The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Guessing vs Ipswich the XI will be the same as the Sevilla game?

Diaz-Jota-Salah
Gravenberch-Macca-Szoboszlai
Tsimikas-VVD-Quansah-TAA
Alisson

Subs: Kelleher, Konate, Gomez, Robertson, Endo, Jones, Elliott, Gakpo, Nunez

Guessing vs Ipswich the XI will be the same as the Sevilla game?

Diaz-Jota-Salah
Gravenberch-Macca-Szoboszlai
Tsimikas-VVD-Quansah-TAA
Alisson

Subs: Kelleher, Konate, Gomez, Robertson, Endo, Jones, Elliott, Gakpo, Nunez
I can see Jones and Robbo starting ahead of Tsimikas and Grav.

The good news is we seem to have nearly everyone available for next week. Robbo might be sub or come off early but that’s ok, Tsimikas been good in pre-season.

I haven’t been following it super closely with the Euros and Olympics, but have any of the big clubs signed anyone of note. Our lack of action has been very frustrating, but has it been a quiet transfer window across the board?

Also is Danns injured?

Putting a lot of faith in the likes of Quansah, Bajectic, Jones/Grav, Bradley and Elliott to be the depth players over a 50+ game campaign.

Looks like the deal is getting done but it is not straight forward. Zubamendi has to pay the release fee which I am assuming how they structure it all is holding up the deal.

This guy explains it in better detail:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id hope Zubi isn't the only #6 we are chasing. Looking like it won't happen now.
It's the same old crap. Our shortlist for a position is insanely small and then we pull out and then panic loan someone like Kabak, Arthur or buy Endo.

Reports I've seen say his club told him if he wants to leave he needs to pay the transfer fee. How does that work, can't Liverpool just pay the fee and he's ours or even deposit the fee into the player's account. The Spanish are weird.

Reports I've seen say his club told him if he wants to leave he needs to pay the transfer fee. How does that work, can't Liverpool just pay the fee and he's ours or even deposit the fee into the player's account. The Spanish are weird.

Spanish law says all contracts in La Liga must have a unilateral buyout clause. To activate it unilaterally a player's agent must pay the stipulated amount directly to La Liga.

The easy way around that is for FSG to cough up 10-15% extra above the buyout fee. Which they are obviously too tight to do so.

Sounds like we convinced the player two weeks ago, but instead of giving him the money to trigger the buyout clause, we tried to lowball Sociedad with a different payment structure, which gave them a chance to convince the player to stay

The smart thing to do would have been "Let's give you 57m instead of your player activating his 51m buyout clause. Player gets his transfer, you got another 15% on top of the buyout clause, everyone's happy".

Sounds like FSG didn't go down that path and spent two weeks trying to convince Sociedad on a payment structure instead of paying the entire 51m at once to Zubi's agent for payment to La Liga triggering an immediate transfer.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back