The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, growing into the role.

What do we do when Grav is unavailable? Endo doesn't have the engine of Grav getting forward. He's a serviceable backup but personally I'd like to see Tyler Morton deputise if possible.

It's funny, but there is still Trent with Bradley in at RB. But at some stage Slot is going to have to back in Endo in an important spot.

Did see a concerning interview with Mo apparently saying there has been no contact from the club about a new contract.

Shocking if true.

I have no idea the negligence that has gone on here to have our captain and best CB in the world, a generational RB, vice captain and scouser and the greatest winger the PL has ever seen all with just 10 months left on their contracts.

What is going on....
Look at who the owners are. Then you’ll understand.
They’ll 200% accept the bid from Saudi Arabia in the January window. Easily

I don't think there is any reason not to take Salah at his word. Things can change, but I reckon Salah wants the club to make the first move and that's where it will sit.

BTW, Salah's scoring 40 this season.

Look at who the owners are. Then you’ll understand.
They’ll 200% accept the bid from Saudi Arabia in the January window. Easily
There wont be a bid in January. He can sign a pre-contract in January for free.

If we dont extend Virg, Mo and TAA soon, then we lose all three for free at the end of this season. So the FSG wanting money thing isnt it here, because they would have sold them in the transfer window just gone. Now that the window is shut, that's it. It's done, they either extend or walk for free.

Defense is so much better under Slot.
Both fullbacks are more focus on defending than attacking. Less pressure on VVD and Konate.

Gravenberch and Soboz are brilliant.

Last edited:
We don't know what goes on behind closed doors at the club so any contract talk is just hearsay. I'm sure the club is working feverishly to try and resign these players if they want them to. I do have a sneaking suspicion that Slot doesn't rate TAA as high as some of you on here due to his defensive frailties and views Connor Bradley as a better defensive option IMO.

We don't know what goes on behind closed doors at the club so any contract talk is just hearsay. I'm sure the club is working feverishly to try and resign these players if they want them to. I do have a sneaking suspicion that Slot doesn't rate TAA as high as some of you on here due to his defensive frailties and views Connor Bradley as a better defensive option IMO.
Bradley is still so far behind Trent it's not funny. Most influential full back in the world.

Just got to have faith in the process.

For all we know Mo's agent could have said we won't discuss anything other than a 3 year contract.

Personally, I believe Mo has 2 more seasons left at a top level before he starts declining.

I don't see a need for more than a 2 year extension. That gives both the player and club security. Then he can leave in 2027 as one of the all time LFC greats. I simply don't believe in keeping attacking players beyond their mid 30s no matter how good of a shape they keep their bodies in. Nobody beats age.

I would prioritise a new Trent deal over anyone else. A scouser in mid 20s about the enter the best years of his career. There should be no way we don't secure him for the next 5 years.

Looks like we got the good bald dutch manager, not whoever they've got

We look well coached so far, compact forward and back, some of the Dutch style one touch passing were just delightful, we look so good on the ball

Then you got the mancs who were kicking it out of touch like they're playing rugby
In the 1st half Casemiro had the ball and just simply stopped. Like just gave it up and let it roll away from him lol

Never seen anything like it

Give Mo a 2 year deal with an option for an extra year that auto triggers if he scores 20 goals in his 2nd year

Give Virgil 3 years, I think he'll still play near his peak at 36

Give Trent 5

We offloaded so much wages the past 24 months, there's no way we can't afford their deals, these are club legends, you can't just let them all walk away

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On one of the Redmen vids last week someone mentioned that we conceded the first goal 25 times last season and 18 of those came inside the first 10 minutes. I'm assuming that was across all competitions. No wonder we ran out of gas late in the season, can't keep playing catch up. The start to this season has been a welcome contrast and I'll be quite happy with lots of solid "boring" victories, though last night certainly wasn't.

The Mo-Virg-TAA contract situation is becoming an increasing shadow over what has been a promising start to this season. It's got to be done ASAP.

Was a small, controlled flex from Slot to sub Trent again
Surely Trent knows it's a long season. It's no help overplaying him when the game is already won and then later he pings a calf and misses 6 weeks.

Even if all three re-sign I'd be very surprised if they all stayed beyond next summer.
If I had to pick one to go (assuming they all do re-sign) it would be Trent given his transfer value and being the most replaceable out of the three i.e. Bradley, even more so if he chucks another sad.

