The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakho, Toure, Sterling, Sturridge, Ibe and Can all beast.

Balotelli needs to pick up some form before he can join them.

Origi will shortly join the group next season and hopefully we get to see Ojo and Sinclair from the academy to join the beast group

Origi will shortly join the group next season and hopefully we get to see Ojo and Sinclair from the academy to join the beast group

Haha so is Can an honorary black man for your purposes? He might be the only lighter skinned player I've ever heard you get excited about!

Pascoe on why he has been filling in for Rodgers at press conferences the last few days:

'"He had to get off sharpish after the game for a meeting in Europe. It is a club matter and none of your business," he said.

Press Association Sport understands Rodgers has been in Italy on player-related business.'

Perin (GK), Pjanic (CM), Dybala & Icardi (CF) the players currently plying their trade in Italy that we've been linked to recently. Who would you prefer?

I want a CDM who can play next Can. Failing that, a CB who will start. Ideal starting team next year would be something like this.

Mignolet
Wisdom/CB Skrtel Sahko
Markovic Can Henderson/CDM Moreno
Coutinho Sterling
Sturridge

Bench: Jones, Wisdom/CB, Illori, Henderson/CDM, Lallana, ST/Ibe, Balotelli

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pascoe on why he has been filling in for Rodgers at press conferences the last few days:

'"He had to get off sharpish after the game for a meeting in Europe. It is a club matter and none of your business," he said.

Press Association Sport understands Rodgers has been in Italy on player-related business.'

Perin (GK), Pjanic (CM), Dybala & Icardi (CF) the players currently plying their trade in Italy that we've been linked to recently. Who would you prefer?
More likely trying to get rid of Balotelli or Borini, if he is there for transfer business.

More likely trying to get rid of Balotelli or Borini, if he is there for transfer business.
I considered this but it makes no sense. He wouldn't be dealing with agents and clubs if he was trying to sell players, that's for Ayre and co.

He'd want to be having talks with transfer targets in order to win them over.

Top quality CM to replace Gerrard (the reports are that we're strongly interested in Pjanic which would be brilliant, a midfield group of he, Can, Henderson, Lallana, Coutinho, Lucas & Allen would be pretty formidable), a striker to replace Borini, and I suppose whether or not we get another CB depends on whether we think Wisdom and/or Ilori are ready to be our 4th option. Can's obviously shown that he's more than serviceable back there.

I've cooled on replacing Mignolet outright - he seems to have turned a corner since being dropped earlier in the season. However, Jones is out of contract and won't be offered a new one, so we clearly need another GK in the summer. If that player turns out to be good enough to usurp Mignolet then so be it, but whoever it is needs to be more reliable and provide greater competition than is currently being offered by Jones.

Not how it works on the selling side of the transfer market. Can you really see a manager wasting his time in the middle of the season doing something like that?

"Please, please buy Borini, I'm begging you!"

What about Enrique? He is a physical beast.

That's interesting. I cant see it being Perin, what with Mignolet's recent revival. Dybala is coveted by everyone so I doubt it's him. Most probably Pjanic. But why now? The window is shut??

I wonder about our center halfs next season. If we continue with three at the back then we will need at least 5 CB's or 4 with Can as a backup. The four right now are Skrtel, Sakho, Toure and Lovren. Can is a backup but can obviously play there and excel. Then we have Wisdom and Ilori out on loan.

Will we offer Toure another year as his two year contract comes to an end this season and I like Can to move into midfield more permanently as soon as now with the injuries we have bu definitely next season.

Are Wisdom and Ilori ready to come back and contribute. I cant see the 4 CB's next season being Skrtel, Sakho, Lovren and Wisdom/Ilori.

Will be interesting to see if Rodgers sees that as a weak spot still despite spending back to back summers on big money CB's in Sakho and Lovren.

How has Ilori been going on loan?

He seems to be the forgotten man of LFC!
I havent seen him play but from what I have gathered from the good old interwebs is that he has been injured. He played in the first 4 games of the Ligue 1 season for Bordeaux and scored a goal too but in early October he pinged his hammy and only just recently returned on the 1st of Feb in a 1-1 draw with Guingamp.

But that is all of October, considering he got hurt on the 3rd of Oct. All of November, Dec and Jan. That is 4 months out. Did his hamstring completely fall out of his leg??

Apart from that in the very limited game time he has had, he has apparently played well. Now that he is fit though, he needs to prove his worth over the last third of the season.

We have several players out on loan who we will be looking to move on. Lloyd Jones, Tex, Aspas, Alberto, Coates, Ilori, Wisdom. Out of those guys, I think just Wisdom and Ilori will be retained come the summer.

Oh and just on those loanees. It's not really going well and it may prove difficult to sell these guys. Coates, Aspas and Alberto have barely played for their respective teams this season.

Only Tex, Wisdom and Origi are playing regularly.

Oh and just on those loanees. It's not really going well and it may prove difficult to sell these guys. Coates, Aspas and Alberto have barely played for their respective teams this season.

Only Tex, Wisdom and Origi are playing regularly.

Aspas is going alright isn't he? Sounds like he's scored a couple of goals. Doesn't really matter anyway as Sevilla have already agreed to pay the €6m fee for him in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back