The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

bOtRm5H.jpg

big props to Brendan Rodgers for the way he's turned this team around. a comprehensive victory in the first leg tomorrow will go a long way to erasing the memories of a bad first half of the season. i'm pretty confident we're going to win. i can smell the FA cup final against the mancs too but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

a pretty good summation of what is left in front of us for 3rd or 4th spot.

http://www.teamtalk.com/features/16129/9717990/Who-will-win-the-race-for-the-top-four

It obviously doesn't take into account form/momentum which we are banking on getting us over the line.
Does seem like we have the toughest run in and we are coming from last place. It will be incredibly hard to jump into the top 4. Our form has been excellent though. Southampton away on the weekend is huge.

Our next 6 league fixture will determine if can make it or not. Southampton, City, Burnley, Swansea, United, Arsenal. If we come out of those anywhere close to 4th. We could run the table with out last 7 fixtures being teams all in the bottom half of the table, barring the big Chelsea match.

Going to be tight.

big props to Brendan Rodgers for the way he's turned this team around. a comprehensive victory in the first leg tomorrow will go a long way to erasing the memories of a bad first half of the season. i'm pretty confident we're going to win. i can smell the FA cup final against the mancs too but let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Yeah you gotta give him his dues. It was the mother of all hangover from the disappointment of going so close to the title. Then Suarez leaves and Sturridge goes down. The struggle was real. But he found a way to keep us going, to keep getting results and despite a horrible first half of the season, we still made the semi's of the League Cup and only got knocked out by the best team in England.

We are in the QF's of the FA Cup, still a shout to finish top 4 and have the Europa League run to look forward to. Plus we're in the best form of any team in England. You gotta give him props.

Should never have been in a position that we needed a turn around. I think he'll stay now, and hope he does well. But for mine BR has had a very disappointing season.

I have to agree. He's been very slow to act on and off the pitch. He has to be one of the worst managers I've seen at using his changes(if he even uses them) and thought even as recently as the blue shite game was very poorly managed in game. Off the pitch he's been too slow to act a lot. When fans and the press are calling for changes that you finally do and they work weeks after most wanted them made that's an issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should never have been in a position that we needed a turn around. I think he'll stay now, and hope he does well. But for mine BR has had a very disappointing season.
I dont know about that. SAS was taken from him from the get go. Sure you can blame him for the guys he brought in for Suarez but you never really know who is signing who. We have that whole transfer committee and everything I have seen and read makes me believe Rodgers never wanted to sign Balotelli.

So you go from the deadliest strike duo in world football to Lambert, Borini and a bloke you didnt want to sign. That is always going to have an effect on your season.

I think he did pretty well with what he has had to work with. The injury to Sturridge, your first choice GK suffering a horrible drop in form, your signings not really firing straight out of the gate. I personally think he has a done a pretty admirable job in keeping us in top four contention.

I fully believe if Sturridge were fit all year, we would be 3rd or even higher considering City's struggles.

http://www.fcbusiness.co.uk/eversion/fc82/html5/index.html?page=6

Great article on the Anfield redevelopment, the benefits it will reap for the club and the significant economic uplift it will bring to the area.
I dont care what other people say. I LOVE FSG.

They saved us from something unthinkable and have never put a foot wrong IMO. What's happening with the stadium expansion and the work in the surrounding Anfield area is amazing and a huge boost for the local community and of course the football club.

It's good times. I always felt we dominated football before $$ became important. The moment it did, we just refused to come out of the dark ages. Everybody got the jump on us and it set us back 20 years. I read once that we were the last English club to get their own personal website. We are one of the biggest clubs on the planet and we were the last to get a freaking website?? The club was horribly mismanaged during the transfer from the First Division to the money of the Premier League.

We never caught up. Only now do I believe we are starting to catch up and over take many. Getting us back in the game so to speak.

Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Sakho, Allen, Henderson, Moreno, Ibe, Coutinho, Lallana, Sturridge.

Ward, Manquillo, Lovren, Lambert, Sterling, Borini, Balotelli.

Anyone watching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back