The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anything ever fully right with this guy at any club?
I dont believe the rumours but apparently Barcelona want to move him on.

Sell Coates, Aspas, Alberto, Borini, Lambert, raise about 20 million from that.

Buy Suarez back for 75 million. Take the edge off with 20 million incoming.

Buy nobody else, summer expenditure of 55 million seems legit. Roll to the title next season. :D

Also rumblings coming out that all is not right with Barcelona and Suarez.

Rumours have been around for awhile, they were expecting his Liverpool form for them this year allegedly, but with Messi and Neymar in the same lineup how can he compete with that? At Liverpool he was the man and could demand the ball, at Barca he is a supporting player.

Rumours have been around for awhile, they were expecting his Liverpool form for them this year allegedly, but with Messi and Neymar in the same lineup how can he compete with that? At Liverpool he was the man and could demand the ball, at Barca he is a supporting player.
For 75 million I guess you would want more goals. But they dont play him in the same way we played him so what to they expect.

Interdasting though. Let's buy him back.

In pure dollar terms yes, but if you were to add a £10m fee to a player like Milner at his age I doubt you'd see many clubs trying to take him away from City. For £120k/week or £10m plus £70k/week as opposed to £0m and £70k/week, you're talking about effectively doubling his price over the duration of the contract, resulting in a significantly higher opportunity cost for the buying club, and the list of decent players you could purchase instead for that price is obviously considerably longer.

In simple terms, at his age his appeal is tied to the fact that he is available on a free this summer. Double the price and that appeal is gone.

Thats pretty much what I was saying. If £10m and £70k a week is too much, then no doubt £120k a week will be too much. Thats all well and good.

But you have to look at the wages in relation to the fact that you are paying nothing to get him in. Every player in the world is going to ask for money on top of his wages because he cost nothing to bring in.

Thats pretty much what I was saying. If £10m and £70k a week is too much, then no doubt £120k a week will be too much. Thats all well and good.

But you have to look at the wages in relation to the fact that you are paying nothing to get him in. Every player in the world is going to ask for money on top of his wages because he cost nothing to bring in.
But why should we pay extra just because his contract ran out? He doesnt see any of the 10 million fee if say we bought him from City instead. Im confused.

But why should we pay extra just because his contract ran out? He doesnt see any of the 10 million fee if say we bought him from City instead. Im confused.
The main reason people run down their contracts is so they can pocket a large sign on fee/increased wages.

Clubs are happy to pay that as they are getting an asset for nothing.

Sol Campbell was the first that comes to mind but its a fairly common thing now. As already mentioned in this thread Joe Cole was another who could ask for bigger wages as he cost nothing.

The main reason people run down their contracts is so they can pocket a large sign on fee/increased wages.

Clubs are happy to pay that as they are getting an asset for nothing.

Sol Campbell was the first that comes to mind but its a fairly common thing now. As already mentioned in this thread Joe Cole was another who could ask for bigger wages as he cost nothing.
I guess, but Milner is already on huge wages. He isnt gonna get that elsewhere so im not sure what he is expecting. Sometimes you see this with player who end up out of contract for a long time and then eventually get picked up by a mid table side for just half decent wages.

Might see it happen again with him.

Maybe so. He'll get a decent wage with us, so I would think if he wasnt pretty sure he was getting more elsewhere he would have signed an extension with us by now.

FWIW I wouldnt pay him £120k a week or buy him for £10m and pay him £70k a week either.

Maybe so. He'll get a decent wage with us, so I would think if he wasnt pretty sure he was getting more elsewhere he would have signed an extension with us by now.

FWIW I wouldnt pay him £120k a week or buy him for £10m and pay him £70k a week either.
Yeah well we obviously arent keen to do either aswell. So I doubt he ends up at Liverpool.

El Nino on his time at Liverpool FC

"Liverpool left a permanent mark on me. Anfield is a magical place. A magical place. It made me feel...unstoppable. I used to tell Pepe Reina that I felt like I would inevitably score everytime I stepped on the pitch. I used to picture it non-stop in my head, on my way to the stadium, when I arrived...it truly was magical."

-- Regardless of what happened after you left, you became an idol there. It was a very important time in your career, and for the club as a whole as well. --

"I once was, yes. The situation's changed now, for the fans. The receptions I've had in recent times haven't been the best, but really, when I put myself in their position. I understand completely. Because of the story they were told, essentially. There were people involved, who didn't have the best intentions, people who deliberately told the story a certain way, filled it with lies. But my love and my gratitude towards the fans will never change, ever. It's the place where I spent the best years of my career, or certainly some of the best, some of the happiest, where my son was born. It's a place I only have great, wonderful memories of. Nothing will ever change that. Someday, perhaps, they will understand, change their minds about me. I would hope so. But regardless of what happens, it will always be a special place for me. I would love to go back and take my son, and show him what Anfield is like. I would love for him to witness it."

-- Steven Gerrard has invited you to join him on his charity match at Anfield next month. Will you be back? --

"Proudly. We're friends, we keep in touch, and to be able to play alongside him again is...he's the best player I've ever played with. I would do anything to be there."

-- Is he the best, Steven Gerrard? --

"For me he is. Without a doubt."

Torres pulling at my heart strings. Stop it Fernando. I hate you!

