The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I know he has an injury history and Italian players (especially those coming straight from Serie A) don't tend to do well in England but **** me that is a massive steal. There has to be some serious issue there for more teams not to be in for him at that price.

Probably right but he's also handy depth when the injuries come! What's our midfield depth chart looking like now? By my count we have six senior central midfielders: Mac Allister, Gravenberch, Szoboszlai, Wataro, Jones & Elliot. Next cabs off that rank were Bajcetic and Morton who both look out the door. By minutes played last year Clark was next. Gone. We have two extra Champions League games before Christmas this season too, no? Very concerning stuff! Meanwhile Hughes is playing 4D chess signing a #1 goalkeeper and loaning him out when we have two perfectly cromulent goalkeepers with good age profiles.
This, so much this.

We've established early that Slot doesnt rate Endo as he is playing Grav in the 6 when he's not really a 6.

Szo, Mac, Elliott and Jones all play further forward in midfield. So it's just Grav in the 6 which I'm not sure will work against better teams and then Endo who I do like but Slot probably doesnt.

Six blokes in midfield for the entire season in four competitions. If Morton and Baj do go out on loan, we will be paper thin.

A lot of the talk about Slot coming in was he had a similar penchant for bringing through youth but since he's arrived, not that I think all these are his doing, but we've sold Clark, Carvalho and VDB and now loaning out Baj and potentially Morton too.

Buying Chiesa will bury Doak and he probably ends up on loan. Koumas is at Stoke, will we loan out Danns too? Took Quansah off at HT and he wont be seen for a while you'd expect.

Seems very against the kids haha.

It's only Bradley who has survived really.

This is such a bizarre one, I remember before his injury he was linked with clubs for 75-80 million and now to get him for 12 million. His knees must be absolutely shot, just so strange to be getting him that cheap, something has to be up.
Screams desperation move. We add to an already crowded forward line. And totally ignore our back half. Doesn't make sense really. Yes he is cheap, the only good thing about it.

Screams desperation move. We add to an already crowded forward line. And totally ignore our back half. Doesn't make sense really. Yes he is cheap, the only good thing about it.
I know Liverpool have been long time admirers but we are really leaning into this opportunity style signings. A player coming off a big injury, one year left on his deal. So we swoop in.

Mamardashvili the same, we get him now while he's cheap and loan him out so we dont have to pay 70 million for him years later when Alisson might leave.

It's trash.

Neither signing has addressed a weakness in the team.

It's been a bizarre first transfer window with Edwards back and Richard Hughes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be fully against this. Send him to Pep who will manage him properly.

Bad on two fronts, Barca are a hot mess but also it's basically grooming. A spanish kid playing for a spanish giant. It's just his first step out the door at Liverpool.

For me, dont ****ing loan him at all.

He was ridiculously good when he burst into our first team. Keep him here and play the damn kid! He has such HUGE potential.

Bad on two fronts, Barca are a hot mess but also it's basically grooming. A spanish kid playing for a spanish giant. It's just his first step out the door at Liverpool.

For me, dont ****ing loan him at all.

He was ridiculously good when he burst into our first team. Keep him here and play the damn kid! He has such HUGE potential.

It's clear he needs a loan. A season of starting every week with CL football in the mix is ideal. Playing in cups here and there plus minutes ofc the bench isn't what Baj needs right now after his setbacks.

Think of what happened to previous young players we had that spent 1 and a half years or more out of the game.

Probably right but he's also handy depth when the injuries come! What's our midfield depth chart looking like now? By my count we have six senior central midfielders: Mac Allister, Gravenberch, Szoboszlai, Wataro, Jones & Elliot. Next cabs off that rank were Bajcetic and Morton who both look out the door. By minutes played last year Clark was next. Gone. We have two extra Champions League games before Christmas this season too, no? Very concerning stuff! Meanwhile Hughes is playing 4D chess signing a #1 goalkeeper and loaning him out when we have two perfectly cromulent goalkeepers with good age profiles.

The two extra UCL games are in January.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back