The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, I think Sturridge should be used off the bench with sterling starting up top, markovic at RWB. Move sterling to RWB and bring Sturridge on later in the game. Not 100%

I'd love Sterling up front if he had some kind of finishing ability, but he doesn't and I don't think he ever will. Also, I'm pretty concerned about his current wage demands - I don't think he's worth it. Controversially, I'd probably sell if he keeps holding out. Try and get 40 mil and focus on Ibe (who is going to be an absolute gem) and Marko. I've always thought Sterling is a touch overrated - blistering pace and gets in some dangerous spots admittedly but its rare that there is something 'special' on the end of it.

I'd love Sterling up front if he had some kind of finishing ability, but he doesn't and I don't think he ever will. Also, I'm pretty concerned about his current wage demands - I don't think he's worth it. Controversially, I'd probably sell if he keeps holding out. Try and get 40 mil and focus on Ibe (who is going to be an absolute gem) and Marko. I've always thought Sterling is a touch overrated - blistering pace and gets in some dangerous spots admittedly but its rare that there is something 'special' on the end of it.
He only just turned 20 though mate. Bit harsh.

Having said that, I dont want Sterling up top. Id rather Sturridge, I just think Studge is struggling with the new formation and how best he fits it. Once he clicks, we will be all good.

He only just turned 20 though mate. Bit harsh.

Having said that, I dont want Sterling up top. Id rather Sturridge, I just think Studge is struggling with the new formation and how best he fits it. Once he clicks, we will be all good.

Fair enough. He is good for his age but I just don't see him as worth, what is it 100k a week?, Coutinho settled for 70 and for me he's more a complete package. I'd love it if he turned out to be Ronaldo, but I see him as more a speedster type and they usually burn out pretty quick.

Sturridge is in the Engerland team.... let's hope he comes off the bench for Kane a couple times and that's it..

Fair enough. He is good for his age but I just don't see him as worth, what is it 100k a week?, Coutinho settled for 70 and for me he's more a complete package. I'd love it if he turned out to be Ronaldo, but I see him as more a speedster type and they usually burn out pretty quick.
Early on it looked like he might just be another Walcott or Lennon. The quick little English winger, but IMO, he is far more than that now. His ability to hold the ball up, good passer of the football, he is intelligent with his runs, he presses, defends from the front, has tricks and bags of pace, has a great engine. He can play wingback, AM, false 9, number 10, striker, winger.

I do get that we dont want to be paying him 150k. But if we can settle for something around 100k and make it a 5 year deal. Im happy to pay him that kind of money up until he is 24/25 years old.

I also understand the club, they dont want to be held to ransom but at the end of the day, he is probably in our top 4 or 5 players at the club. When you are a top 5 player at a club like Liverpool, you expect to be on big dollars.

Im sure it will sort itself out though.

Lucas back in full training apparently. Probably wont be ready for Sunday but at least he is back. As is Gerrard, gives us more options in midfield. Joe Allen IMO has been fantastic in Lucas' absence but surely once Lucas is 100% and ready to start games, he comes straight back in!

Lucas back in full training apparently. Probably wont be ready for Sunday but at least he is back. As is Gerrard, gives us more options in midfield. Joe Allen IMO has been fantastic in Lucas' absence but surely once Lucas is 100% and ready to start games, he comes straight back in!
With Stevie leaving at the end of the year, how much in wages does that free up? Anyone know what his last contract was?
Intrigued to know who we will throw those wages at (with a portion of them being freed up to give other players a pay rise as well).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of them was telling me that Liverpool would finish 4th and they would win Europa just to knock us out of qualification. Lel fail.

Haha. Even if that was the case we'd still qualify for CL.

They're called bitters for a reason. They are still upset about not qualifying for CL football in season 05/06 because of us apparently.

uxNtLqB.jpg

:$:$:$:$:$

Hendo & Sterling will get lage pay rises offsetting it.
Yeah you could see about 250k coming off the books with Johnson and Gerrard leaving but that will just go straight into pay bumps for Sterling and Henderson. Probably 70k or so bump for Sterling and 50k or so for Hendo. Still leaves us with a little to sprinkle around the first team. A new deal for Ibe being an obvious one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back