The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just got to have faith in the process.

For all we know Mo's agent could have said we won't discuss anything other than a 3 year contract.

Personally, I believe Mo has 2 more seasons left at a top level before he starts declining.

I don't see a need for more than a 2 year extension. That gives both the player and club security. Then he can leave in 2027 as one of the all time LFC greats. I simply don't believe in keeping attacking players beyond their mid 30s no matter how good of a shape they keep their bodies in. Nobody beats age.

I would prioritise a new Trent deal over anyone else. A scouser in mid 20s about the enter the best years of his career. There should be no way we don't secure him for the next 5 years.
Dont reckon Mo is the type to lie on national TV. If he says he's heard absolutely nothing from the club on a new contract, I'm inclined to believe him.

I sure as shit hope he's lying though cos if its true then it's bad. And if Mo has heard nothing, have Virg and Trent had the same... surely not.

I have no idea what United are doing in midfield.
  • They are playing a 4-2-3-1
  • The 3-1 are essentially all attacking players.
  • That leaves 2 in midfield. And one of those is Casimero who is as slow as a tortoise. Mainoo is the other one and he spends half his time launching forward.
United have been doing this for years. They have absolutely zero defensive structure. Against shit teams who park a bus it is fine - although they lose way too often to them as well. Against proper teams it is a joke.

Someone else made a good point today on a podcast I was listening to - when United were 2-0 down and had to throw everything at Liverpool to get back in the game - they substituted a centre back for another centre back. Why? Ten Hag has no ****ing idea. United have zero identity.

Slot has been at Liverpool 6-7 weeks and Liverpool already have a new identity. Maybe it works - maybe it doesn’t - but at least you can see it.

United have nothing. It is just whoever they decide the best 11 players are at any given time - make a formation - hope for the best and see what happens. The only reason they ever win at all is because they can afford top class talent who every now and then do something magic. But mostly they are just wandering around a football pitch aimlessly.
It's great isnt it? 😍

U21s beat Sunderland 3-2. Balagizi with a goal + assist. Morrison and Young with a goal each. Corness with an assist.

Team was: Misciur, Miles, Lucky, Nallo, Jonas, Spearing, Corness, Balagizi, Morrison, Young, Norris.
Subs: Trueman, Pilling, Laffey, Kelly, Kone-Doherty.

Goals here:

• That leaves 2 in midfield. And one of those is Casimero who is as slow as a tortoise. Mainoo is the other one and he spends half his time launching forward.
United have been doing this for years. They have absolutely zero defensive structure. Against shit teams who park a bus it is fine - although they lose way too often to them as well. Against proper teams it is a joke.

Someone else made a good point today on a podcast I was listening to - when United were 2-0 down and had to throw everything at Liverpool to get back in the game - they substituted a centre back for another centre back. Why? Ten Hag has no ****ing idea. United have zero identity.

Slot has been at Liverpool 6-7 weeks and Liverpool already have a new identity. Maybe it works - maybe it doesn’t - but at least you can see it.

United have nothing. It is just whoever they decide the best 11 players are at any given time - make a formation - hope for the best and see what happens. The only reason they ever win at all is because they can afford top class talent who every now and then do something magic. But mostly they are just wandering around a football pitch aimlessly.

Mainoo might be talent but he's 19. He's going to be inconsistent. Casemiro was washed last year. And all of Ten Hag's subs were awful, wrong winger off, CB for CB, Eriksen for Zirkzee... he has no clue. Long may he reign over Old Trafford.

Feels a lot like a repeat of last year in terms of who can win the league. From early on yesterday it was clear there was no danger in the game, which is unusual for us there (5-0 is probably the only other time I can remember being relaxed early on watching the game).

Was a small, controlled flex from Slot to sub Trent again

It's good that Slot is stamping his authority. I'm sure he has already had a chat privately to Trent saying you're a key player for me and I want to make sure you stay fit.

So Grav looks to be the solution at #6 for the time being. He does sometimes like to get forward which is a ok as long as we are disciplined and have someone cover at #6 when he gallops up field. Otherwise we'll be exposed badly on counters.

I'd like to know what Arnie has planned when Grav needs to be rotated or is unavailable. Endo doesn't have the same engine for getting up and down the field. Tyler Morton hopefully can get up to speed and step in / challenge Grav for a starting place.

