The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confirmed sightings of Rodgers in Rome. I don't want to start a pjanic but I think it's pretty obvious who he's there to chat to.

That's interesting. I cant see it being Perin, what with Mignolet's recent revival. Dybala is coveted by everyone so I doubt it's him. Most probably Pjanic. But why now? The window is shut??

Putting in groundwork for the summer. He'll have a chat to him and try to sell the club basically, what we plan to achieve, how we play, where he can see the player fitting in to that etc. Personally I think once we have the cattle, Rodgers will want to switch back to his 4-3-3 or the diamond formation.

--------Mignolet---------
Flan-Skrtel-Sakho-Moreno
-----------Can----------
----Henderson-Pjanic----
--------Coutinho--------
--Sturridge----Sterling--

Bench from:
New GK (Ryan?)
Manquillo, Enrique, Lovren, Ilori/Wisdom/New CB
Lucas, Allen, Lallana, Teixeira
Markovic, Ibe
New CF (Dybala?), Balotelli, Origi, Ings

Out: Jones, Johnson, Coates, Gerrard, Alberto, Aspas, Borini, Lambert (approx £25m + huge cut in wage bill)
In: Ryan Pjanic Dybala Ings (approx £70m, the removal from the wage bill of Gerrard & Johnson alone would probably cover the salaries of these 4!)

Would not complain if this was how we lined up in 2015/16. Fingers crossed Rodgers' trip to Rome is a productive one.

Last edited:
What does our line up look like when Flannagan comes back?
Do we revert back to the 442 diamond? Surely he isnt play as the attacking wing back on the right?

What about Enrique? He is a physical beast.

Think everyone knows Enrique was only a beast in 2013.

I've been saying this for a while, we needed more BBB's plus Can, with our current squad we're still lacking a couple in certain a positions.

Bought the wrong Southampton players last season imo, as much as I like Lallana we shouldve gotten Clyne and Wanyama. Really need a replacement for that vegetable Glen Johnson.

Rodgers.jpg
Pascoe on why he has been filling in for Rodgers at press conferences the last few days:

'"He had to get off sharpish after the game for a meeting in Europe. It is a club matter and none of your business," he said.

Press Association Sport understands Rodgers has been in Italy on player-related business.'

Perin (GK), Pjanic (CM), Dybala & Icardi (CF) the players currently plying their trade in Italy that we've been linked to recently. Who would you prefer?

He was in Rome .. Photo was taken outside the Vatican

My Summer Wish List:
In: Mat Ryan (GK), Tyrone Mings (LB), Ryan Shawcross (CB), Will Hughes (CM) Miralem Pjanić (CM) - $50mil?
Out: Jones (GK) Lovren (CB) Enrique (LB) Johnson (RB) Allen (CM) Alberto (AM) Borini (ST) Aspas (ST) Coates (CB) - $45mil?
Return from Loan: Origi (ST) Wisdom (RB) Ilori (CB) Jones (CB)

I don't see Mat Ryan coming here to sit on the bench TBH.

He wouldn't want to "Langerak" himself out of the Socceroos setup.

Depends how we sell it to him I suppose. I don't think Mignolet's position as our #1 is secure put it that way. Whichever keeper we bring in over the summer, we'll be telling them that the #1 spot is theirs if they want it and perform well enough.

My Summer Wish List:
In: Mat Ryan (GK), Tyrone Mings (LB), Ryan Shawcross (CB), Will Hughes (CM) Miralem Pjanić (CM) - $50mil?
Out: Jones (GK) Lovren (CB) Enrique (LB) Johnson (RB) Allen (CM) Alberto (AM) Borini (ST) Aspas (ST) Coates (CB) - $45mil?
Return from Loan: Origi (ST) Wisdom (RB) Ilori (CB) Jones (CB)
we can do much better than shawcross.

Shawcross is very good on an average team. With better players around him he could be great.
Similar to Gary Cahill when he went to Chelsea
I haven't seen him play this season at all, has got the dirty play out of his game?
In previous seasons he was the biggest scragger but somehow avoided giving away penalties

Dont know how he is going at Bayern but certainly would be adverse to us putting in a 25-30 mil bid for Javi Martinez. Absolute class player. Similar to Can in that he can play CDM/CB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont know how he is going at Bayern but certainly would be adverse to us putting in a 25-30 mil bid for Javi Martinez. Absolute class player. Similar to Can in that he can play CDM/CB.
On my Fifa Manager mode Liverpool bought Javi Martinez :cool::cool:

He's been injured all season but looking at last season, he only played half of Munich's league games. We'd have to throw a lot at him as he could go to better clubs and he did cost Munich a Bundesliga record fee iirc.
His price was also inflated to almost twice its worth due to him coming from Atletic Bilbao

Gerrard ' s supposedly pulled his hammy and will be out for two weeks.

Toure in to the back 3 with Can pushing into Lucas' position IMO.

Against Palace I reckon we should start Mario alongside Sturridge and see what happens with Mario being a confidence player.

I'd like to see Sterling & Moreno out on the wings & Lallana alongside Hendo in the middle.

Confirmed sightings of Rodgers in Rome. I don't want to start a pjanic but I think it's pretty obvious who he's there to chat to.

Putting in groundwork for the summer. He'll have a chat to him and try to sell the club basically, what we plan to achieve, how we play, where he can see the player fitting in to that etc. Personally I think once we have the cattle, Rodgers will want to switch back to his 4-3-3 or the diamond formation.

--------Mignolet---------
Flan-Skrtel-Sakho-Moreno
-----------Can----------
----Henderson-Pjanic----
--------Coutinho--------
--Sturridge----Sterling--

Bench from:
New GK (Ryan?)
Manquillo, Enrique, Lovren, Ilori/Wisdom/New CB
Lucas, Allen, Lallana, Teixeira
Markovic, Ibe
New CF (Dybala?), Balotelli, Origi, Ings

Out: Jones, Johnson, Coates, Gerrard, Alberto, Aspas, Borini, Lambert (approx £25m + huge cut in wage bill)
In: Ryan Pjanic Dybala Ings (approx £70m, the removal from the wage bill of Gerrard & Johnson alone would probably cover the salaries of these 4!)

Would not complain if this was how we lined up in 2015/16. Fingers crossed Rodgers' trip to Rome is a productive one.
I could see us bringing in more than just 4 players though in the summer. The last two summers has seen 7-8 new arrivals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back