Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 16, 2006
Queensland
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Jack Darling
I saw this on another sports forum and wondered if it could work on Bigfooty-

Basically, you throw a hypothetical into the mix and predict the ladder from that point on to the end of the season.

You could say,

Fevola leaves Carlton due to his wife taking out a contract on his life for his infidelity, and he moves to Perth where he takes a two year contract playing for the Fremantle dockers. Dockers give up pick 12.

Fremantle would then finish 4th as Pav and Fev would be too much up forward for even the best defence. Otherwise they finish 12th. Win for both clubs. :cool:

You should update the ladder after every hypothetical

Hawthorn
Geelong
North Melbourne
Fremantle
St Kilda
Adelaide
Bulldogs
Brisbane

Richmond (9th)
Collingwood
Sydney
Port Adelaide
West Coast
Carlton
Essendon
Melbourne

Next hypothetical....

if the first hypo materialises..

Fevola and Tarrant caught having sword fights on a Fremantle fish and chip shop window. Hasleby, Ibbotson & Palmer refuse to play with the dunny duo and quit. Freo's engine room takes a hit, either they finish outright last or last on percentage.

What if Judd had stayed at the Eagles?

Would fans still be confident of Carlton playing finals (and in some peoples opinion, finishing top four)?

(I realise west coast we're decimated by injuries and suspensions), but would they (eagles) have finished higher than 15th?

Would fev have kicked that many with out a player like Judd in the midfield?

Would the two clubs had drafted the same way?

(IMO the two clubs would have finished round the same. maybe a spot lower for carlton, and a spot up for the eagles.. but no dramatic change, but who knows)

I saw this on another sports forum and wondered if it could work on Bigfooty-

Basically, you throw a hypothetical into the mix and predict the ladder from that point on to the end of the season.

You could say,

Fevola leaves Carlton due to his wife taking out a contract on his life for his infidelity, and he moves to Perth where he takes a two year contract playing for the Fremantle dockers. Dockers give up pick 12.

Fremantle would then finish 4th as Pav and Fev would be too much up forward for even the best defence. Otherwise they finish 12th. Win for both clubs. :cool:

You should update the ladder after every hypothetical

Hawthorn
Geelong
North Melbourne
Fremantle
St Kilda
Adelaide
Bulldogs
Brisbane

Richmond (9th)
Collingwood
Sydney
Port Adelaide
West Coast
Carlton
Essendon
Melbourne

Next hypothetical....

Cousins, Richo, Deledio, Foley and Tuck found smoking crack at Roberta Williams house. All five are kicked out of the club and replaced by a few from Coburg. Richmond from 9th to 15th.

Fremantle just did not live up to the Hype
------------------------------------------

Hawthorn
Geelong
Collingwood
Bulldogs
St Kilda
Brisbane
Richmond
Port Adelaide

Carlton
West Coast
North Melbourne
Adelaide
Sydney
Essendon
Melbourne
Fremantle

There You Go

davo You did it Wrong mate try Again LatEr

Gary Ablett found dead after drowning in a pool of tears when he wasn't named BOG in the first intra club.

North Melbourne
Geelong
Fremantle
Hawthorn
St Kilda
Adelaide
Bulldogs
Brisbane

Richmond (9th)
Collingwood
Sydney
Port Adelaide
West Coast
Carlton
Essendon
Melbourne

Nth move to the top. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mick Malthouse quits to look after his grandkid so Christy can commentate-Laidley leaves the Roos to follow Leigh Brown to Collingwood, taking Hale, Petrie and McIntosh.

That's right Collingwood- genuine Talls......

Geelong
Fremantle
Collingwood
Hawthorn
St Kilda
Adelaide
Bulldogs
Brisbane

Richmond (9th)
Sydney
Port Adelaide
West Coast
North Melbourne
Carlton
Essendon
Melbourne

Mick Malthouse quits to look after his grandkid so Christy can commentate-Laidley leaves the Roos to follow Leigh Brown to Collingwood, taking Hale, Petrie and McIntosh.