Also rumblings coming out that all is not right with Barcelona and Suarez.

he's playing a supporting role. if he wants out let's get him on loan. we can offer him a staring role in the europa league as opposed to a bit part in the CL.

stay away from him. gave his previous club headaches with the biting and the tiff with evra. many wanted to sell him.

:D

El Nino on his time at Liverpool FC

"Liverpool left a permanent mark on me. Anfield is a magical place. A magical place. It made me feel...unstoppable. I used to tell Pepe Reina that I felt like I would inevitably score everytime I stepped on the pitch. I used to picture it non-stop in my head, on my way to the stadium, when I arrived...it truly was magical."

-- Regardless of what happened after you left, you became an idol there. It was a very important time in your career, and for the club as a whole as well. --

"I once was, yes. The situation's changed now, for the fans. The receptions I've had in recent times haven't been the best, but really, when I put myself in their position. I understand completely. Because of the story they were told, essentially. There were people involved, who didn't have the best intentions, people who deliberately told the story a certain way, filled it with lies. But my love and my gratitude towards the fans will never change, ever. It's the place where I spent the best years of my career, or certainly some of the best, some of the happiest, where my son was born. It's a place I only have great, wonderful memories of. Nothing will ever change that. Someday, perhaps, they will understand, change their minds about me. I would hope so. But regardless of what happens, it will always be a special place for me. I would love to go back and take my son, and show him what Anfield is like. I would love for him to witness it."

-- Steven Gerrard has invited you to join him on his charity match at Anfield next month. Will you be back? --

"Proudly. We're friends, we keep in touch, and to be able to play alongside him again is...he's the best player I've ever played with. I would do anything to be there."

-- Is he the best, Steven Gerrard? --

"For me he is. Without a doubt."

Torres pulling at my heart strings. Stop it Fernando. I hate you!

nice. id like to hear his thoughts about lampard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suarez is doing fantastic at Barca by all reports, he just isn't a goal machine. That's not his role. Doubtless just rumours made up by Reds who want him back.

What's the 'real story' Torres always mentions but never tells us? Feels like a cover up for the fact that he ****ed off.

He plays better off a striker, or in behind, or coming from deep or out wide. He can be really damaging as a winger, wing back or and AM. Right now though I feel the two form blokes are Lallana and Coutinho so if Sturridge is to come back in and I feel that he has to, then maybe Sterling goes back to the bench.

I think the fact that lallana went to left wing back and Sterling played in behind Sturridge when Sturridge was subbed on shows where Brendan has the two in line for that CAM role. I think Lallana is in great form, hard to knock sterling who is playing well out of position.

As boring as the conversation is - i don't think they are the same at all if you factor in resale value and timing of cash of flows.

Did you know some people play football not for the money?

Yeah, I know! Sometimes they just want to actually get minutes on the pitch!! :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: And maybe prove that they're better than Navas. Sell that guy before he tells Bony!

As harsh as it sounds, for Burnley I'd start Sturridge in place of Sterling. Lallana and Coutinho are just class and too good at the moment to not start, while Sterling looks in need of a rest. Yeah he's been played out of position, but he seems indecisive and his finishing isn't at his best atm. There's no way you drop one of Lallana and Coutinho ahead of Sterling atm. Or you could play Sterling at RWB and drop Markovic to the bench, Markovic was all over the place against City and still very inconsistent. Would prefer Sterling at RWB than Lallana. We could really use Ibe. :(

Hopefully Sakho is fit, but otherwise I have no issue with sticking with Lovren. Need to get behind him now, show him we believe in him. And he did cost 20 million and there is no way we are getting anywhere near that fee as it stands!
Lallana worth the money. He and Coutinho bring a hell of a lot together, both dribble like the ball is stuck to their feet (yes Adam is British!), both have excellent goal sense and this is all after they can play the likes of Sturridge and Sterling ahead with piercing through balls.

Defenses be shittin'
Well summed up.

No Europa league will be a blessing for us .. Beating Man City on the back of a trip to Turkey having played 120 mins was huge. All out for an assault on the top 4 and FA cup ..

I hope BR starts his strongest line up .. he could then rest/manage a few for Blackburn

----------------------Migs-------------------
-------Can---------Skrtel-----Sakho----- [Lovren can then start for one of the CBs in the Blackburn game]
Sterling/Lallana----------------Moreno-- [Manquillo can start at RCB for the Blackburn game]
------------Hendo---------Allen----------- [If fit Gerrard can start for the Blackburn game]
-----Lallana/Sterling-----Coutinho------ [Markovic can start for the Blackburn game]
------------------Sturridge----------------

We must NOT be complacent .. I'll take any win .. My prediction: 2-0

Did you know some people play football not for the money?

Yeah, I know! Sometimes they just want to actually get minutes on the pitch!! :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: And maybe prove that they're better than Navas. Sell that guy before he tells Bony!

Milner has chased money throughout his career. Nothing wrong with that of course, just the way it has been.

I doubt he would play many (if any) more minutes for you than us. Who would he replace in your starting XI week in week out?

Last edited:
Milner has chased money throughout his career. Nothing wrong with that of course, just the way it has been.

I doubt he would play many (if any) more minutes for you than us. Who would he replace in your starting XI week in week out?

I'd play him ahead of Allen but not Lucas or Henderson, So he's be starting on the bench if our squad was fully fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back