Last edited:
If you get a chance to I suggest watching the Match of the Day analysis of the midfield and the difference in structure between the two teams. Watching that you can see why they were never any chance of winning the game.

Surely Trent knows it's a long season. It's no help overplaying him when the game is already won and then later he pings a calf and misses 6 weeks.
8 games in the champions league.
The game is over. I know he wants assists, goals but he also had a long injury lay-off last season, got back and played Euros.

If you get a chance to I suggest watching the Match of the Day analysis of the midfield and the difference in structure between the two teams. Watching that you can see why they were never any chance of winning the game.
I have no idea what United are doing in midfield.
  • They are playing a 4-2-3-1
  • The 3-1 are essentially all attacking players.
  • That leaves 2 in midfield. And one of those is Casimero who is as slow as a tortoise. Mainoo is the other one and he spends half his time launching forward.
United have been doing this for years. They have absolutely zero defensive structure. Against shit teams who park a bus it is fine - although they lose way too often to them as well. Against proper teams it is a joke.

Someone else made a good point today on a podcast I was listening to - when United were 2-0 down and had to throw everything at Liverpool to get back in the game - they substituted a centre back for another centre back. Why? Ten Hag has no ****ing idea. United have zero identity.

Slot has been at Liverpool 6-7 weeks and Liverpool already have a new identity. Maybe it works - maybe it doesn’t - but at least you can see it.

United have nothing. It is just whoever they decide the best 11 players are at any given time - make a formation - hope for the best and see what happens. The only reason they ever win at all is because they can afford top class talent who every now and then do something magic. But mostly they are just wandering around a football pitch aimlessly.

On one of the Redmen vids last week someone mentioned that we conceded the first goal 25 times last season and 18 of those came inside the first 10 minutes. I'm assuming that was across all competitions. No wonder we ran out of gas late in the season, can't keep playing catch up. The start to this season has been a welcome contrast and I'll be quite happy with lots of solid "boring" victories, though last night certainly wasn't.

The Mo-Virg-TAA contract situation is becoming an increasing shadow over what has been a promising start to this season. It's got to be done ASAP.
A few months ago we played Klopp football and only scored 1 in the first half.
Cost us the title drawing 2-2.

Last night we led 2-0 at halftime and could have won 6-0.

I love Klopp but do you prefer last nights result or the last draw? What feels better?

A few months ago we played Klopp football and only scored 1 in the first half.
Cost us the title drawing 2-2.

Last night we led 2-0 at halftime and could have won 6-0.

I love Klopp but do you prefer last nights result or the last draw? What feels better?
A few months ago Liverpool had 28 shots. Last night they had 11.

It is pretty fascinating watching these competing philosophies one after the other. A massive shout out to the players who seem to have taken to the changes like ducks to water.

It is pretty fascinating watching these competing philosophies one after the other. A massive shout out to the players who seem to have taken to the changes like ducks to water.
Its working for now. Albeit a 3 week period.
Were not chasing games or desperate to score late in games so far.

The fact is teams park the bus against City all the bloody time and also with us and City finds a way to score.

That is something I thought Klopp struggled with at times. Because of his philosophy.

What stuck with me is a comment of when City go to old Trafford, they usually play well because they are patient and just wait for United to faulter before going in for the kill.
I saw some of that yesterday and throughout the first 3 weeks.
Don't invite the counter. Don't invite teams into games by leaving the defence exposed.

I just hope when the time is there to go hard and punish sides - such as City and Arsenal for whom the Klopp style of football absolutely rocked, it is going to serve its place.

And those 28 shots were usually amongst the worst 28 shot games you can think of. Routinely ending with one or zero goals. For a team that is amongst the highest goal scoring teams come seasons end. We left an insane amount of goals out there, just being poor finishers. It was a big reason why we lost more cup finals / fell short in the EPL than we won under Klopp. Too many draws, or we couldn't buy a goal in a cup final.

What I am liking about this team so far. Is we seem to be playing smarter and cleaner around the box. Some nice finishes, without needing to blindly thump the ball 30 times at nothing each game. I like this near patient approach, and as you said. Credit to the players for buying in. And even though Slot has a more defence first, and patient approach to his game. We still saw a fair few moments of creativity and fast paced action up front. So its not all the dour football some thought it might become.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back