That's right Collingwood- genuine Talls......

Geelong
Fremantle
Collingwood
Hawthorn
St Kilda
Adelaide
Bulldogs
Brisbane

Richmond (9th)
Sydney
Port Adelaide
West Coast
North Melbourne
Carlton
Essendon
Melbourne

HA HA Very Funny those Laidly was an Understudy of MM at Collingwood

collingwood get hit with a flurry of injuries leaving only 23 fit players on the list after seeking permison from the afl strauchnie begins playing regular footy for the pies.

What if Judd had stayed at the Eagles?

Would fans still be confident of Carlton playing finals (and in some peoples opinion, finishing top four)?

Lets face it, without Judd Carlton would probably have finished 13-14 this year, probably above Melbourne, Freo and Port but the WCE wouldn't have given up so early and probably would have finished above Carlton. So I would say Carlton finishes 13th

(I realise west coast we're decimated by injuries and suspensions), but would they (eagles) have finished higher than 15th?

I would say the WCE finishes 12th

Would fev have kicked that many with out a player like Judd in the midfield?

Probably not, but we would still be very Fev-centric ad he would still have got 80+

Would the two clubs had drafted the same way?

Obviously not ............. Last year we would have still had #3 and #20, so would have picked up Kreuzer, (Tigers would have snatched up Cotchin's still) and probably picked up a young midfielder such as Palmer or Morton at #3. We would still have Kennedy so would probably have gone for either another KPP or Defender at #20, so lets say they also took Notte with #20. We would still have got Browne with our last pick. (Hadley would still have been traded for IMO)

So we would be down a Judd but would still have Palmer/Morton in the midfield, Kennedy and Notte as developing KPP and our young backline would still be the same.

This year we probably would have recruited fairly similarly to how we already did. As I said, we probably would have finished down the ladder at #13 so we would have had #4, #22, #38, #54, #66 and #78 (roughly). Warnock may not have "demanded" to be traded to Carlton, so lets assume we will still have all these picks available. We would still be a ruck short, along with a KPP and some more class in the midfield required.

We probably still would have gone for a one of Hurley/Hartlett/Rich/Yarren with #4. Each would provide something we would be lacking (another solid Defender/Class midfielder/another Forward option). I think Yarren would still be taken to add another dimension to our forward line, which would consist of Fev/Kennedy/Betts/Fisher with Notte still developing in the Ants.

If all stayed the same in the draft then Trentgrove would be a great pick up at #22 as a key defender, similar to Hurley (We would have been kicking ourselves). That said, Ratten has said that he rated Robinson at #9 on our wish list so he may have been taken at #22 too. Alternatively we would still be 1 ruck option short as no Warnock so a ruck may have been looked at for #22 (I don't know the ruck stocks available in the draft well enough to slot one in here, but an older ruckman may have been drafted to support Cloke/Hammer/Kreuzer for a year or 2).

If Trengove is selected at #22 then Robinson would differnetly go at #38, and Ratten would be over the moon (as he was when we got him at #40). #54 would probably still be used on O'Keefe who we had in our top 25 for the draft, but it may have been used in a trade for a ruckman, Tiller would probably still been grabbed with #66 and our last pick passed on for a spot in the PSD.

So as a whole I would think that our drafting this year would have remained relatively unaffected, except we may/may not have got Warnock to the club, but probably would still have drafted Yarren, Robinson and O'Keefe with the #22 pick of Trengrove and/or another ruckman the main variations.

All in all I don't think the Judd recruitment would have affected our drafting too much this year.

Here is what I think would have happened

paul roos takes the flood to a new level; the tsunami!
drowns everyone but ninthmond and adam hunter, halls bitch. hunters mullet and ego take 2nd-8th, richmond to take nineth (duh)

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bigfooty Hypothetical Laddder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back