Mainoo might be talent but he's 19. He's going to be inconsistent. Casemiro was washed last year. And all of Ten Hag's subs were awful, wrong winger off, CB for CB, Eriksen for Zirkzee... he has no clue. Long may he reign over Old Trafford.

Feels a lot like a repeat of last year in terms of who can win the league. From early on yesterday it was clear there was no danger in the game, which is unusual for us there (5-0 is probably the only other time I can remember being relaxed early on watching the game).
Mainoo Being 19 makes putting him in a 2 man midfield (next to a geriatric) even more absurd.

So Grav looks to be the solution at #6 for the time being. He does sometimes like to get forward which is a ok as long as we are disciplined and have someone cover at #6 when he gallops up field. Otherwise we'll be exposed badly on counters.

I'd like to know what Arnie has planned when Grav needs to be rotated or is unavailable. Endo doesn't have the same engine for getting up and down the field. Tyler Morton hopefully can get up to speed and step in / challenge Grav for a starting place.
Given Slot likes the double pivot are all three mids sharing the duties? It is hard to see on TV. Grav and Mac start there but I’m sure Szo covers for Grav when he launches forward.

I don’t think Slot is playing anything like a traditional 6 - so maybe we don’t need one - he does expect all his mids to have defensive responsibilities though, and to be able to contribute offensively. Total football.

I think the key to the current defensive stability is much quieter left and right backs.

Given Slot likes the double pivot are all three mids sharing the duties? It is hard to see on TV. Grav and Mac start there but I’m sure Szo covers for Grav when he launches forward.

I don’t think Slot is playing anything like a traditional 6 - so maybe we don’t need one - he does expect all his mids to have defensive responsibilities though, and to be able to contribute offensively. Total football.

I think the key to the current defensive stability is much quieter left and right backs.

If he uses a double pivot permanently than we are short a mid this season unless Morton / Nyonyi can step up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VVD, Gakpo and Gravenberch called up for the Netherlands.
Tsimikas called up for Greece.
Salah called up for Egypt.
Szoboszlai called up for Hungary.
Alisson called up for Brazil.
Mac Allister called up for Argentina.
Koumas and Beck called up for Wales.
Endo called up for Japan.
Mamardashvili called up for Georgia.
Bradley called up for Northern Ireland.
Kelleher called up for Ireland.
Jota called up for Portugal.
Konate called up for France.
Diaz called up for Colombia.
Robertson and Doak called up for Scotland.
Calvin Ramsay called up for Scotland U21s.
Alexander-Arnold called up for England.
Quansah, Elliott and Morton called up for England U21s.
Chambers called up for England U20s.
Nyoni and Pinnington called up for England U18s.
Kaide Gordon and Calum Scanlon late callups for England U20s.

I saw on Reddit they were passing the time on international break by deciding to name the Liverpool players for these categories. Thought we could give it a go cos well, yeah international breaks are boring.

Best -
Worst -
Underrated -
Overrated -
Funniest -
Most annoying -
Most potential -
Most wasted potential -
Best passer -
Best long shot -
Most clinical -
Most athletic -
One season wonder -
Most aggressive -
Best skills -
Game IQ -

A few of these IMO are quite difficult but some a pretty straight forward too. Have at it and I'll add mine in later.

I saw on Reddit they were passing the time on international break by deciding to name the Liverpool players for these categories. Thought we could give it a go cos well, yeah international breaks are boring.

Best -
Worst -
Underrated -
Overrated -
Funniest -
Most annoying -
Most potential -
Most wasted potential -
Best passer -
Best long shot -
Most clinical -
Most athletic -
One season wonder -
Most aggressive -
Best skills -
Game IQ -

A few of these IMO are quite difficult but some a pretty straight forward too. Have at it and I'll add mine in later.

How many could be one man - Suarez?

Best - King Kenny
Worst - Konchesky
Underrated - Jordan Henderson
Overrated - Stephane Henchoz
Funniest - Dejan
Most annoying - El Hadj Diouf
Most potential - Bajcetic
Most wasted potential - Jon Flanagan
Best passer - Xabi
Best long shot - Gerrard
Most clinical - God