The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and if these comments are anything to go by then we can rule out VVD and Salah and start to look in the bargain bin. Clichy is available for free!

Our new CEO Peter Moore ladies and gentlemen!!

"You can expect the team to be strengthened, but we won't be spending £100 million just because Manchester City has spent £100 million."

"We will not be spending money just to keep up with the neighbours," declared Moore. "We might spend £100m, who knows, but it will not be because one or more of our competitors has done so. We want to invest sensibly and securely, because that is how businesses grow."

"Everyone wants to see massive money but my business background is buying talent at the right price," says Moore. "We have a kid called Philippe Coutinho who cost £8m, and he is as good as other guys around the league who cost four or five times as much. What I am about, and what I believe this club is about, is making good business decisions."

"I trust [sporting director] Michael Edwards implicitly to do a value proposition of a particular player and say, based on the data analytics we have on them and the comparables we have on other players, that this is what we go for. I'm yet to see the process of how it works, but I hear nothing but good things the way we do it and in particular about Michael -- and his process of this."

******* hell. I feel for Klopp.

I swear to god if we dont spend big this summer imma lose my shit and get on the FSG out bandwagon.

This is the line that gets me.. No wonder we haven't won a title in 20 years..

Seriously everything he says above sounds like getting excuses ready.

Coutinho was a fantastic buy for 8 million but they are few and far between. And even if we did manage to buy a player of Coutinho's quality for 8 million this summer, that player wont hit Cout's levels for years like it has taken Cout years to go grow into the player he is now.

That doesnt help us now. We need ready made excellent footballers to help us compete on all four fronts.

All Moore seems to be saying is excuses and to expect "smart business decisions" that bodes ******* awfully for this summer.

Brace yourself lads.
I have been bracing myself since last summer when we bought nothing. It is a miracle that we finished as high as 4th. I ain't expecting many signings though and will only believe it when they arrive at the club.

Serious question, those of you who are offering insight into Sallah (for example) and how he plays etc, how are you forming this opinion? I barely have time to watch more than 1 LFC game and some highlights of other leagues a week. Are some of you guys Roma fans?

To be honest I have only seen him when he was at Chelsea and playing for Egypt (as I follow the African Cup of Nations/qualifiers a little). I know he plays wide, has pace and is left footed. Enough for me to be excited.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a world cup year next season, players would want a lot of game time at club level in order to secure a place in their national team.
Can would mostly be on the bench at Juventus.

you might need to back that up with pics
Ann-Katherin-Br%C3%B6mmel11.jpg

Naturally wait until it's official official, but...

Liverpool have completed a €40m deal to sign Roma winger Mohamed Salah, according to beIN Sports journalist Mohamed Alkawaleny.

Alkawaleny, who is close to the Egypt international, wrote on Twitter: "Salah officially joins Liverpool for €40m. Congratulations.

"Things are completely finished and contractual terms agreed upon pending the official announcement from Liverpool."

Serious question, those of you who are offering insight into Sallah (for example) and how he plays etc, how are you forming this opinion? I barely have time to watch more than 1 LFC game and some highlights of other leagues a week. Are some of you guys Roma fans?

To be honest I have only seen him when he was at Chelsea and playing for Egypt (as I follow the African Cup of Nations/qualifiers a little). I know he plays wide, has pace and is left footed. Enough for me to be excited.
One of his main strengths is his close control and running at speed with the ball. Many say only Messi does it better and because Salah does it quite well, that's where the Egyptian Messi nickname comes from.

Naturally wait until it's official official, but...

Liverpool have completed a €40m deal to sign Roma winger Mohamed Salah, according to beIN Sports journalist Mohamed Alkawaleny.

Alkawaleny, who is close to the Egypt international, wrote on Twitter: "Salah officially joins Liverpool for €40m. Congratulations.

"Things are completely finished and contractual terms agreed upon pending the official announcement from Liverpool."
Should be announced by the end of the week according to Paul Joyce. 35mil pounds is about right I reckon.

I hope Salah plays on the left wing and not the right as he does at Roma.

We really need to stretch defences better by using width, not adding another guy who's going to cut inside all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back