Which team has the best ruck duo 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Gawn kicked more goals than Jackson despite playing far more ruck time. Jackson is far better utilised around the ground, has very little forward craft at this stage.

Darcy also kicked less goals than Gawn, and averages less over his career, too. So not entirely sure how either have prowess up forward, especially when Gawn doubles Darcy's career average for contested marks and nearly doubles his marks in general.
Jackson has kicked 13 goals this year. Gawn has kicked 6.

Unexpected result on the weekend. Darcy injured early and Jackson the most damaging from all 4 rucks involved yesterday. Gawn and Brodie racked up good stats but both had no big impact somehow.

Don't know about best, but Reeves and Meek are making it hard for opposition. Both under 25 years old. They've got a good few years to build towards #1

Meek is criminally underrated. He wasnt great by any stretch but he held his own against most rucks. plus he tired his guts out.

Same reason many fans like Jono Griffin at the dockers from 2011-17.
I said it during the trade period, Meek should have been Melbourne's target over Grundy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the verdict on the Gawn Grundy combo?
I know Gawn has been injured a bit but not sure if it's been the success story some people were expecting

Yeah they aren’t exactly setting the world on fire.

Half time against the Blues duo of TDK and JSOS and they only have 8 extra hit outs.

Max is a great contested mark which helps in defence and he can kick goals too (kicked the sealer tonight?), which having Brody frees him up to do this. Grundy’s had a few ok games and some good ones for his part. Ideally Grundy extends Max’s career, so it’s a bit early to tell if it’s worked but so far, so good.

We have much bigger problems than that.

I know Gawn has been injured a bit but not sure if it's been the success story some people were expecting

Turning out exactly like 99% of pies supporters would've told you in November.

Gawn is star and Grundy got paid and mails it in.

I'll take Cox over Grundy everyday of the week.

Deez, and that’s why they won’t win a flag with them. Spending so much cap on ruckmen is dumb and obsolete. we got it done with Nank/Grigg/Soldo combos, WC didn’t play Nic Nat in the GF, Geelong 22 hawk 13-15 didn’t have the best ruckmen either. Even this year pies are flying without a dominant ruckman.

Dees in 2021 got it done with a lesser ruckman than Grundy too.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Which team has the best ruck duo 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back