowess, Lyon's from Champion Data.
No one is right or wrong in this case, just different definitions.

Prowess (if I remember correctly) give the clearance to the person who gets the first clear disposal that leads to a clearance. Champion Data give it to the player that clears the ball.

IE - Watson wins ball, handballs and releases to Stanton who kicks inside 50.
Champion - Watson gets 1st Possession and Stanton gets the clearance.
Prowess - Watson gets both.

That would be fine, if these weren't statistics involving two players.
Watson rotates on and off the field as much as any other midfielder, he also rests forward for periods of the game.

Regardless of what game time Hille plays, he can't tap to Watson if he's out of the midfield.

Hille has also had the highest percentage of hitouts to advantage over the past 5 weeks, a statistic which makes game time redundant.
Other way round.

To anyone who questions Watson's disposal. Against collingwood he had 2 clangers, I remember one center break where he got the tap from Hille, ran straight out of the pack and kicked it lace out to Lloyd 30 meters away.
Its easy to pick 1 example of Watsons disposal but have a look at his disposal throughout the year in many other games before you come up with garbage like that

Its easy to pick 1 example of Watsons disposal but have a look at his disposal throughout the year in many other games before you come up with garbage like that

Being an Essendon supporter he watches Watson week in, week out. How many times have you watched Essendon (Watson in particular) this year?

I'm tipping once.

I love how all of the sudden all you dons fans love hille after having bagged him for years as for watson he's great at getting the pill but defensively hopeless. no tackling no speed, very easy to tag out of the game

Very easy to tag out of the game, yet he's been averaging bucket loads of contested possessions for the greater part of the season.

What about Jarryd McVeigh...didn't you guys want him delisted at the start of the season? :rolleyes:

I love how all of the sudden all you dons fans love hille after having bagged him for years as for watson he's great at getting the pill but defensively hopeless. no tackling no speed, very easy to tag out of the game

He doesn't need to be quick...half the side is...all he has to do is get the ball to where the speed is.

Handy having a footy brain too (i.e. knowing where to get the ball, how to get it, and do something with it).

Lays a fair share of tackles too, but, others do more so that is a help (Welsh as an example).

Fair old genes to boot.

I can't believe how much flak Jobe Watson gets on this forum - so he's not the best kick. He gets the ball as well as anybody in the league, and his handpassing and vision is excellent.
Maybe the best in-and-under player in the league.
------------------

As John McEnroe was wont to say : "YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!!"

Back to the point: Anyone know how well did Hille and Watson have done against the (say) top four sides?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back to the point: Anyone know how well did Hille and Watson have done against the (say) top four sides?

Against hawks Watson didn't play.

Against Swans, Watson didn't play.

Against doggies Hille had 21 possessions, 9 marks, 2 goals. Watson had 20 possessions, 6 tackles.

Against geelong Hille had 23 possesions, 11 marks, 1 goal 2 behinds. Watson had 12 possesions, 2 tackles, 3 behind (I believe he was injured and tagged by Ling thus played the game out of the goal square).

Against hawks Watson didn't play.

Against Swans, Watson didn't play.

Against doggies Hille had 21 possessions, 9 marks, 2 goals. Watson had 20 possessions, 6 tackles.

Against geelong Hille had 23 possesions, 11 marks, 1 goal 2 behinds. Watson had 12 possesions, 2 tackles, 3 behind (I believe he was injured and tagged by Ling thus played the game out of the goal square).

Ill add that in the matches against dogs and Geelong each time Hille had equal highest contested possessions.

Wow.... Just because he is playing well now doesn't mean people weren't justified in criticizing him when he had flaws in his game.

Also if Watson is easy to tag out of a game how come he hasn't had under 20 disposals since round 3 this year.

Two games under 20 disposals this year (one in which he was injured) and second at the club for tackles. Yep, he's really easy to tag out and he's terrible at applying defensive pressure.

I noticed on footy classified that Campbell/Mitchell from the Hawks is the 4th ranked in that stat that Hille/Watson are leading.

Not a bad effort considering Campbell and Taylor split the ruck 50/50.

I noticed on footy classified that Campbell/Mitchell from the Hawks is the 4th ranked in that stat that Hille/Watson are leading.

Campbell is very underated.

Give credit to Hille and Watson on turning their careers around but i would take Cox and Kerr, Ottens and Ablett, Charman and Black anyday of the weekk.

You might want read the earlier post by Longy in regards to this.

Moved onto someone else after Stanton had 32 against your mob and kicked 3 goals to go with his 7 tackles?
No not really Stanton is still average.Has had a very ordinary year has Stants and has only played well the last month but you would only pick the good games he has played well in to highlight a point.

Remove this Banner Ad

The best ruck-rover duo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back