The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Making heavy weather of average opposition

Being Liverpool :drunk:
Doing Bestiktas a disservice there mate. They are very strong defensively. Stay compact and organised and break well. They are the Turkish champs and showed that throughout the match. They are certainly no walkover.

Hendo: "I wanted the penalty but Mario felt confident."

Stevie: "If I was on the pitch I would have taken it. Jordan Henderson should have taken it. Mario has been mischievous."

So our plan is always have our captain take the penalty? Geez. Better hope Mignolet doesn't become captain anytime soon.

In all fairness, Henderson was supposed to take the penalty, assigned by the manager.
Sturridge wasn't whinging about not the one taking the pen himself, he argued with Balo that Henderson was suppose to take it.

Looks like we got it all wrong, apologies to Sturridge haha! Gerrard seems pretty filthy with Mario which is understandable but to be honest it's ****ing mental that Henderson is the designated penalty taker ahead of Mario anyway.

Also, poor from Gerrard to rip in to Mario like that. Do that shit behind closed doors ffs.

It is hard to fathom that there isn't a pecking order in place. Very embarrassing on the pitch. They looked like school boys. I think that Henderson, even if wrong, gets the call. He is Captain. I think he was more annoyed with the fact that balotelli didn't wait for the nod to take it, he just took the ball.

You have to admire the cahonas on balo though. I couldn't help but lol at the face he pulls after he scores. He literally does not feel pressure. Zero f*cks given at all times.

Stevie: "If I was on the pitch I would have taken it. Jordan Henderson should have taken it. Mario has been mischievous."

So our plan is always have our captain take the penalty? Geez. Better hope Mignolet doesn't become captain anytime soon.
Are those real quotes?

Why the **** is Henderson our designated pen taker and surely that is superceded once Mario comes on considering he is boss from the spot. Not sure what all the arguing was about. Henderson as captain and as the designated pen taker should have taken it. Doesnt bode well as captain that he can be convinced not to take it.

I mean if Gerrard is on the pitch, there isnt even a conversation. Nobody even approached Stevie. He is the captain. He will score in front of the Kop. So if Hendo has given it up, that's not great.

Are those real quotes?

Why the **** is Henderson our designated pen taker and surely that is superceded once Mario comes on considering he is boss from the spot. Not sure what all the arguing was about. Henderson as captain and as the designated pen taker should have taken it. Doesnt bode well as captain that he can be convinced not to take it.

I mean if Gerrard is on the pitch, there isnt even a conversation. Nobody even approached Stevie. He is the captain. He will score in front of the Kop. So if Hendo has given it up, that's not great.

These are legit quotes. BR presser about to start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if Balo scored, Balotelli absolutely needs to get in line if Henderson, or whoever, was the designated penalty taker.

Particularly because Henderson is captain.

However, designating Henderson to take the penalty over Balotelli is stupid and a separate matter.

I think it's all a big non issue but I think it actually worked out well.

Sturridge is right for fighting for his captain and telling Balo to go away.

Henderson is right for knowing he isnt having his best game and that Balo is a far better penalty taker so as captain he can give it to someone else.

Balo is right for wanting to take it because he is ****ing boss from the spot.

So in the end everyone is a winner.

Just funny if Stevie is on the pitch. Nobody would even approach Gerrard. Because, he's Steven Gerrard. :D

Henderson being the designated taker is understandable because no one else that started is particularly good at penalties. But surely once Mario comes on he's the penalty taker, his conversation rate from the spot is up there with anyone in the world.

Mario will no doubt come out of this as the villain which IMO is pretty unfair and also quite sad considering he's probably had the best two weeks of his Liverpool career on the pitch.

lol Hendo as penalty taker? Gerrard, Ballo, Lambert and Sturridge are all ahead of him comfortably if they're on the pitch.

Haha Migs smashed his penalty in against.... I can't remember who. The 22-21 game in the cup? He scored anyway didn't he so maybe he's still a better option.

I dont think there should be a villain. We won 1-0. Whatever goes on with the spot kick will be dealt with behind closed doors.

Learning curve for Hendo if he is indeed the man to captain us once Gerrard leaves.

Gerrard has just hung Mario out to dry on tv which the media are going to have a field day with. No chance this story just blows over tonight.

Really poor from Gerrard IMO.

I love Hendo...but he should be nowhere near set pieces.
I have no basis to build this on as I cant see us train but I think Henderson is furiously working on his dead ball stuff. I think he knows being captain comes with those types of responsibilities and he wants to be as good a replacement for Gerrard as he can.

But Gerrard is world class and he has huge balls, never afraid of the moment and has world class delivery and is boss from the spot.

If Hendo is working on all that then great, as he has seemed the man behind a lot of dead balls when Gerrard isnt on the pitch but he has a long way to go to convince me that he is the right man for corners, pens and key FK's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back