The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Play the best eleven. It's absurd that it would even be considered to be honest with that much on the line.

Best line up, put the game to bed early then bring him on. That's the ideal scenario.

Let's fight to the death. Immediately.

Bring it on!
RRR_2_GIF_FUNNY_FIGHT_1large1_by_coverop.gif

What would an ideal transfer window for you guys look like based on the players we've been linked with over the last month or 2, and what would it leave us with for the 2015/16 season?

Out:
Gerrard, Johnson, Enrique, Borini, Balotelli/Lambert, Jones, Alberto, Aspas & Coates

While we may not reap a huge amount in terms of transfer fees for this group of surplus players (£30-35m would be my guess), we will clear an enormous amount of space on the wage bill. Cutting Gerrard & Johnson alone would give us an extra £13m per year to play with, enough for the wages of 4 quality players. With those outs in mind, and a likely initial budget of somewhere around £40m, I'd like to see us go for something like this:

In:
Ryan/Perin (£10m), Danilo (£20m), Pjanic (£25m), Vietto (£15m), Ings (Free), Ilori & Teixeira (return from loan)

--------Ryan/Perin--------
Danilo-Skrtel-Sakho-Moreno
-----------Can------------
----Henderson-Pjanic------
---------Coutinho---------
---Sturridge-----Sterling---

Depth:
Goalkeeper: Mignolet
Fullback: Manquillo, Flanagan
Centreback: Lovren, Toure, Ilori
Centre Mid: Lucas, Allen
Attacking Mid: Lallana, Teixeira
Wing/Wingback: Ibe, Markovic
Striker: Vietto, Origi, Ings, Balotelli/Lambert

Not sure whether we'll stick with the 3-4-3 or revert to a 4-3-3/diamond formation next season, but I think that fortunately the players we have will allow us to be pretty flexible in that regard.
Your outs are pretty spot on.

Out
Johnson - dont mind him as a squad player but I dont think he will take a pay cut so...
Coates - not good enough.
Aspas - not good enough.
Alberto - not good enough.
Gerrard - heart broken.
Jones - I dont mind if he stays. Well liked but need another GK to challenge Migs. Good enough for 3rd choice. Plus Australian :)
Borini - a tryer but just not good enough.
Balotelli - doesnt really fit the way we play.
Toure - dont mind if he stays another year, great squad player but his contract is up.

In
Who really knows we are linked to so many players.

We need a forward for sure. Someone in the same mould as a Suarez or Sturridge so somebody like Lacazette or Dybala. But they are being hunted by all the big clubs so will be hard to get. Vietto is an option, maybe Firmino too. I dont mind brining in Ings as a squad player.

But if we keep Lambert, bring back Origi, Sturridge, Ings and then another bigger high profile striker, that is probably too many. We need just the four strikers. Maybe another loan for Origi as he hasnt come on in leaps and bounds with his current loan. Or Lambert too leaves which would be a shame for him but it's a cut throat business.

We definitely need a CM or two. Gerrard is off. Leaves us with just Can, Allen, Hendo and Lucas. Question marks over whether Lucas will stay. Allen is a squad player at best and Can spends most of his time in a back three. So we definitely need at least two central midfielders.

Pjanic is one we have been linked to, I think he would be a pretty good signing. I think Milner would certainly be a good get, a real quality squad player with experience in title races. Nainggolan is another ive seen links too, very good DM but what is the go with Lucas first and foremost.

I think if Lucas comes back from injury and goes straight back into the team, come the end of the season I dont think he will want to move on. So midfielders and a forward I think is the priority at this point but if Toure goes, Lovren hasnt been great, will Ilori come back? Or will we need to dip into the market for another CB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back